What a joke

crazy_cowboy89

In looking at last nights scores statewide I noticed that Brighton a District 13 6A team played MAHS a District 16 1A team.

The score was 56-6 with Brighton winning. Gosh I'll have to say that it is quite a task to go down 5 classifications and take on a school with 3 athletic teams in the whole school. With the current TSSAA playoff system this is what happens when you need wins. This game should have never been played and the TSSAA should fix their system as teams will continue to play many classifications down and get easy wins like Brighton did.

In looking at last nights scores statewide I noticed that Brighton a District 13 6A team played MAHS a District 16 1A team.

The score was 56-6 with Brighton winning. Gosh I'll have to say that it is quite a task to go down 5 classifications and take on a school with 3 athletic teams in the whole school. With the current TSSAA playoff system this is what happens when you need wins. This game should have never been played and the TSSAA should fix their system as teams will continue to play many classifications down and get easy wins like Brighton did.

Agreed. I expect many many power programs, espcecially in 7-AAA, to soften their schedule for next year. It not long pays to play tough competition

Thats a good point, but it takes two to tango and MAHS had to agree to play the game, so part of the blame goes to MAHS. In college, Austin Peay shouldn't have gone to Wisconsin either and etc.

Agreed. I expect many many power programs, espcecially in 7-AAA, to soften their schedule for next year. It not long pays to play tough competition

The problem the top teams will face now is those "lesser opponents" will not be looking to schedule tougher competition. Leaving the top teams having to beat up on one another.

• Upvote 1

The problem the top teams will face now is those "lesser opponents" will not be looking to schedule tougher competition. Leaving the top teams having to beat up on one another.

Or having to go out of state or an extended road game...........

It would not stun me to see the start of some "money games"- giving lesser teams a certain amount of the cut so they can play at a top level program and take a beating for one game. This laugher of a playoff system is going to force that to happen if things dont change

Edited by OaklandPatriots

Or having to go out of state or an extended road game...........

It would not stun me to see the start of some "money games"- giving lesser teams a certain amount of the cut so they can play at a top level program and take a beating for one game. This laugher of a playoff system is going to force that to happen if things dont change

Why should Tn schools have extended road games or travel out of state. I thought one of the reasons for this wonderful new TSSAA systen was to reduce travel. I don't understand? My guess is those in charge of this mess must be very very very smart!

Why should Tn schools have extended road games or travel out of state. I thought one of the reasons for this wonderful new TSSAA systen was to reduce travel. I don't understand? My guess is those in charge of this mess must be very very very smart!

Because who wants to play Oakland or Riverdale, or Blackman, or Smyrna, when all it does is penalize them for doing it. Maybe the TSSAA gets lucky this off-season and finally gets it right, but I do not have much hope for that.

Edited by OaklandPatriots

Because who wants to play Oakland or Riverdale, or Blackman, or Smyrna, when all it does is penalize them for doing it. Maybe the TSSAA gets lucky this off-season and finally gets it right, but I do not have much hope for that.

If you cant beat the good teams on your schedule, you dont need to be going to the playoffs anyway.