Union City Travels to Humboldt

JungleJim125

34-26 Union City...

Keylon Hyde has close to or a little over 900 yards rushing...This will be a game where both Williams and Hyde will run for over 100...UC will have to not turn the ball over inside the Purple Zone and not have a whole bunch of bad penalties...By that I mean the penalties that bring back TD plays or long runs...Watch for 1 or maybe 2 long passes from Bowling..

Should be a great game..

I maybe wrong but i don't see Union City putting up 34 points against Humboldt. Humboldt is more pysical than last year! UC better be able to block the DE for Humboldt if not it will be a long night for UC! I don't believe both backs will go over a 100! This defense held a good Peabody team under a 100 yards on the ground and did a good job against a good Mckenzie team! You best not be thinking you going to run wild next Friday night. UC fans just maybe taking the Vikings D a little lightly that would not be a smart thing to do! <_<

Edited by zebra99

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How good is this 2010 Union City team? That 2009 team sure was a good one. How do they compare to the 2009 team? Do they have a better than average shot to make it back to Cookeville this season?

Last year's team was senior-heavy at starting positions. This year's team is sophomore heavy at starting positions. The 2009 team starting playing with confidence and hit with authority starting this week of the schedule last year. Will see this friday about this team. The 2010 team has yet to weed out the penalties. This year's team has more speed in the backfield. The o-line this year is not quite up to par with last year's, yet. The d-line and linebackers this year are still a little behind last year's. Secondary this year is faster overall, but erratic on pass coverage. This year's team has more upside potential than last year's team. I think bone-headed penalties will be the number one item to hold the 2010 team back.

first of all I knew union city had a team cause I played for them from 1997-2000 where we went a combined record of 52-6 I wore #80 with state championship appearances and believe me we loved kicking the vikings butt during that time. Yes humboldt is better and we are not as good but I still predict a shootout with union city winning by 3. I am new to this but have been following it since high school and decided to join in so thanks for your great welcome but it wont decide anything so trash talk all you want and I'll do the same and come friday we will see who the best really is.

I have seen UC play few times this year and have good young team. I have seen Humbolt play once this year. Humbolt has more size depth and speed, I will give the edge to UC in discipline and coaching. I will go with Humbolt with the win but in close slobber knocker of a game.

I maybe wrong but i don't see Union City putting up 34 points against Humboldt. Humboldt is more pysical than last year! UC better be able to block the DE for Humboldt if not it will be a long night for UC! I don't believe both backs will go over a 100! This defense held a good Peabody team under a 100 yards on the ground and did a good job against a good Mckenzie team! You best not be thinking you going to run wild next Friday night. UC fans just maybe taking the Vikings D a little lightly that would not be a smart thing to do! <_<

The DE is not the key to stopping the option attack of UC...

Only two teams I have seen virtually shut down the veer....I have seen it run for 7 years...Once at Haywood County while Bowling was at Obion Central and then the second half of the Obion Central game this year...McKenzie has controlled it but not shut it down..Comer has done the best of any coach in this area of slowing it down...The DE has little to do with shutting down the veer...

I'm not making light of the Viking defense...I'm sure they are athletic and I'm sure they are physical but there has been many athletic and physical defenses left in the veer's wake with 350-400 yards rushing or more...You have to be smart and you have to be patient and you have to be disciplined to stop the veer...The Vikings will have to be MUCH better at that this year because they still don't know where the ball is after last season's game and that doesn't have anything to do with their athleticism or physicality...

If the Tornadoes do not turn the ball over inside the Purple Zone and commit stupid penalties that bring TD's or long runs back they will put points on the board..Their defense is the key to this game as they will have to get off the field by forcing Humboldt to punt or turn the ball over by way of turnovers....

first of all I knew union city had a team cause I played for them from 1997-2000 where we went a combined record of 52-6 I wore #80 with state championship appearances and believe me we loved kicking the vikings butt during that time. Yes humboldt is better and we are not as good but I still predict a shootout with union city winning by 3. I am new to this but have been following it since high school and decided to join in so thanks for your great welcome but it wont decide anything so trash talk all you want and I'll do the same and come friday we will see who the best really is.

Fist of all kid i am not on here trash talking and i never said UC could not beat Humboldt! I have not said anything negative about the Tornadoes. I have always respected the UC program and will continue to do so. Its good to have you aboard on coacht! I am as you just giving my imo. Humboldt is like alot of programs trying to rebuild and Bland is doing a great job. UC is well coached and i know UC will be hard to beat good luck to both squads! :thumb:

Edited by zebra99

The DE is not the key to stopping the option attack of UC...

Only two teams I have seen virtually shut down the veer....I have seen it run for 7 years...Once at Haywood County while Bowling was at Obion Central and then the second half of the Obion Central game this year...McKenzie has controlled it but not shut it down..Comer has done the best of any coach in this area of slowing it down...The DE has little to do with shutting down the veer...

I'm not making light of the Viking defense...I'm sure they are athletic and I'm sure they are physical but there has been many athletic and physical defenses left in the veer's wake with 350-400 yards rushing or more...You have to be smart and you have to be patient and you have to be disciplined to stop the veer...The Vikings will have to be MUCH better at that this year because they still don't know where the ball is after last season's game and that doesn't have anything to do with their athleticism or physicality...

If the Tornadoes do not turn the ball over inside the Purple Zone and commit stupid penalties that bring TD's or long runs back they will put points on the board..Their defense is the key to this game as they will have to get off the field by forcing Humboldt to punt or turn the ball over by way of turnovers....

You get no argument from me. Very well posted and yes discipline is the key. Mistakes and penalties will be a key for both teams! This will be a great game and make just go down to the wire!

I have seen UC play few times this year and have good young team. I have seen Humbolt play once this year. Humbolt has more size depth and speed, I will give the edge to UC in discipline and coaching. I will go with Humbolt with the win but in close slobber knocker of a game.

You say that Humboldt has more size than UC. This will be the first time this season Humboldt will be bigger than their opponents! Humboldt needs to get more discipline i go with you there. But as far as a coaching edge meaning for disrespect but i don't think Bland will be out coached. Yes this should me a head banger of a game!