Union City hosts Greenfield for Homecoming

jonathan8001

:roflol: big....If I wasn't mistaken that one post got up under your skin a little bit...

No not at all.I would agree with the same assessment of Lake Co..But Union City hasn't beaten a quality opponent either.And now someone talking about 4.2 speed..That really made me laugh..Felix Jones for the Cowboys is one of the fastest backs in the NFL and he just runs a 4.4..I found a article that is interesting.

The running backs were blowing away the wide receivers in the 40-yard dash today until Dexter Jackson tied Darren McFadden's 4.27.

Then, East Carolina running back Chris Johnson put McFadden and Jackson in his rearview mirror with a 4.24. Johnson is expected to be a second-round pick.

Jackson, a receiver from Appalachian State, turned in a 4.27 after a 4.37. McFadden, who played at Arkansas, ran 4.27 and 4.33. He and Jackson are the fastest players so far. Defensive backs don't run until Tuesday.

Among the other running backs, East Carolina's Chris Johnson ran 4.29, the second-fastest 40 time. Houston's Anthony Alridge ran 4.33 for the third-fastest time. Jamaal Charles of the University of Texas ran 4.36 and 4.36. He had predicted 4.2s.

Rashard Mendenhall of Illinois just ran a 4.37. Felix Jones of Arkansas ran 4.44 and 4.47. He was slower than everyone thought he'd be.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm, sorry but in that rambling post, how many of UC's opponents have NO Wins? (LC has wins against 1 team, no, it's 2 teams, oh my, it's actually 3 teams with no wins)

Lake Co beat a 4-1 Hayti team last night by a pretty good margin.Hayti had more wins total than Trigg Co and Huntingdon..So again..Who has Union City actually beaten?Please tell me Atlas and Grad..Are you going to say Humtingdon?That's the only team you could say.I can now say Hayti.You have played some pretty decent teams..not powerhouses by no means,,but have lost to them..So..again..Who has Union City beaten?Not sure if they would have beaten Greenfield if Dalton Potts had played the whole game.!

I actually love going at it with the Union city faithful.Miss them on here..Wondering where they have been with the exception of Purple..Now we have Jonathan,saying we haven't beaten a good team..And UC Grad and Atlas..I love it..But now Lake Co has beaten a team with a winning record,,Actually a team that has more wins than Huntingdon and Trigg Co combined..And weak or not..if you count the wins Halls has and Hayti..probably as many wins as the teams that Union City has beaten..So to all you Union City fans.Can't say Lake Co has n't beaten anyone with a winning record..But has Union City beaten a team with a winning record?A winning record?..No..No they haven't..Lake Co has..!We may lose to South Fulton Friday night..We may lose to Trenton..We may lose to Union City..but at the moment..Union City can't say they have beaten a team with a winning record.That's the bottom line.!

I'm, sorry but in that rambling post, how many of UC's opponents have NO Wins? (LC has wins against 1 team, no, it's 2 teams, oh my, it's actually 3 teams with no wins)

Union City has beaten 1..or is it 2 teams? or 3 teams?..or 4 teams?..or 5 teams?or is it...No Union City hasn't beat any tea that has a winning record..At least Lake Co can say they have..The mighty Tornadoes haven't beaten any teams with a winning record..But yet they want to talk about playing a weak schedule.Lets talk about a couple of the Tennteams that you say are weak..Halls..Dresden didn't beat Halls as bad as Lake Co did..But yet Dresden beat Trenton.And Trenton beat Union City.Lake Co went to overtime with Humboldt..again beat Trenton..a team that..you guessed it..beat Union City.I'd like to hear Volfan's take on the Mighty Tornadoes ..or what he thinks about the first half ..did Union City look unbeatable?and if he thinks Greenfield would have had a chance had Potts played the whole game.

Darn Butchie,Tigertiger,Devil Alumni,Speller..Where are you guys.I'm just now starting to have some fun but the Union City faitful have cut out on me.They see that they haven't beaten a winning team and now don't want to post.I don't want to be on here talking to myself.People may think I need to ne in the NUTHOUSE..Can't believe they have abandoned me.!

Remember..Dresden beat Trenton..Trenton beat Union City..Again..is it more impressive to lose to Trenton or beat Halls 52-7 and pull the starters.?

Honestly, neither is too impressive. In all honesty, Lake Co.'s weak schedule will catch up with them eventually. You guys think that Lake Co. should've/could've beaten Gibson Co. by 5-6 TD's. The fact is, you didn't and you struggled against a sub-par team that is realistically a 2A school. Lake Co. is not a top 5 team in 1A. I understand that Lake Co. wanted some early season wins against some teams like Fulton City/Co., but is Lake Co. really that desperate for wins? I could understand playing maybe one of the Fulton's to kick off your season, but in back to back weeks? If I was a betting man and GC had the schedule of Lake Co., we'd be 4-1 right now as well and could have the possibility of going anywhere from 7-3 to 5-5. Don't take this post wrong, but I really wasn't overly impressed with Lake Co.

Honestly, neither is too impressive. In all honesty, Lake Co.'s weak schedule will catch up with them eventually. You guys think that Lake Co. should've/could've beaten Gibson Co. by 5-6 TD's. The fact is, you didn't and you struggled against a sub-par team that is realistically a 2A school. Lake Co. is not a top 5 team in 1A. I understand that Lake Co. wanted some early season wins against some teams like Fulton City/Co., but is Lake Co. really that desperate for wins? I could understand playing maybe one of the Fulton's to kick off your season, but in back to back weeks? If I was a betting man and GC had the schedule of Lake Co., we'd be 4-1 right now as well and could have the possibility of going anywhere from 7-3 to 5-5. Don't take this post wrong, but I really wasn't overly impressed with Lake Co.

I understand your post..And I would agree with it..I was sick to my stomach.I actually started to leave.But don't you think as lot of teams have that 1 bad game.I wasn't happy myself..Believe me..Hayti had a lot betetr athletes than Gibson Co did...But also..as unimpressive as you were..I was too..But to have 8 turnovers and still win..what does that say to how bad Gibson Co really is?I can bet had we played Halls the same night..Halls would have beaten us..Something that Gibson Co still didn't do.I'd like our chances against Milan if they turned the ball over 8 times.!Dresden beat your guys pretty good but didn't handle Halls nowhere as bad as Lake Co did.And go back and read Tigertiger's comment..that Lake Co was the best team he has seen so far..So again...sometimes you just have one of those nights.I watched Gibson Co against Halls in the jamboree and Halls should have won.You can think what you want..Lake Co could play Gibson Co ten times and maybe two of the games would be 7 to 14 points depending on turnovers..But if not any turnovers by either team..Lake Co would win by at least 4 touchdowns.The quarterback for Hayti is the best quarterback I have seen us play as well as a couple of the receivers.

Edited by mrbigster

Ur a one man show bigster. thats all u can say :roflolk:

I try ..I can't get any help.I knew the worst thing to have happened was to play Gibson Co and not play well.Knew Gibson Co was going to rip us apart..But what about them and Humboldt and Lake Co and Humboldt..Didn't see him say anything about that.No way..Gibson Co barely beat Halls in the jamboree..Lake Co won 52-7 and pulled their starters..Didn't see Gibson Co Pioneer say anything about that.He wants to look at 1 game..a game that Lake Co had 8 turnovers and still won..Would you like your chances against Lake Co Friday night if Lake Co had 8 turnovers?I believe you would..I would just about bet if South Fulton had 8 turnovers against Lake Co..not only would they lose,but more than likely would be ugly..So now..Pioneer isn't wanting to look at the Humboldt and Halls score against Gibson Co and what Lake Co did against those same two teams.Just that 1 nightmare..and it was a nightmare..but Lake Co still won.!I know it's going to be that way..If South Fulton win..I told you so about Lake Co..If they win and it's close..haven't played anybody.!

Edited by mrbigster

LOL, you refer back to GC/Halls game in the JAMBOREE. I'm telling you, if GC has the schedule that Lake Co. has....we are 4-1 as well. You compare scores to different teams ways too much. You guys barely beat GC, it's a simple fact. You take away all of our turnovers like you want to take away all of your turnovers and we beat you, lol. I'm telling you, your weak schedule will come back to haunt you. If you want to hang your hat on beating a bunch of sub-par teams, so be it. But when South Fulton beats you, I WILL say I told you so.

LOL, you refer back to GC/Halls game in the JAMBOREE. I'm telling you, if GC has the schedule that Lake Co. has....we are 4-1 as well. You compare scores to different teams ways too much. You guys barely beat GC, it's a simple fact. You take away all of our turnovers like you want to take away all of your turnovers and we beat you, lol. I'm telling you, your weak schedule will come back to haunt you. If you want to hang your hat on beating a bunch of sub-par teams, so be it. But when South Fulton beats you, I WILL say I told you so.

If South Fulton wins..I know you will and so will a lot of others.I never said this Lake Co team was the team in the 70 or the 80 and 85 stste championship team.I never said they were a top 5 team.They have improved during the course of the year.Can they beat South Pittsburg,Wayne Co.,Jo Brrnes,Gordonsville?I never said they would.At least probably not this year.But just about all the skill people for Lake Co are juniors..Another speedster,Devon Jones is a sophomore.As far as comparing scores..that's all I can do because you are coming on here and making like Lake Co is just the worst team in high school football..And against Gibson Co they were..but still won..So since you are talking about that one game that you saw,,tell them about what Gibson Co did against Humboldt..Wasn't too pretty was it?But against the same team..Lake Co could have won.Same thing about Halls..Yall bearely beat them..Lake Co had their way with them..So those two games aren't comparing scores from one team to another.We both were on the field with the same two teams.And Gibson Co was pathetic.Lake Co wasn't .!