unaka boys ???

creekercalhoun

Rusty is a good player, but is he the best in east TN? If you are talking strictly about div. 1-A, then okay maybe. But for all classes, Vince Redd is the most dominate player yet this year. He is ranked 11th in the State of all classes. A surprise that no one mentions is Seth Jervis. He will surprise a lot of people. Jerome Odom is one of the top point guards around. I could go on and on, but what's the use. Someone from Unaka will agrue about my insight. The Unaka team is good, maybe great, but I don't see them beating Hancock County. Not because Rocky Nichols played for me. You don't see me saying DB will beat Science Hill just because I'm a DB fan and some of their players played for me. This is just my honest opinion.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Unaka play again tonite at Carver Rec against Volunteer. They were missing R. Chambers, which would have made a difference. They played very hard but fell by 6 points. They are one of the scrappiest teams around. Their hustle reminds me of Science Hill. Keep up the good work guys.

Posted by RealGoEagles:

Oh great. All this Unaka stuff again. When a team from your substate makes it past the first round of the state tournament let me know. :o

Hancock and Cosby have been past the round and Cosby made the finals 3 times.

How many titles have the mighty men from Ezell won? I think we refer to them as the champions of underachievement. Who has been to the State Tourney with more talent and come home empty handed? Maybe Goodpasture with Mercer and Maddox and Sam Howard? Again, go back to sleep!!!!!!!Ezell was not the only team that played a bad game in the Unaka game. Unaka did not bring their A game either. First time in the state tourney in over ten years and they played tight.