Oakland v. LaVergne

MidTennFootball

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this 7-AAA matchup?

if blackman did what they did to lavergne...and oakland is the # 1 team in the state at 6A...and they are...and blackman is not even in the top 10...then this game will be ugly...oakland will score at will until they decide to pull the dogs off and will completely shut down the lavergne offense...no put down to lavergne at all...they are just over matched against other teams in our district...especially on the offensive, defensive lines and at running back and linebackers...the techniques they use on their defensive lines are also very very suspect...all night long...when they played blackman, their defensive linemen and outside linebackers would on the snap of the ball just dive head first into the shins/ankles of blackman's offensive line and tightends...our guys would just lay on them and the I-train was gone...never seen this so much by a defense before...it was just not one player but many players doing this...i HOPE this is not what the coach's at lavergne are teaching...i can't imagine in my wildest dreams that it is because i have heard so many good things about their new staff!

Lavergne had really good coaches, and all their major sports teams were either state-ranked or very competitive. Too bad they all quit when the new principal was hired.

Very incorrect. LHS was 3-7 last year and 1-9 the year before under Hester with zero wins in 2 years in the district. In the 1-9 year, the only win was vs. Hillwood who didn't win a game that year.

La Vergne might wanna have the white flag ready....whats the mercy rule? like 51 points down and the game is called? look for this one to end early :thumb:

Mercy rule is 35 point lead and it goes to a running clock. I dont think this game will get to that point. LaVergne maybe weak in some areas, but theyre very explosive in others, this game is not a gimme for Oakland.

How did that Ensworth game turn out for your purple & yellow?

Didn't Ens. have a losing record going into that game?

oh look at this going back to that game.....We played a shotty game against a good team...Yes they did have a losing record...at begining of season they were missing several starters due to injury....they have their full team now..which is huge....lets see how well your team would hold up against them..