TCA @ McKenzie

rebelsnook

I want to see the Jackson Sun spin on this. Borenstein was in the pressbox last night for the entire game. Nice guy.

And Duck, I agree with you. Jabriel Washington is no doubt a talent, but folded like a paper last night several times. It reminded me alot of Chris Donald a few years ago when he had made his decision about UT and did not put out on the field. I will say that I did see him come up from his safety position and lay a couple of good licks.

And whoever said we "only got 18 points" (Reitz I believe), are you serious? We did it all on the ground for the most part. If Comer wanted to open it up and throw, it would have wasy been way over 20. Ball control and keeping Jabriel off the field was game plan and it was ran to perfection.

Sorry, it was not me who mentioned McKenzie only scoring 18 points.

And it is still inappropriate to throw jabs at a high school player like a couple of you have done to Jabriel Washington. Questioning a young players Some comments could be made about a player or two from McKenzie, but what would that accomplish? Not a thing.

Perhaps a moderator should close this discussion as it is not really pertaining to the game and has deteriorated into something less than tasteful.

Again, congrats to the players of McKenzie for your effort last night and to the coaches for the game plan you implimented. Well done.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see the play, so can't say, but these rookie refs sometimes say one thing and mean another.

The refs in this game certainly were not rookies by any stretch. The youngest was probably in his late 40's to early 50's. Another was so old that he looked like Colonel Sanders from KFC fame. No joke, I thought I smelt extra crispy on him when he walked by.

The refs in this game certainly were not rookies by any stretch. The youngest was probably in his late 40's to early 50's. Another was so old that he looked like Colonel Sanders from KFC fame. No joke, I thought I smelt extra crispy on him when he walked by.

age has nothing to do with whether or not an official is a rookie. But the crew at this game was a pretty seasoned crew.

Go Back And Read The Posts On This Thread Prior To The Game And Count How Many Said Jabriel Washington This And That..And We Gonna Do This And That And TCA Is This Because Of Jabriel Washington...But Then You Lose And We Make Comments About How He Wasn't A Factor And How We Contained Him And How We Expected More From Him And Then We Are Attacking Him.....? If Ya Didn't Want Us To Speak Of Him And Comment On Him? Why Then, Prey Tell, Did Ya Beat Us Over The Head With Him Prior To The Game? We Was Expecting The Number One Draft Pick To Alabama, And We Was Left With Wanting Or Expecting More......So In the Future...Maybe You Should Speak Of Your Team And Not Single Him Out...Do Him Some Courtesy...Don't Start Speaking Of Him Prior To The Game And There Won't Be None After.

Edited by Butchie

Go Back And Read The Posts On This Thread Prior To The Game And Count How Many Said Jabriel Washington This And That..And We Gonna Do This And That And TCA Is This Because Of Jabriel Washington...But Then You Lose And We Make Comments About How He Wasn't A Factor And How We Contained Him And How We Expected More From Him And Then We Are Attacking Him.....? If Ya Didn't Want Us To Speak Of Him And Comment On Him? Why Then, Prey Tell, Did Ya Beat Us Over The Head With Him Prior To The Game? We Was Expecting The Number One Draft Pick To Alabama, And We Was Left With Wanting Or Expecting More......So In the Future...Maybe You Should Speak Of Your Team And Not Single Him Out...Do Him Some Courtesy...Don't Start Speaking Of Him Prior To The Game And There Won't Be None After.

Why are you so frustrated?

Well, I was around the visitors pressbox and on the field before the game. Heck, I got to the stadium at 530.

LOL....I Was At The Pressbox...At About.....6:50...And Some Old Dude And A Kid Was In There...And Neither Was As Good Looking As You....So I Figured Ya Stiffed Me And Headed To The Flagpole....Now How Could You Miss A Dude Of My Stature, Im Hard Not To See! But I'll Let You Score It A Mulligan...And We'll Meet Later Ole Friend. :thumb:

Edited by Butchie

My thoughts on the game, Comer really put this game plan together well and kept TCA Offence off the field. Max was simply great last night fought on every down, one of his best performances in my opinion. The O line and D line for the Rebels simply imposed their will and pushed TCa around. #87 #33 #13 #2 and #36 really took it to TCA QB. The Reb running backs ran with a determination last night it nice to be able to go seven backs in a game. I did think Washington did take a dive on a few plays to prevent injury, not sure I blame him he has a future to consider. This was simply a great team win. Rebs appear to be hitting their stride at just the right time of the season.

My thoughts on the game, Comer really put this game plan together well and kept TCA Offence off the field. Max was simply great last night fought on every down, one of his best performances in my opinion. The O line and D line for the Rebels simply imposed their will and pushed TCa around. #87 #33 #13 #2 and #36 really took it to TCA QB. The Reb running backs ran with a determination last night it nice to be able to go seven backs in a game. I did think Washington did take a dive on a few plays to prevent injury, not sure I blame him he has a future to consider. This was simply a great team win. Rebs appear to be hitting their stride at just the right time of the season.

You Know Chip, I'd Have To Agree About Max.... :thumb:

Should be a great game, McKenzie can't just key in on Jabriel and expect to win this game. If a few receivers come up big and our ground game is effective I think we should win in a close one

Washington has his moments, Rebels have the game by 7 (or......) Jabriel best be prepared to get stuck....just like last year. Different faces and numbers......same pain.

If you shut down TCA's quarterback, you shut down TCA's entire offense. Also don't pass in his vicinity when he's on defense. McKenzie wins by 10.

Shut down TCA's quarterback, you shut down TCA's entire TEAM. I have never seen an individual player who makes such an impact on the game. He has great vision when looking for the open man, pinpoint accuracy when throwing the ball, great speed, quickness, and agility when running. I don't mean to offend anyone from TCA but without Jabriel, they are just another football team. With Jabriel, they are a threat to anyone.

If McKenzie's rush defense is as great as it has been then the TCA run game won't have much of a chance to do some damage even though more than likely Washington will be the only one rushing all over the place.

I dont care how good Washington is, games are not won by one player. The remaining 10 players on the field deserve much more credit than they are getting.

This "Multiquote" thing is fun isn't it? I just did what you said Butchie and found all the posts where our quarterback was mentioned so now its easy to see where TCA was beating ya'll over the head with Washington prior to the game.

What's the saying.... better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and erase all doubt? Goes for typing too! :thumb: