unaka boys ???

creekercalhoun

Posted by dcvol:

Didn't know that they could be playing or scrimmaging at this point in the year. I believe it is against regulations until the week of Nov. 1. Please explain!

it's a fall league!!! none of the school coaches are involved and it is perfectly legal. many schools (at least in this area) do this. it is my understanding that the rules are changed somewhat, too. for example, i think they play two twenty minute halves. do you actually think that unaka's coach and tennessee high's coach would jeopardize their entire programs by doing something that was blatantly illegal only to have it posted online? of course not!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not real sure but I think that the player you are wondering about is maybe Thomas Guess. I didnt see the game but I heard that him and Rusty were the top scorers for the night. Unaka may be young but they are gonna be a team to watch. They play hard and they have a great coach in Donald Ensor. :D:D;)

I was there at the game. I think creekercalhoun jumped the gun when he mentioned "the common similarity". It's obvious that the other team had played more than one game at Carver. We had referees of both races and not saying which one it was but one of them really stunk it up. Actually, they didn't let the other team foul us, the let them mug us. You know it's home cooking when they would foul us, look at the ref and smile, knowing he wasn't going to blow the whistle and keep on going. They let the game get a little out of hand toward the end, after the game, their coach even mentioned it to one of our parents that it was a little rough. Good refs do make a difference in the game. Science Hill has a good ballteam but so does Unaka.

regardless of any "controversies" that are being discussed here. i know one thing for certain: playing that kind of competition in an "unfriendly" environment will only make us better. we are young and these types of experiences are not something that you want to shelter your boys from, even though you may be angry at times. the more exposure they can get to adverse situations and tough pressure, then the more quickly they will season and begin to gel. they will definitely reap the benefits, even from bad officiating (at least in this stage of the game) because as all of you have to know, we sure don't get an overabundance of top officials at the ronnie snavely complex.....

I agree with Hablo. The Rangers showed us what they were really made of last night. They took everything that Science Hill dished out and handled it with dignity and composure. I'm curious to see how the other "Hill" teams play. I do have a question, I understand that there weren't to be any coaches on the bench but I've noticed that a couple of the teams have an adult sitting on the bench with them. Can anyone tell me why some teams have them and some don't?

Potential is there to be a good basketball team. Last night played right into Science Hill's hands. They were scoring at will inside the first 5 minutes of the game but started taking outside shots that couldn't find the mark. Their play was very selfish and undisciplined. But with Coach Ensor on the bench, this sort of play will not happen nor would it be tolerated. My advice to the players is to quit reading on Coach T how good you are and work your tails off from now until the fourth week of November. Good players and teams are made on the floor not by word of mouth on the net. Was the officiating bad, yes the worst that I have seen in quite some time but the play was not something to write home about. Still, I am looking for some great things from the Creekers.