District 10A Basketball

PLAY10A

Played with Roper a few times over the last couple of months... Good size and athleticism... IF he can work on some basic fundamentals to get to the basket he could be pretty tough... Needs to play a little more physical as well...

Heard Roper broke his hand in Tuesday's game. Wonder how long he will be out? Bet that will do some serious damage to HC's offense.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard Roper broke his hand in Tuesday's game. Wonder how long he will be out? Bet that will do some serious damage to HC's offense.

Yes. Roper cracked a bone in his hand. Don't know how bad or how it will affect the team. I had high hopes for the team this year, but looks like its gonna be a pass pass pass season. Coach... you have a talented squad. Let them PLAY. Take the outside shots, drive the ball in. Come on....you are gonna put this team in the bottom of the district if you dont. and thats a shame.

It is good that Nashville Christian is being over looked as they should have a solid team this year. They only lost one senior from last year and Coach Anderson should add to his impressive career win total that is now around 1030 or something ridiculous. The Eagles will be a sleeper team that may surprise the district this year. It is unfortunate that everyone in the district has to play the very strong Clarksville Academy team, who is looking for another state title.

Don't overlook WH-Heritage with Coach Petrone. He will get the best from his guys.

I like everyone's optimism about their teams which you should have if you are a fan or have a son on a team, but nobody will hang with clarksville academy this year. There was talk of every team hanging with them last year and look what happened... 36-2 losing to ensworth and whh without having malcom, and finishing it off with a state championship. They have too much fire power and too much defense. Travis Russell is the best point gaurd in the district and they have the two best players in general in the entire district. Good luck to everyone, I just dont see it happening.

Edited by MidTNbasketball

I agree with the statement made by MidTNBasketball. CA will win the district. However I feel that just like every year there will be some close games but in the end CA is the best of 10A. There should be a good battle for second because everyone else in the district has a chance. I think parody will be the name of the game but what's important is how 10A does as a whole against other districts. There probably should have been 2 teams from this district in state last year and being a 10A alum I can't hope for anything but a great season and great representation of our district come late February and in March. Good Luck to all.

I agree with the statement made by MidTNBasketball. CA will win the district. However I feel that just like every year there will be some close games but in the end CA is the best of 10A. There should be a good battle for second because everyone else in the district has a chance. I think parody will be the name of the game but what's important is how 10A does as a whole against other districts. There probably should have been 2 teams from this district in state last year and being a 10A alum I can't hope for anything but a great season and great representation of our district come late February and in March. Good Luck to all.

Well Said!! :thumb:

Yes. Roper cracked a bone in his hand. Don't know how bad or how it will affect the team. I had high hopes for the team this year, but looks like its gonna be a pass pass pass season. Coach... you have a talented squad. Let them PLAY. Take the outside shots, drive the ball in. Come on....you are gonna put this team in the bottom of the district if you dont. and thats a shame.

well i guess it didnt bother him too bad he had 23 according to the box scores in the chronicle against montgomery central, and 15 points and 18 rebounds against cheatham county last night..featherstone is looking very well with his driving and scoring and drawing the fouls and monroes passing looks outstanding..and there point guard is quick as lighting!! Kelchner i believe anybody no what grade he is in?

well i guess it didnt bother him too bad he had 23 according to the box scores in the chronicle against montgomery central, and 15 points and 18 rebounds against cheatham county last night..featherstone is looking very well with his driving and scoring and drawing the fouls and monroes passing looks outstanding..and there point guard is quick as lighting!! Kelchner i believe anybody no what grade he is in?

Who won the HC vs Cheatham County game and what was the score?

CA is a very very good team, but to say they can't be beat is wrong. Any team can be beat on a given day. I also think that McEwen will give them a very hard time.McEwen is playing very well ball & many of their players have stepped up. Travis Russell is a good point, but I believe McEwen has a better one. So far he has been leading his team to victory. I think McEwen & CA will battle over District Champs this year. That's my opinion.

CA is a very very good team, but to say they can't be beat is wrong. Any team can be beat on a given day. I also think that McEwen will give them a very hard time.McEwen is playing very well ball & many of their players have stepped up. Travis Russell is a good point, but I believe McEwen has a better one. So far he has been leading his team to victory. I think McEwen & CA will battle over District Champs this year. That's my opinion.

The main things McEwen needs to focus on are...

- Improving the depth of the team

- Staying healthy

- Improving overall as a team

- Staying out of the Clarksville Academy side of the tournament come region

If they can manage to do these things they should be able to compete for the real prize... a gold ball...

The main things McEwen needs to focus on are...

- Improving the depth of the team

- Staying healthy

- Improving overall as a team

- Staying out of the Clarksville Academy side of the tournament come region

If they can manage to do these things they should be able to compete for the real prize... a gold ball...

dont count out any of the other teams like nashville christian or houston county i wanna see how roper plays against smith tuesday at hc