BA vs. ENSWORTH

BAEagleFootball

Congrats to Ensworth on a big win. BA just made too many mistakes to win a game against a team that good. Four interceptions (the last one from the 13 as time expired) will get you beat every time. Ensworth is big and looked to be the fastest team BA has seen all year. It was a defensive struggle in the second half and Ensworth made the most of their opportunities. They played a good game.

I hope we get another shot at them in the post season . . . (or maybe I should be careful whatI wish for!)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Ensworth calls next summer for their annual $1,000 donation for their football media guide I am going to refuse. Instead I am going to donate $500.00 to the middle school - since that is the only "real" Ensworth people know anymore. The high school might as well be called some other name. The other $500.00 will go to Shane Company Jewelers in a special fund set up for football and basketball players. After all, if Coach Bowers is going to let a few players war earrings then there should be more opportunity for the whole team.

Congrats, Coach Bowers, your lack of discipline just cost you a grand.

great game....one of the best I've seen in a while. This one was played at a really high level on both sides.

BA's campus is terrific. When was the new building on the opposite side of the stands built? It looks terrifc with the lighting. Great crowd as well...of course, the whole night made me laugh about some of the comical "debates" we've had on the public-private board with guys like Rick regarding the status of D2 and the absurd Tuesday and Wednesday night championship games, like of TV coverage, etc. The stands were packed with 2 of the biggest brands in the biggest market in TN (I'll leave the "affluence" factor out). The game was covered on both TV and radio. I've watched all those Thursday night games and that's by far the biggest crowd that's been on hand for any of them. It was truly standing room only. That is an advertising/marketing goldmine, but I'm sure we'll hear great "theories" from Rick about how the advertisers checked the attendance of D2 the BCB in Cookeville and decided not to televise our championships... :roflol:

Potter puts a lot of pressure on the QB position. I think #10 for BA is really a good one. He has a lot of responsibility every play with option reads, passing, etc., especially with the hurry-up offense they use. Maybe too much; hence the mistakes early. BA seemed to have the game in hand after the early misues and seemed to be wearing EHS down. I thought BA would run away with it in the second half but credit the EHS defense for hanging tough and bottling up the speedy BA backs. They are so fast and physical on defense. Still I thought Potter's gameplan was a good one as they were putting a lot pressure on the EHS defense with so many snaps. EHS looked gassed at the end of the 1st half.

Bowers is so much like Flatt. They play hard, disciplined football and sort of bide their time until an opponent makes the mistake. Ricky keeps it simple on offense. And Potter/BA flinched late in the game with the last int.

The long hair and earrings and all that...I guess that's what Tommy Frist and Ricky want over there. It is what it is, I suppose. Glad to hear the BA folks I sat with noticed it also, and generally share the same opinions about EHS that I have.

When Ensworth calls next summer for their annual $1,000 donation for their football media guide I am going to refuse. Instead I am going to donate $500.00 to the middle school - since that is the only "real" Ensworth people know anymore. The high school might as well be called some other name. The other $500.00 will go to Shane Company Jewelers in a special fund set up for football and basketball players. After all, if Coach Bowers is going to let a few players war earrings then there should be more opportunity for the whole team.

Congrats, Coach Bowers, your lack of discipline just cost you a grand.

Ensworth or Ricky Bowers isn't worried about your grand. They have plenty to spare. His "lack of discipline" has knocked off 2 #1 ranked teams in the state, 2 weeks in a row. Seriously, do earrings constitute a "lack of discipline"? Are you that small-minded? No one cares about your "I have 1,000 to spare post" .....

Take you grand and go up the road to Nashville Christian....they will appreciate it there.

Ensworth or Ricky Bowers isn't worried about your grand. They have plenty to spare. His "lack of discipline" has knocked off 2 #1 ranked teams in the state, 2 weeks in a row. Seriously, do earrings constitute a "lack of discipline"? Are you that small-minded? No one cares about your "I have 1,000 to spare post" .....

Take you grand and go up the road to Nashville Christian....they will appreciate it there.

.. and here come the Ensworth kids with their predictions of winning a state championship this year. It never gets old.

.. and here come the Ensworth kids with their predictions of winning a state championship this year. It never gets old.

EHS certainly deserved to win this game, but I'm not sure they'll get 4 turnovers if these two teams meet again. The same could be said about MBA's game against EHS and several EHS fumbles. Bottom line is that having to play teams like BA, EHS, MBA, twice in the same season is what make DII Middle/East such a brutal division. I've heard Coach Bowers say it before....enjoy this one for a day and get ready to play another tough one on Friday.

EHS certainly deserved to win this game, but I'm not sure they'll get 4 turnovers if these two teams meet again. The same could be said about MBA's game against EHS and several EHS fumbles. Bottom line is that having to play teams like BA, EHS, MBA, twice in the same season is what make DII Middle/East such a brutal division. I've heard Coach Bowers say it before....enjoy this one for a day and get ready to play another tough one on Friday.

Very good points. MBA's division games this year have all come down to who had fewer turnovers, and what little I saw of last night's game was no different.

I will say this...the turnovers were not really fluky. Or even hard hits that jar the ball loose. Really, they were a product of the EHS defense taking BA out of its comfort zone and forcing them to do things they probably didn't want to do. The BA ground game really couldn't get unleashed with the exception of the two drives to end the half.

This will be the key for MBA against BA...if BA starts hitting the edge and picking up big chunks on the ground, they can pick their spots to pass. If we can slow down the running game, there will be interception opportunities. Of course the same goes for us on offense.

I will say this...the turnovers were not really fluky. Or even hard hits that jar the ball loose. Really, they were a product of the EHS defense taking BA out of its comfort zone and forcing them to do things they probably didn't want to do. The BA ground game really couldn't get unleashed with the exception of the two drives to end the half.

This will be the key for MBA against BA...if BA starts hitting the edge and picking up big chunks on the ground, they can pick their spots to pass. If we can slow down the running game, there will be interception opportunities. Of course the same goes for us on offense.

Big - you hit the nail on the head about EHS taking BA out of their comfort zone.

They loaded the box, doubled teamed BA's top receiver, #3 and forced BA QB to throw to 2nd and 3rd receivers. The EHS secondary was fast and covered well.

Still a long season for both teams. EHS and BA has Baylor and the BA/MBA game is looming.

This regular/playoff season for E/M teams will be a carbon copy of last year. You might beat a team in the regular season game but not the playoff game.

A couple of injuries to both sides last night might be a factor in future games.

Edited by shakinthefat

Big - you hit the nail on the head about EHS taking BA out of their comfort zone.

They loaded the box, doubled teamed BA's top receiver, #3 and forced BA QB to throw to 2nd and 3rd receivers. The EHS secondary was fast and covered well.

Still a long season for both teams. EHS and BA has Baylor and the BA/MBA game is looming.

This regular/playoff season for E/M teams will be a carbon copy of last year. You might beat a team in the regular season game but not the playoff game.

A couple of injuries to both sides last night might be a factor in future games.

Is Richardson okay?