Oakland v. LaVergne

MidTennFootball

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this 7-AAA matchup?

Probably a combination of LaVergne scoring 28 last year AT Oakland at OHS homecoming when OHS still had McAdoo and Keeling and those guys along with the recent LHS 2nd half shutout of Franklin County. Plus the midstate is overdue for a major upset. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't - LHS still has Siegel and Indy on the tail end of the schedule for a chance at more W's.

Want to talk about Antioch? Let's talk about the demographics at Oakland as well then. Familiar with an area zoned to Oakland called "Kittrell"??? From what I hear, it resembles the Springer show. My guess is the kids at Oakland from Kittrell probably aren't in the I B program to say the least...but ought to keep the credit recovery and i.s.s. departments plenty busy.

A couple of years ago, according to AYP, Oakland High School was labeled “high-priority†for two consecutive years due to a low graduation rate.

LINK: http://www.murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=7402

Shall I keep going?

(by the way, Mitchell's winning TD vs. Brentwood was an outstanding effort...and despite it's academic woes, I will still pull for OHS when they play the purple and yellow of smyrna)

I am glad you brought that up. Oakland was down for a while after the opening of Siegel, and not just the athletic dept. but just the school in general. Where Oakland is at now speaks to what happens when you have administration focused on a specific goa, which was to make Oakland the best school it could be, the right way, but not neccesarily the fastest way. What isnt mentioned is that Oakland improved its graduation rate for 4 consecutive years before coming off the high priority list. Gives hope to LaVergne that despite being forgotten by the rest of the county, a turnaround is certainly possible in all phases

I am glad you brought that up. Oakland was down for a while after the opening of Siegel, and not just the athletic dept. but just the school in general. Where Oakland is at now speaks to what happens when you have administration focused on a specific goa, which was to make Oakland the best school it could be, the right way, but not neccesarily the fastest way. What isnt mentioned is that Oakland improved its graduation rate for 4 consecutive years before coming off the high priority list. Gives hope to LaVergne that despite being forgotten by the rest of the county, a turnaround is certainly possible in all phases

nice post OP!

While I am on this topic, Oakland Football in part led the effort to get this school back on its feet. Anyone who was at Oakland High School in the 2008 season after the Ooltewah and Franklin games could absolutely feel how special of a moment it was for not only as a program, but as a school in general. Sports is just one facet in life, but sometimes sports can transcend everyday life and this was a great example. Its a feeling I wish every fan from every school could experience.

Some of the stuff on this thread that is nothing to do with HS football and links to articles with folks names and criminal situations is inappropriate and embarrassing. You folks posting that stuff should look in the mirror and honestly evaluate what you see looking back at you. As for Friday nights game, LaVergne will have thier hands full and need to play near perfect to put themselves in a situation to win Friday night. However LaVergne is improving every week and this young team is showing signs of becoming a team to watch late in the year. Should be great weather and a nice crowd and if LaVergne can play 4 good quarters, we should see a heck of a HS football game. Because contrary to what Mr. Patton and the Blaze folks thinks, LaVergne can be explosive and can do some things offensively that could give Oakland trouble but can LaVergne find a way to stop Oakland? Should be fun.

Some of the stuff on this thread that is nothing to do with HS football and links to articles with folks names and criminal situations is inappropriate and embarrassing. You folks posting that stuff should look in the mirror and honestly evaluate what you see looking back at you. As for Friday nights game, LaVergne will have thier hands full and need to play near perfect to put themselves in a situation to win Friday night. However LaVergne is improving every week and this young team is showing signs of becoming a team to watch late in the year. Should be great weather and a nice crowd and if LaVergne can play 4 good quarters, we should see a heck of a HS football game. Because contrary to what Mr. Patton and the Blaze folks thinks, LaVergne can be explosive and can do some things offensively that could give Oakland trouble but can LaVergne find a way to stop Oakland? Should be fun.

it's not personal...just my opinion...

you did have 1 play that was explosive...it was 3rd and 17 and you hit a long pass that put you in a position to score right before the half...

i'm sure you CAN BE explosive...but out of 50 to 60 plays...you were not when you played us...when the score is 47-14...there is just not alot of good you can say...trust me...i know exactly how it feels when we went 0-10 a few years ago...we were terrible...not much to say but it aint working...i've see you play one game so maybe i should have said...against us...!

i actually hope yall beat oakland...Lavergne over oakland everyday! i am not a Lavergne hater like some on here...just so you'll know!

good luck and best wishes in the future with the program...i have heard good things about the staff!

Never took it as personal.......and never will......just felt went you responded to OP and claimed LaVergne was not explosive in any phase, that was a bit of a stretch. Thank you for the well wishes and Good luck to your Blaze and continued success to your boy. Who is a heck of a LB by the way.

it's not personal...just my opinion...

you did have 1 play that was explosive...it was 3rd and 17 and you hit a long pass that put you in a position to score right before the half...

i'm sure you CAN BE explosive...but out of 50 to 60 plays...you were not when you played us...when the score is 47-14...there is just not alot of good you can say...trust me...i know exactly how it feels when we went 0-10 a few years ago...we were terrible...not much to say but it aint working...i've see you play one game so maybe i should have said...against us...!

i actually hope yall beat oakland...Lavergne over oakland everyday! i am not a Lavergne hater like some on here...just so you'll know!

good luck and best wishes in the future with the program...i have heard good things about the staff!

Just wanted to say to the LaVergne Freshman team....Class Act!! Last night, after such a tough game, to come to the Oakland sideline to acknowledge the injured Patriot. That act did not go unnoticed by the Patriot fans!!!

People may say what they want about LaVergne but that gesture tells me that someone in that program is doing something right!!

Never took it as personal.......and never will......just felt went you responded to OP and claimed LaVergne was not explosive in any phase, that was a bit of a stretch. Thank you for the well wishes and Good luck to your Blaze and continued success to your boy. Who is a heck of a LB by the way.

sorry for the mis-communication...

and i'm also not a oakland hater...but if they lose to lavergne...that only helps blackman... :mrgreen:

future hope for lavergne for sure in years ahead...

imagine if they began to show up big like the other 5 teams...then this region would be better than it is now...that is my hope for yall!

thanks for the kudo's about the boy... :flower:

2008 is four years more recent than the alleged incident you griped about. YOU are now officially exposed as the idiot!!

By the way - when is Smyrna going to arrest and prosecute their students who vandalized and caused $20,000 of damage to their athletic property? Probably never. They wouldn't want the world to see they they have students with green hair and facial piercings all over their face - that would ruin the myth of their "all-american" image, wouldn't it?

LOL!

You can go back and drag up all of the dirt if you want to. If that makes you feel special, then have a ball. As far as the goal post incedent i will explain it like i am talking to a four year old. In this country you just cant roll up to someone's house in the middle of the night and snatch them out of bed because you have a feeling about someone. Do they have an idea of who did the damage? Yes. But unless you or someone else can prove it then it remains just that, an idea. They would love to prosecute and get this matter solved. But there is such a thing called evidence. No we did not that have CSI come out and collect DNA. So here we are stuck with an idea and no proof. So now you know. Just like everyone else. Now that was not to hard was it?

• Upvote 1