Daniel Boone vs. Sullivan North

Booneman

It would be great to see Boone play a solid four quarter game. In their scrimmages and games you can see the potential to have an explosive offense, but it has been in spurts. When they should have scored more against Seymour and Cherokee it seemed the offense did not play with the killer instinct to put them away. Against South there were 7 turnovers, self-explained. Against DB they were beat by a bigger and faster team. Playing against North I think they should move up and down the field, but why has Coach Jenkins gone away from their option plays since the second game where the backs line up on the ends? I believe #23 up the middle, #20 and #5 on the pitch outs is very effective and opens up the passing game. I believe #14 needs to be their return man on punts, good hands and speed.

I've wondered myself why he went away from the option offense he showed a little bit against Cherokee and Seymour? Everytime he ran it we scored and he didn't run it once against South or DB. 2 games in a row we score no offensive points after hal-time. Where are the adjustments?

I've wondered myself why he went away from the option offense he showed a little bit against Cherokee and Seymour? Everytime he ran it we scored and he didn't run it once against South or DB. 2 games in a row we score no offensive points after hal-time. Where are the adjustments?

I really like Coach Jenkins, but I am confused why he went away from the option. I felt like I have been watching a Johnny Majors coached games against South and DB. Run up the midde two plays and throw a pass, very readable offense. I have said it before, Boone has speed in the back field and they need to get them on the outside with pitches and screens. I would like to know Coach Jenkins answer to these concerns.

• Upvote 1

I know exactly what you're talking about... it's called Stubbs ball. :thumb:

I saw TH play in the Jamboree this year and I was really impressed with the TE #86 and can see why Tennessee wants him. I thought he looked good last year, but I thought he showed more quickness this year by getting behind the corners. If TH has the speed DB has it will be a great game to watch.

I really like Coach Jenkins, but I am confused why he went away from the option. I felt like I have been watching a Johnny Majors coached games against South and DB. Run up the midde two plays and throw a pass, very readable offense. I have said it before, Boone has speed in the back field and they need to get them on the outside with pitches and screens. I would like to know Coach Jenkins answer to these concerns.

The fact is I think he is running the wrong offense for his personnel. He wants to run that read option with the QB in the shotgun but he doesn't have a QB that is a threat to run it. Reppert doesn't have the ball skills to be an effective runner and Connell while Tebow like is a bruiser. If he wants to run it so bad why not put #7 in at QB, Reppert in at WR, and Connell in at TE. At least that way you have all of your athletes on the field. Maybe it's because their seniors and he just doesn't want to go that route.

The fact is I think he is running the wrong offense for his personnel. He wants to run that read option with the QB in the shotgun but he doesn't have a QB that is a threat to run it. Reppert doesn't have the ball skills to be an effective runner and Connell while Tebow like is a bruiser. If he wants to run it so bad why not put #7 in at QB, Reppert in at WR, and Connell in at TE. At least that way you have all of your athletes on the field. Maybe it's because their seniors and he just doesn't want to go that route.

Good ideas, I wish Coach had these things worked out and this offense clicking instead of mid season still trying to find their consistant groove. Could you imagine one man trying to bring Connell down with a dump pass over the middle from TE position instead of three or four climbing on him when runs as QB?

You have got some nerve County man. How many people did you take a shot at with that quote? Maybe I misunderstood… and if so I stand corrected. MOST of these kids will never play again after their senior year in high school… so why try to bring shame to a player/s that would rather PLAY every snap on a lesser team verses stand on the sidelines and share time with several others on a large team with more talent than you can shake a stick at. There are players that have to wait in line on the JV at DB (and THS for that mater) that would start right now and be VERY successful at North (or Boone for that matter). No disrespect… it’s just a numbers game. Your statement could be perceived as a hurtful jab… and SHOULD be poster board material in the NORTH locker room this week… and from now on. Personally I think you’re letting off a little steam because reality is just now setting in.

It isn't a jab at the kids, and looking at how you looked at it, I can understand why. I was speaking of only kids who decided that they would transfer to a county school ONLY because they thought they would be an allstar. I speak from experience Cap. It isn't steam it is something I have seen in person bud. I will admit I am speaking from the county side of the argument and yes, it is a bit one sided. I have seen too many kids go to a county school who then think they will be "the man" simply because they transfered in.

I am also defending the county kids. They work hard and they also have worked for their positions. If a kid was an allstar...he would be playing in the city as a starter. Simply because a kid TRANSFERS because of football because he thinks that a county school is inferior is stupid. You know that Cap. I think you are digging up words that really shouldn't be said. The kids in gray aren't some backwater players who just learned about football in the past couple of years, you know that from last season just like we have learned it from playing kids DEEP from the country.

Don't pick a fight on this bud, post it on the board, post this one on the board. I am only talking about kid who transfer in, say they are from the city, and look at the other kids as not being as good players. Reality check, it takes hard work to earn a position on any team Cap.

And if I didn't, which I believe I did, the first sentence I said was "Aside from moving, a player that moves schools from a city school to a county school is usually one with issues that can not play on any HS team."

I've never dealt with a kid who comes in, is an all-star, and couldn't cut it. The kids playing are not that different. The only difference between 5A and 6A is the number of students, not the quality. You know better than most that it takes hard work for a kid to be good at ANY high school level. You know dang well there are kids playing on the Boone team that would be playing at SH, DB, or TN High, as well as there are kids who are playing on those teams that would be playing on the Boone team. Just some player who comes in and thinks he is going to be great because it is a "county school" is one that has issues Cap. That is my issue, and if you took it the wrong way, so be it bud.

Edited by formerblazer

Good ideas, I wish Coach had these things worked out and this offense clicking instead of mid season still trying to find their consistant groove. Could you imagine one man trying to bring Connell down with a dump pass over the middle from TE position instead of three or four climbing on him when runs as QB?

More important is our defensive play. Two weeks in a row a QB absolutley killed us. That falls on your LB's and I'm afraid, while they have loads of talent, the fact that they are sophmores is showing up.

More important is our defensive play. Two weeks in a row a QB absolutley killed us. That falls on your LB's and I'm afraid, while they have loads of talent, the fact that they are sophmores is showing up.

I think #32 and #23 have great instincts to get to the ball and hit hard, and you are right the QB is their responsibilty. We may still be spoiled from how well #58 and #5 played last year. These sophmores will be some of the best LBs in the area the next couple of years.

I think #32 and #23 have great instincts to get to the ball and hit hard, and you are right the QB is their responsibilty. We may still be spoiled from how well #58 and #5 played last year. These sophmores will be some of the best LBs in the area the next couple of years.

Yeah, those two guys were the heart of the defense last year. All the young guys need are some experience and another year in the weight room and they will be pretty tough. The freshmen team looks really good this year too. I believe they are undefeated and put a pretty good beat down on South. I might head over to DB and see them play tomorrow night. We have some nice talent coming up.

It isn't a jab at the kids, and looking at how you looked at it, I can understand why. I was speaking of only kids who decided that they would transfer to a county school ONLY because they thought they would be an allstar. I speak from experience Cap. It isn't steam it is something I have seen in person bud. I will admit I am speaking from the county side of the argument and yes, it is a bit one sided. I have seen too many kids go to a county school who then think they will be "the man" simply because they transfered in.

I am also defending the county kids. They work hard and they also have worked for their positions. If a kid was an allstar...he would be playing in the city as a starter. Simply because a kid TRANSFERS because of football because he thinks that a county school is inferior is stupid. You know that Cap. I think you are digging up words that really shouldn't be said. The kids in gray aren't some backwater players who just learned about football in the past couple of years, you know that from last season just like we have learned it from playing kids DEEP from the country.

Don't pick a fight on this bud, post it on the board, post this one on the board. I am only talking about kid who transfer in, say they are from the city, and look at the other kids as not being as good players. Reality check, it takes hard work to earn a position on any team Cap.

And if I didn't, which I believe I did, the first sentence I said was "Aside from moving, a player that moves schools from a city school to a county school is usually one with issues that can not play on any HS team."

I've never dealt with a kid who comes in, is an all-star, and couldn't cut it. The kids playing are not that different. The only difference between 5A and 6A is the number of students, not the quality. You know better than most that it takes hard work for a kid to be good at ANY high school level. You know dang well there are kids playing on the Boone team that would be playing at SH, DB, or TN High, as well as there are kids who are playing on those teams that would be playing on the Boone team. Just some player who comes in and thinks he is going to be great because it is a "county school" is one that has issues Cap. That is my issue, and if you took it the wrong way, so be it bud.

Not every player, good or bad fits in with every team, program or coach. Every year at north we get several players from other schools ( not just DB ) that like the thought of more playing time or a chance at a more favored position. These kids enter the program on even footing with the other kids. All the boys know you practice hard and play hard you play.The Radiers are not a selfish team and being called a starter is not a big deal because you know you will play. We got 5 DB transfers this year 1 senior 1 junior 3 sophomores. The upper classmen are both fine hard working young men,and have became good solid additions to the team.In my opinion either could play about any where. I am thrilled about the 3 quality 10th graders as well, these boys and their families came to become part of the program for the next 3 years. That is a gold star for our 9th & 10th grade classes. Every year we are getting a little bigger and a little stronger.

Good Luck Friday Night Raiders and Both teams play safe

Good Luck