Gallatin hosts Station Camp

Verb58

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a cross town rivalry this thread is really quiet! Should be a good game with a big crowd.

GO GREEN WAVE!!

This thread may be quiet but apparently it wasn't quiet at SCHS football field last night. I have heard that up at the press box some windows were broken and some paint was added to change up the word BISON with some more things. Hope it wasn't some GHS players. Investigation is underway.

This thread may be quiet but apparently it wasn't quiet at SCHS football field last night. I have heard that up at the press box some windows were broken and some paint was added to change up the word BISON with some more things. Hope it wasn't some GHS players. Investigation is underway.

21-6 Weak Current over Bison. The current had 40 rushes for 90 plus yards. Not so mighty Green Wave anymore. H'ville and Beech licking their chops.And there is hope for Portland to win a district game it looks like.

21-6 Weak Current over Bison. The current had 40 rushes for 90 plus yards. Not so mighty Green Wave anymore. H'ville and Beech licking their chops.And there is hope for Portland to win a district game it looks like.

Agreed. Gallatin doesn't look good at all. I have never seen a team go downhill without major injuries like this team. They have trouble blocking and tackling. Even the bright spots are hard to see right now. How this team beat Mount Juliet and can play this badly is a huge question. I don't understand.

Agreed. Gallatin doesn't look good at all. I have never seen a team go downhill without major injuries like this team. They have trouble blocking and tackling. Even the bright spots are hard to see right now. How this team beat Mount Juliet and can play this badly is a huge question. I don't understand.

GHS best game they played all year & MJ's worst. GHS is pretty young and sometimes instead of improving each game they do just the opposite. MJ is pretty young and they are improving each week. GWAVE, Coach Perry got your message. Vaughn got 3 long TD catches last night before getting tossed by the official. Sure would like the MJ/GHS game played over right now. Watch out for HHS. I think we ticked them off with the beat down we put on them.

Edited by MJpride

GHS best game they played all year & MJ's worst. GHS is pretty young and sometimes instead of improving each game they do just the opposite. MJ is pretty young and they are improving each week. GWAVE, Coach Perry got your message. Vaughn got 3 long TD catches last night before getting tossed by the official. Sure would like the MJ/GHS game played over right now. Watch out for HHS. I think we ticked them off with the beat down we put on them.

Vaughn is a really good asset to have. He should be getting more touches. Getting tossed is not good though, that means he will have to sit out this week.

As for Gallatin, I dunno what the problem is. Could be a combination of several things. Lots of outside pressure on the coaching staff, unhappy fans, kids not practicing well, just being young like you said, and some general apathy. The crowd is down and even though I know the staff is working hard, results are hard to find this year. Everybody knows Hendersonville and Beech loom on the horizon but Gallatin has got to do some of the right things or Portland and Lebanon will slip up on the Wave. The Mount Juliet game is so far from where this team is right now, it seems like last year. Gallatin has just got to get better doing the fundamentals.

I don't think Gallatin is playing really well however, I don't think that this team is as talented as many people have said. Someone last week posted that this Gallatin team had WAY more talent than Brentwood. I disagree and I know that's easy to say now after a 42-0 beat down. I don't think that the talent level is very big between Gallatin and Station Camp. Station Camp has two backs as talented as Gallatin's two backs. Maybe better. The line play was about the same. The only major difference I saw was the kicking game. Gallatin's much better and that wasn't the difference in the game (I've never seen an extra point fall short before).

I think that as far as the community pressure on the coaches, that goes on a lot of places. However, it only hurts the kids. People in the community tell kids how great they are, and everything that goes wrong is someone else's fault. Who really gets hurt in this...THE KIDS.

Disappointed in the personal foul penalties on both teams. Opinion: I thought SC instigated most of the late hits early, but Gallatin did there share of retaliation and even got to be just as bad toward the end.

Prediction: Station Camp goes 3-7 and Gallatin goes 6-4. I think SC has found out the difference between playing 3A and 5A. If they were 3A they would probably be 5-0 or 4-1. I would expect them to soften their non-conference schedule next year. Probably Westmoreland, Greenbrier, etc. for non-district instead of Murfreesboro schools.

I don't think Gallatin is playing really well however, I don't think that this team is as talented as many people have said. Someone last week posted that this Gallatin team had WAY more talent than Brentwood. I disagree and I know that's easy to say now after a 42-0 beat down. I don't think that the talent level is very big between Gallatin and Station Camp. Station Camp has two backs as talented as Gallatin's two backs. Maybe better. The line play was about the same. The only major difference I saw was the kicking game. Gallatin's much better and that wasn't the difference in the game (I've never seen an extra point fall short before).

I think that as far as the community pressure on the coaches, that goes on a lot of places. However, it only hurts the kids. People in the community tell kids how great they are, and everything that goes wrong is someone else's fault. Who really gets hurt in this...THE KIDS.

Disappointed in the personal foul penalties on both teams. Opinion: I thought SC instigated most of the late hits early, but Gallatin did there share of retaliation and even got to be just as bad toward the end.

Prediction: Station Camp goes 3-7 and Gallatin goes 6-4. I think SC has found out the difference between playing 3A and 5A. If they were 3A they would probably be 5-0 or 4-1. I would expect them to soften their non-conference schedule next year. Probably Westmoreland, Greenbrier, etc. for non-district instead of Murfreesboro schools.

I think there is talent at Gallatin but for some reason it isn't manifesting itself into the plays themselves. Interesting that those runningbacks, Fitts and Johnson should both be in Green And Gold. They chose to go there due to playing time issues. Anyway they can have that wing-t offense.

I don't think you are aware of the complete coaching situation and the pressure for winning and change. The coaches on the morning talk show were commenting about it so you know they are feeling the heat.