Union City hosts Greenfield for Homecoming

jonathan8001

Nowhere in my thread have I said Lake Co has played a tough schedule.It is going to get tougher with Hayti tonight and Trenton next week.But like I said,weak schedule..Lake Co is winning.That's why I'm waiting to see how Lake Co does with Trenton next week..and we may get blowed out and how Union City does against Humboldt..I noticed Dresden beat Gibson Co worse than Lake Co did and Dresden also beat Trenton,a team that has beaten Union City.Dresden beat Halls handidly but I'd like to hear Tigertiger opinion on Dresden and Lake Co against Halls...So you never know one night to the next..Just because a team plays a weak schedule doesn't mean they are terrible...Other than Gibson Co..Lake Co has won by big scores against those teams and pulled the starters.And against Humboldt,Ricky Boyd,the starting tailback didn'y play but 2 snaps.But the way he fumbled against Gibson Co..may have been a good thing..I'm expecting betetr out of him tonight.!

Lake County hasn't played ANYONE yet. Fulton Co., Fulton City and Gibson Co....all combined with ZERO ( 0 ) wins.....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me first give Greenfield credit for sticking with Union City the first half. They ( Greenfield ) right off the bat fumbled on their first 2 times with the ball on the first play of each letting U C score. 14 - 0.

It is easier for me to say if the fumbles had not taken place, Greenfield would have been ahead at half by at least one..maybe two T D's but they ( U C ) controlled the second half basically.

U C had 11 to Greenfield 3 penalties. NOT good with it being game #6 but U C is very young.

Greenfield lost their Q B in the second half to a hip injury which pretty much took them out of the game.

Greenfield is small in numbers, small in size but huge in heart. They played Union City in the first half as well as anyone has all year. Their best players is #10, #3 and # 8.

Union City will have to step it up a notch come Humboldt.

Great game Greenfiled and a better half U C.

Go Tornadoes.

first of all roy its union city. and no we are not as good as last year we did loose basicaly all our starters but 2 on both sides. this team is real young 5 starters are sophmores 4 are juniors and only 2 are seniors. will are rebuilding this year but give it a couple years and we will be competeing for our second gold ball. let me put this out there as well that our middle school team are going for a perfect regular season tuesday when they take on martin, so great talent coming up next year. union city will be back again just you wait.

Let me ask you Union County people a question. Is your Union County team better than last year? I garuntee you that those boys were real good last year. I was reading in my book and Union County lost alot of boys from last year.

It is Union "City" ....Dillard. Now...this team is NO WHERE near the team we had last year. We were loaded with Seniors last year and some other key players. Union City is very young this year and still making youthful mistakes. We did have a VERY Good STATE CHAMPIONSHIP team last year didn't we. Thank You for that kind word. Union City after this season will be LOADED for the next several years. Just get ready...I see possible a few more of those Silver and Gold Footballs in the future for the U C teams.

Let me ask you Union County people a question. Is your Union County team better than last year? I garuntee you that those boys were real good last year. I was reading in my book and Union County lost alot of boys from last year.

UC is a year away, Roy...They will be lifting alot of weights and running the 50 yard dashes with weights on their ankles in the off season...They will be mean and nasty the next few years...Just wait, it'll be in the next book that ole Murph puts out...

Let me first give Greenfield credit for sticking with Union City the first half. They ( Greenfield ) right off the bat fumbled on their first 2 times with the ball on the first play of each letting U C score. 14 - 0.

It is easier for me to say if the fumbles had not taken place, Greenfield would have been ahead at half by at least one..maybe two T D's but they ( U C ) controlled the second half basically.

U C had 11 to Greenfield 3 penalties. NOT good with it being game #6 but U C is very young.

Greenfield lost their Q B in the second half to a hip injury which pretty much took them out of the game.

Greenfield is small in numbers, small in size but huge in heart. They played Union City in the first half as well as anyone has all year. Their best players is #10, #3 and # 8.

Union City will have to step it up a notch come Humboldt.

Great game Greenfiled and a better half U C.

Go Tornadoes.

Sometimes it's worse to jump out so easy like that...Sometimes you lose your focus...

Looks like the Jackets played hard though...It's tough when you have to go into a city with a Super Wal Mart and Lowes and play a big city school...Even though that school only has 24 varsity players...

Lake County hasn't played ANYONE yet. Fulton Co., Fulton City and Gibson Co....all combined with ZERO ( 0 ) wins.....

You're right.But they did come close to Humboldt.The same Humboldt team that beat Trenton.Didn't Trenton beat Union City?Tigertiger from Halls thinks Lake Co is the best team they have played so far and they have played Dresden.But Lake Co did beat a talented Hayti team last night that had some athletes.Lake Co is in a situation just like before they played Humboldt.All we heard that week was..Humboldt is going to kill Lake Co.Lake Co hasn't played anybody..So if we would have gotten blown out..all we would have heard was ..I told you so..Lake Co hasn't played anybody.When they beat those teams..it's ..Lake Co hasn't beaten anybody,..But for the most cases,they have won big against those teams.And I believe Lake Co has improved on defense.On offense,I'd put them against anybody Union City has..Union City may have a good line, a bruising running back..But Lake Co has 3 or 4 boys that go go 80 yards on any play.And Lake Co can throw the ball..Ask Hals,ask Humboldt,ask Hayti..Lake Co will spread the players and make Union City play 1 on 1..Which will open up the running game also.Teams like Union City may control the ball with their big back..South Fulton may do the same ..As long as they control the line and the ball..Lake Co will lose..But don't let Lake Co stop you and get the ball a lot.If they do..gonna score points.!

Your comments are kinda funny..Lake Co hasn't beaten anyone..But they have won big..not just getting by...Now let's look at Union City..Beat Trigg Co Ky..A team with a 1-5 record..And have been blown out of every game..Wow..big win..Union City beat Huntingdon.a team with a 2-5 record..And then last night beat Greenfield..And from what I read..if it wasn't from Greenfield fumbling the ball..Union City would have been behind at the half..And then Dalton Potts got hurt and sat out the second half.That made a big difference.If Sam Hays goes out for us,we're probably in trouble.So really who has Union City actually beaten..Not only who has Union City beaten..they lost to Trenton who is 2-4..Lost to Obion Cen who is 2-4..Not saying they aren't good teams but you didn't beat them.Lake Co lost in overtime to Humboldt, a team that beat Trenton..So..Which looks more impressive..losing in overtime to Humboldt like Lake Co did or losing to Trenton like Union City did?So again... Who has Union City actually beaten?I'd compare Hayti to maybe Huntington and evidently Humbolt is as good as Trenton so by looking at the schedules..not a whole lot of difference..Because we beat those weak teams you refer to by a large margin.Yall lost to some slightly better teams ..So..I'm not sure losing to a slight better team is any more impressive than beating a weak team by 50 points.!

Edited by mrbigster

Gibson Co could say the same thing..if they hadn't played Milan,Humboldt,Dresden etc..and instead had played Fulton Co and Fulton..they would have some wins..But I saw them in a jamboree against Halls and it could have went either way.And Lake Co had their way with Halls.So..maybe Gibson Co ins't as bad as you think they are.Just that they are playing some tough teams.Union City would probably lose to a lot of those teams as well as Lake Co would.!

Your comments are kinda funny..Lake Co hasn't beaten anyone..But they have won big..not just getting by...Now let's look at Union City..Beat Trigg Co Ky..A team with a 1-5 record..And have been blown out of every game..Wow..big win..Union City beat Huntingdon.a team with a 2-5 record..And then last night beat Greenfield..And from what I read..if it wasn't from Greenfield fumbling the ball..Union City would have been behind at the half..And then Dalton Potts got hurt and sat out the second half.That made a big difference.If Sam Hays goes out for us,we're probably in trouble.So really who has Union City actually beaten..Not only who has Union City beaten..they lost to Trenton who is 2-4..Lost to Obion Cen who is 2-4..Not saying they aren't good teams but you didn't beat them.Lake Co lost in overtime to Humboldt, a team that beat Trenton..So..Which looks more impressive..losing in overtime to Humboldt like Lake Co did or losing to Trenton like Union City did?So again... Who has Union City actually beaten?I'd compare Hayti to maybe Huntington and evidently Humbolt is as good as Trenton so by looking at the schedules..not a whole lot of difference..Because we beat those weak teams you refer to by a large margin.Yall lost to some slightly better teams ..So..I'm not sure losing to a slight better team is any more impressive than beating a weak team by 50 points.!

I'm, sorry but in that rambling post, how many of UC's opponents have NO Wins? (LC has wins against 1 team, no, it's 2 teams, oh my, it's actually 3 teams with no wins)