NET Top 10

DevilMan03

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Number 1 in NET

• GREENEVILLE!!!
    • db

Sorry TFlorida we’re all out of trophies this week… and they had the parade last week. :D I know you’re proud/confident when it comes to the GreenDevils… but you’re wasting your time trying to convince the DB hopefuls that THEY aren’t the best thing around since sliced bread. And I think it’s justified… because if I were in their shoes I would feel the same way at this point in the season. The rest of us on the outside looking in KNOW that they would have almost as much trouble with Mr. Carmichael (aka: Wolverine) as THS did. Most know it’s not a question of who but by how much in that match-up. I don’t think you can really appreciate this kids talent until you see him go against players whos talent level you know. He would probably be used as a WR in more situations against the Tribe. I don’t think there is any doubt of Greeneville’s ability to compete in their classification. DB on the other hand has a BIG ? over their heads as to how they will perform against their classified competition… because as it turns out Farragut is far from being a measuring stick this year. Therefore Greeneville gets the EASY nod as the #1 team in the NET.

So tell us Carp.......Who is the measuring stick for Greenville? Who have they played that you could say was a good measuring stick. Looks like South is the best team thay have played or will play. What is South record? Not downing Greenville here, just wondering what method you use to declare them the #1 team in NET. Is it because of the Fritz artical, is it because you are a DB hater, is it because by doing so it somehow make the Vikings look better? Actually all we have to go by as to who is better is the scrimmage where DB scored 3 more points than did Greenville. You may say scrimmages don't count and I do agree. But it shows more than a Johnson City Press ranking or a 56-7 win over the Vikings. I would say the two teams are pretty much even but would give the nod to DB because of our coaching staff.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So tell us Carp.......Who is the measuring stick for Greenville? Who have they played that you could say was a good measuring stick. Looks like South is the best team thay have played or will play. What is South record? Not downing Greenville here, just wondering what method you use to declare them the #1 team in NET. Is it because of the Fritz artical, is it because you are a DB hater, is it because by doing so it somehow make the Vikings look better? Actually all we have to go by as to who is better is the scrimmage where DB scored 3 more points than did Greenville. You may say scrimmages don't count and I do agree. But it shows more than a Johnson City Press ranking or a 56-7 win over the Vikings. I would say the two teams are pretty much even but would give the nod to DB because of our coaching staff.

I know it’s heard for someone with your obvious mental capacity to understand… but let me try to give you the Football for Dummies version just for you. Just in case you didn’t know both teams are undefeated…but only ONE of DBs victories has come over a team that is ACTUALLY IN YOUR CLASSIFICATION. You are 6A…you know that right? I know it’s hard to believe that because you don’t really get to go up against more than three other teams a season that are considered your true competition. Three out of the five games Greeneville has played were against teams in a higher classification and they spanked US all. They beat a Jefferson Co team (that played Sevier to the same 28-14 score DB did) by 4 touchdowns the first game of the season. I know DB fans would like to throw the classification argument out the window… but it is the bottom line. And if winning a State Championship is your programs goal…then you have to be able to measure up to your 6A competition. Even in your mind… a game between the two would be close. So with that being said… in the scenario of “more than likelies†how could you rank a team that will “more than likely†win the State Championship this year lower than a team that will “more than likely†lose in the second round of the playoffs? That is a question to you WaCoff… although I know you’ll do a Sara Palin (as you do when ANYBODY asks you to back up your opinion) and give me some kind of ludicrous generalized response that has nothing to do with what I asked. ;)

I know it’s heard for someone with your obvious mental capacity to understand… but let me try to give you the Football for Dummies version just for you. Just in case you didn’t know both teams are undefeated…but only ONE of DBs victories has come over a team that is ACTUALLY IN YOUR CLASSIFICATION. You are 6A…you know that right? I know it’s hard to believe that because you don’t really get to go up against more than three other teams a season that are considered your true competition. Three out of the five games Greeneville has played were against teams in a higher classification and they spanked US all. They beat a Jefferson Co team (that played Sevier to the same 28-14 score DB did) by 4 touchdowns the first game of the season. I know DB fans would like to throw the classification argument out the window… but it is the bottom line. And if winning a State Championship is your programs goal…then you have to be able to measure up to your 6A competition. Even in your mind… a game between the two would be close. So with that being said… in the scenario of “more than likelies†how could you rank a team that will “more than likely†win the State Championship this year lower than a team that will “more than likely†lose in the second round of the playoffs? That is a question to you WaCoff… although I know you’ll do a Sara Palin (as you do when ANYBODY asks you to back up your opinion) and give me some kind of ludicrous generalized response that has nothing to do with what I asked. ;)

I think that lost last week messed your mind up. The thread is about the NET top ten not about classification. Classification has nothing to do with this. I think DB is better than Greeneville simple as that. As far as you guys being three, now that is the real joke.

How can you put Boone above South? Did South not lay it on Boone? Out of the games so far you can go either way with one and two. They haven't faced similar opponents yet. TN High lost worse to Greenville at the castle than South did at Greeneville. Science Hill's only blemish is to TN High so they have to be below them. After Boone Betsy took North so they go over there. Hampton is still not in the loss coloumn so they have to be considered until they are. No matter who they play. Crockett lost a heartbreaker to a winless conference foe, then barely won a non conference game against lower classification.

1. Dobyns-Bennett

2. Greeneville

3. Sullivan South

4. Tennessee High

5. Science Hill

6. Daniel Boone

7. Elizabethton

8. Sullivan North

9. Hampton

10. David Crockett

How can you put Boone above South? Did South not lay it on Boone? Out of the games so far you can go either way with one and two. They haven't faced similar opponents yet. TN High lost worse to Greenville at the castle than South did at Greeneville. Science Hill's only blemish is to TN High so they have to be below them. After Boone Betsy took North so they go over there. Hampton is still not in the loss coloumn so they have to be considered until they are. No matter who they play. Crockett lost a heartbreaker to a winless conference foe, then barely won a non conference game against lower classification.

1. Dobyns-Bennett

2. Greeneville

3. Sullivan South

4. Tennessee High

5. Science Hill

6. Daniel Boone

7. Elizabethton

8. Sullivan North

9. Hampton

10. David Crockett

An objective ranking based on common sense analysis. How refreshing. Nicely done Convert. I'll expect to see the Blue Devils sneaking in there before season's end if you let the homers influence you.

I think that lost last week messed your mind up. The thread is about the NET top ten not about classification. Classification has nothing to do with this. I think DB is better than Greeneville simple as that. As far as you guys being three, now that is the real joke.

No I think that win over NORTH has got YOU confused. The real joke is Boone even being on the list with Cherokee, Seymore, and North as their only claim to fame. But the hysterical part is Boone will probably win 2 more games and get shoved out of the playoffs by Crockett! I can tell you’re going to need counseling after this season.

1. Dobyns-Bennett

2. Greeneville

3. Sullivan South

4. Tennessee High

5. Science Hill

6. Daniel Boone

7. Elizabethton

8. Sullivan North

9. Hampton

10. David Crockett

No, they did not lay it on them Boone laid it on themselves. 6 to's will get you beat everytime. I think Boone is a better team than South and I just hope somehow and someway we get to see each other in the playoffs.

You shoud be featured in the Football for Dummies handbook Carp. I've got a one up on you in this argument. DB actually beat Greenville in a head to head scrimmage played in a real game format this year. That trumps any argument you can make about whos the better team. Period...End of story. Stop trying to use Greenville or any other team as a crutch. And if you don't shut your pie hole I'll call Sara Palin in to do it for you. You are obviously scared to death of her because you can't get her out of your mind.

1. Dobyns-Bennett

2. Greeneville

3. Sullivan South

4. Tennessee High

5. Science Hill

6. Daniel Boone

7. Elizabethton

8. Sullivan North

9. Hampton

10. David Crockett

“and the cow jumped over the moonâ€â€¦ should be the ending to that analysis. I will let the Vikings speak for themselves because nothing I could say would make a difference. But I will say that you should take anybody that puts Science Hill below 4th place with a grain of sand. I mean look at their record and schedule and compare it to Boones and Souths. You'ed have to be eatin alot of home cookin to even concider either over THE HILL.

You shoud be featured in the Football for Dummies handbook Carp. I've got a one up on you in this argument. DB actually beat Greenville in a head to head scrimmage played in a real game format this year. That trumps any argument you can make about whos the better team. Period...End of story. Stop trying to use Greenville or any other team as a crutch. And if you don't shut your pie hole I'll call Sara Palin in to do it for you. You are obviously scared to death of her because you can't get her out of your mind.

Are you serious… a SCRIMMAGE?! That’s your final answer… a scrimmage?! All your boys were sitting there waiting for the WaCmaster to lay some real time football knowledge and analysis on ol CAP and put him in his place... and you come out with "We beat Greeneville in a head to head scrimmage". :roflol: Answers like that are precisely why you get the comparison to your girl. Would you yourself except a scrimmage as the comparison of what team is better. Don’t forget you used that same theory with Maryville last year… and you see how that worked out for you. A scrimmage….LMAO. You’re grabbin for straws now WaCoff. :thumb:

Are you serious… a SCRIMMAGE?! That’s your final answer… a scrimmage?! All your boys were sitting there waiting for the WaCmaster to lay some real time football knowledge and analysis on ol CAP and put him in his place... and you come out with "We beat Greeneville in a head to head scrimmage". :roflol: Answers like that are precisely why you get the comparison to your girl. Would you yourself except a scrimmage as the comparison of what team is better. Don’t forget you used that same theory with Maryville last year… and you see how that worked out for you. A scrimmage….LMAO. You’re grabbin for straws now WaCoff. :thumb:

The scrimmage answer trumps your answer plain and simple. Your dumb as a box of rocks.