AC at Halls

MavMaximus

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can AC bounce back? What kind of challenge will the Red Devils be able to present to the Mavericks? I haven't heard about any significant injuries for the Mavericks after last week's game.

If this Friday is anything like Halls last 4 games, Anderson County will feel really good about themselves on the way home...

Boy do I hate to say this but it could be a very long night for the Devils. This game has none of the drama from years past.

I really do feel for you guys devil.....we have been there before ourselves. Looking at the rest of your schedule, there are at least 3 games that you guys could possibly win in my opinion. I dont see Halls going 0-10.

Just like UT depth is a huge factor especially in this game. AC could run our backers and secondary to death. Ball control by the young Devils should be the order of the day. Clock management could keep this thing close and give our D a blow. I really believe this will be a closer game than people think.

Just like UT depth is a huge factor especially in this game. AC could run our backers and secondary to death. Ball control by the young Devils should be the order of the day. Clock management could keep this thing close and give our D a blow. I really believe this will be a closer game than people think.

Look at the film from the Powell-AC game. The two obvious keys to stopping AC's passing attack are QB pressure and man-to-man coverage in the secondary. Williams wasn't the same after those first 2 offensive series. AC hadn't seen consistent QB pressure all year, and they'd seen nothing but soft zone coverage on defense. Do those two things, and Halls can hang with AC.

Powell put it on AC and I'll give them full credit. If you all think Guilliam won't adjust anything and the players will just play with the same emotion, I like it. Last year, I saw the biggest change in AC after Oak Ridge beat them the same way that Powell did this past weekend.

I'm sure that AC will recover just fine, and they will be extremely motivated this week. The challenge for AC is obvious - they have to find a way to be successful in the passing game against man-to-man coverage. I've watched AC three times this year, and when Williams can sit back in the pocket, he'll pick apart zone coverage (just look at the Central game). However, he looked rattled and a bit confused in the first half, not only when he was being chased, but also when Powell used man-to-man coverage.

Edited by osunut2

Halls needs to go out and have fun!

I'm not saying the coaches, or players, need to cash it in for the season.

All I'm saying is the best way to break the funk is to remember what's most important about the High school game of football...

WE'RE DEVELOPING YOUNG MEN INTO TEAM PLAYERS; PROVIDING THEM WITH SKILLS THEY CAN'T GET FROM THE CLASSROOM; AND ARE (AS COACHES AND PARENTS) LARGELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR MEMORIES ON THE GRIDIRON BEING POSSITIVE ONES.

Ac will will bounce back in a big way this friday, but Halls is not a very good team either! Ill tell ya one thing, if ac and halls flipped schedules, ac might have 3 losses with 2 wins. Powell showed everyone the factor of a weak 3 game schedule. They looked over matched all night, because they have not played anyone up to this point. Also like i said before the powell game, running the ball is a must, and getting physical with there recievers off the ball also messes with there timing and their screen game! AC will be 9-1, but im thinking the play-offs wont be as fun for them as last season. Good luck to both teams, but the clock will not stop starting in the 3rd quarter.