6. Melrose .....................(2-2)....... Class 5A, District 16

7. Mitchell ......................(4-1)....... Class 5A, District 16

8. West Memphis (AR) ...(2-1)....... Class 6A, AHSAA

9. Wooddale .................(3-1)....... Class 6A, District 15

10. Olive Branch ........... (2-2) ...... Class 6A, MHSAA

11. MUS .........................(3-2)....... Class D2-AA, West

12. St. George's ............(5-0)....... Class D2-A, West

Dropped out: Brighton (12)

Well ... what do you think of John's assesment?

Edited by kwc

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dandy Dozen

1. Ridgeway ...................(4-0)....... Class 5A, District 15

2. Whitehaven ...............(4-1)....... Class 6A, District 16

3. CBHS .........................(4-1)....... Class D2-AA, West

4. Briarcrest ..................(5-0)....... Class D2-AA, West

5. Southaven ................(4-0)....... Class 6A, MHSAA

6. Melrose .....................(2-2)....... Class 6A, District 16

I think I'd have MUS and Olive Branch up around the 4-5 slots. I still don't get having the out of town schools in this poll. I know...I just said OB should be higher...but at least they do play someone from our area that gives a shot at ranking them.

The Dandy Dozen

1. Ridgeway ...................(4-0)....... Class 5A, District 15

2. Whitehaven ...............(4-1)....... Class 6A, District 16

3. CBHS .........................(4-1)....... Class D2-AA, West

4. Briarcrest ..................(5-0)....... Class D2-AA, West

5. Southaven ................(4-0)....... Class 6A, MHSAA

6. Melrose .....................(2-2)....... Class 6A, District 16

Isn't Melrose 5A?

The out of state schools are in there only because they are in the publication area of the commercial appeal. Mr. Varlas will tell you that. They have rankings of their own in their own states also. I dont particularly like it either as it takes away from the Shelby Metro teams who often play each other.

Edited by trojanswars365

I think Mus is still a top 3 team on that poll... OB also.. I dont see CBHS beating them this yr either.

I think Brighton should be in. This poll is broke as I think this week will tell. Craigmont and Millington should be in as well. The proof is in the pudding.

"LET'S GO MILLINGTON"

I don't think Brighton deserves to be in. You don't get beat 51-21 at your place and still deserve to stay in.

I think that if Millington wins this week they will be in. But I don't think they deserve to be in now. The three teams that they have beaten aren't very good.

That could be the understatement of the decade. Munford and raliegh Egypt are two of the worst teams in the Shelby metro area and Bartlett isn't far from the bottom five either. So, the jury is still out on our trojans! A win over cbhs would tell us a lot more....

Go Trojans!

That could be the understatement of the decade. Munford and raliegh Egypt are two of the worst teams in the Shelby metro area and Bartlett isn't far from the bottom five either. So, the jury is still out on our trojans! A win over cbhs would tell us a lot more....

Go Trojans!

From the outside looking in, I don't think Millington has much to worry about. If they continue to work at bettering themselves, I'd be surprised to see CBHS win, and I'd also be surprised if Millington doesn't get back into the semi game at state. (or further)

While Whitehaven is loaded, it seems they are every year. Yet they find a way to self destruct. Arlington seems to be the only other potentially serious competition in local 6A. (I worry about their defense, seems to porous)

I think Mus is still a top 3 team on that poll... OB also.. I dont see CBHS beating them this yr either.

MUS will have their chance to prove themselves next month against CBHS and Briarcrest. In the meantime, they must take care of business against East and White Station. They haven't looked that good to me so far. Forget S Panola - they're in another universe. They caught Millington at a good time - the start of the season. I think they would give them fits now. They were outgained significantly by Overton but made the big plays when they were needed. They gave away the OB game with 2 uncharacteristic crucial turnovers and that unforgivable 39 yd TD pass allowed on the last play of the 1st half, but showed great poise and character in the comeback. They have a chance to be pretty good by the playoffs.