12 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Number 1 in NET

• GREENEVILLE!!!
    • db

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“and the cow jumped over the moonâ€â€¦ should be the ending to that analysis. I will let the Vikings speak for themselves because nothing I could say would make a difference. But I will say that you should take anybody that puts Science Hill below 4th place with a grain of sand. I mean look at their record and schedule and compare it to Boones and Souths. You'ed have to be eatin alot of home cookin to even concider either over THE HILL.

Technically, no Cap, if it were home cooking you would see those mighty UC Blue Devils up there somewhere. Definately don't see the season ending with that as the top 10. As of right now and what we have to go on, that is where I drew my opinion. Nevertheless, you speak of home cooking so I know you have TN High above SH with the win at SH right? If you weren't a TH man I think by outcome you would have to put South above TH because of the Greeneville games at this moment. However, we will see before the end of the year. TN High in my opinion can beat South however thats why they play the game. Nothing I say or you say changes that. I would expect nothing less than you defending your Vikings though. So if Science Hill wins out do they get to magically jump your Viks, or would your Viks be above them because you won the game on the field? Of course this is all hypothetical mumbo jumbo that doesn't matter. The best team on friday night wins no matter where they are ranked. There are way to many intangibles to consider.

No, they did not lay it on them Boone laid it on themselves. 6 to's will get you beat everytime. I think Boone is a better team than South and I just hope somehow and someway we get to see each other in the playoffs.

Turnovers are all just a part of the game. I could have easily gone the other way. On that night the Rebels were better. Also be careful what you wish for. You played the Rebels close at home in the regular season and then lost again in the playoffs. So playing them again wouldn't guarantee a victory for the Blazers. Nothing is a given either way. Thus the reason the game is played. I definately think the Blazers are better than they played that night however. The scoreboard speaks louder than anything else. I think Boone can still make alot of noise. My opinion, as much as it stinks(see wife), is just that an opinion. It was solely based on what has happened up to this point. Still have a season to go. Good luck to your Blazers, and my wifes Rebels.

Technically, no Cap, if it were home cooking you would see those mighty UC Blue Devils up there somewhere. Definately don't see the season ending with that as the top 10. As of right now and what we have to go on, that is where I drew my opinion. Nevertheless, you speak of home cooking so I know you have TN High above SH with the win at SH right? If you weren't a TH man I think by outcome you would have to put South above TH because of the Greeneville games at this moment. However, we will see before the end of the year. TN High in my opinion can beat South however thats why they play the game. Nothing I say or you say changes that. I would expect nothing less than you defending your Vikings though. So if Science Hill wins out do they get to magically jump your Viks, or would your Viks be above them because you won the game on the field? Of course this is all hypothetical mumbo jumbo that doesn't matter. The best team on friday night wins no matter where they are ranked. There are way to many intangibles to consider.

If they win out then that would mean they would have had to beat DB. If you think that they are capable of doing that then I say again… how could you possibly put them behind South. Your Greenville argument is weak at best. Everyone knows that Greenville is a much better team now than what the Rebels played early in the season. And then there’s the lose to the 1A Gate City boys from VA. Believe me… you have to be drinking allot of Rebelade to have South ranked ahead of SH or THS. Most people took the THS lose to Greeneville for what it was… a lose to a championship caliber team that is in a league of its own this year. By most accounts the Vikings are on track for a home game to start the post season, and are considered one of only two teams in the Big 8 to challenge the heavily favorite Tribe for the conference title. It has to be your heart telling you otherwise.

If they win out then that would mean they would have had to beat DB. If you think that they are capable of doing that then I say again… how could you possibly put them behind South. Your Greenville argument is weak at best. Everyone knows that Greenville is a much better team now than what the Rebels played early in the season. And then there’s the lose to the 1A Gate City boys from VA. Believe me… you have to be drinking allot of Rebelade to have South ranked ahead of SH or THS. Most people took the THS lose to Greeneville for what it was… a lose to a championship caliber team that is in a league of its own this year. By most accounts the Vikings are on track for a home game to start the post season, and are considered one of only two teams in the Big 8 to challenge the heavily favorite Tribe for the conference title. It has to be your heart telling you otherwise.

I only put them behind South at this point in the year. I based it solely on those NET teams that were mentioned. Greeneville may be better, but it was still at home. It may have been against 2nd stringers. I may not know all the intangibles of the game. I know that they scored more points against TH and they also held TH to less points. Again I believe TH should beat SS later this year. However my assumption is solely based on thus far. You know what happens when you assume, right? I do a rather good job of that. My heart says UCBD and bleeds blue. I do alot of bleeding during football season. Last thing, why is it when the Rebels lost to Greeneville it's just a loss? When TH lost it's to a championship team? Don't keep up with VA ball so I have no argument for the Gate City loss.

I only put them behind South at this point in the year. I based it solely on those NET teams that were mentioned. Greeneville may be better, but it was still at home. It may have been against 2nd stringers. I may not know all the intangibles of the game. I know that they scored more points against TH and they also held TH to less points. Again I believe TH should beat SS later this year. However my assumption is solely based on thus far. You know what happens when you assume, right? I do a rather good job of that. My heart says UCBD and bleeds blue. I do alot of bleeding during football season. Last thing, why is it when the Rebels lost to Greeneville it's just a loss? When TH lost it's to a championship team? Don't keep up with VA ball so I have no argument for the Gate City loss.

Sorry missed one thing. I can't put Science Hill above TH cuz the Vikings won on the field. That's why at this point I feel they are 5 and not 4. Still to much football left to play.

One of two,WHOS THE OTHER??And the lil vikes CHALLENGING the TRIBE for the CONFERENCE TITLE!!Maybe in your MIND. :roflol:

So… do you or do you not think South has outperformed the Vikings and SH against the competition up to this point. You’re kinda loosing me with the whole “I think TH should beat SS later this year. Now keep in mined South has only won two games Boone and Central and the other two teams have only lost one game a piece (The Hill with the tougher schedule but losing the head to head). If you’re not drinkin Rebelade, then they must have already started burning the leaves in Colonial Heights. :roflol:

I’m just pullin your chain… I can sorta see your point. Well…. if I squint real hard… and maybe stand on my head. Somethin tells me that it’s good we are having this talk today, because tomorrow it will be a mute point… don’t you think. Just pullin the chain again. All jokes aside… good luck to your boys. I hope they have their best game (injury free) of the season tonight. Because I would love to see them hang in there with the Tribe. :thumb:

So… do you or do you not think South has outperformed the Vikings and SH against the competition up to this point. You’re kinda loosing me with the whole “I think TH should beat SS later this year. Now keep in mined South has only won two games Boone and Central and the other two teams have only lost one game a piece (The Hill with the tougher schedule but losing the head to head). If you’re not drinkin Rebelade, then they must have already started burning the leaves in Colonial Heights. :roflol:

I’m just pullin your chain… I can sorta see your point. Well…. if I squint real hard… and maybe stand on my head. Somethin tells me that it’s good we are having this talk today, because tomorrow it will be a mute point… don’t you think. Just pullin the chain again. All jokes aside… good luck to your boys. I hope they have their best game (injury free) of the season tonight. Because I would love to see them hang in there with the Tribe. :thumb:

21-7 is closer than I expected. Of course it's because South supplied the refs for the game. :rolleyes: I tell you what. I will see if we can send them in for your game against the Tribe also. :thumb: At least I will be able to prove you right this week. From top to bottom there will finally be some similar competition to judge with. Also based on my lame way of thinking. Id have to put Greeneville above DB now. I mean the Devils beat the Rebels worse.

21-7 is closer than I expected. Of course it's because South supplied the refs for the game. :rolleyes: I tell you what. I will see if we can send them in for your game against the Tribe also. :thumb: At least I will be able to prove you right this week. From top to bottom there will finally be some similar competition to judge with. Also based on my lame way of thinking. Id have to put Greeneville above DB now. I mean the Devils beat the Rebels worse.

After Friday nights performance by the Rebels I have to say that I was impressed… and I would put South in that third place spot for this week myself. With the DB Greeneville switch, I think your rankings are right on target. You should be very proud of your team… they were a kicker away from a upset in my book. :thumb: