TheAnswer21

District standings through week 6 (district record):

T-1. Franklin (3-0) 6-1

T-1. Brentwood (3-0) 5-2

T-3. Independence (1-2) 2-4

T-3. Hilsboro (1-2) 2-5

T-5. Ravenwood (1-3) 3-4

T-5. Centennial (1-3) 2-5

Franklin and Brentwood both looked very good in blowout district wins, we are now guranteed that their game on October 29th will be for the district championship (but really all that will be decided is who gets home-field for the 3rd round of the playoffs) . Independence seems to be improving with a shutout victory over an inconsistent Hilsboro team (is their QB still hurt from the Franklin game?). Centennial is still Centennial, and Ravenwood's playoff hopes seemed to be dashed last Friday at Franklin. Predictions? Opinions?

T-1. Franklin (3-0) 6-1

T-1. Brentwood (3-0) 5-2

T-3. Hilsboro (1-2) 2-5

T-5. Ravenwood (1-3) 3-4

Franklin and Brentwood both looked very good in blowout district wins, we are now guranteed that their game on October 29th will be for the district championship (but really all that will be decided is who gets home-field for the 3rd round of the playoffs) . Independence seems to be improving with a shutout victory over an inconsistent Hilsboro team (is their QB still hurt from the Franklin game?). Centennial is still Centennial, and Ravenwood's playoff hopes seemed to be dashed last Friday at Franklin. Predictions? Opinions?

:thumb: Hillboro (1-4)

Independence (1-4)

Centennial (2-3)

Ravenwood (2-3)

Franklin (4-1)

Brentwood (5-0)

If Ravenwood can pull together and beat Indy and FRA they will make the playoffs, Franklin and Brentwood are already in.Everyone else in District 11 take 3 weeks off and then get back to the weight room. :thumb:

T-1. Franklin (3-0) 6-1

T-1. Brentwood (3-0) 5-2

T-3. Hilsboro (1-2) 2-5

T-5. Ravenwood (1-3) 3-4

Who are some of the better players in this district?

Independence (1-4)

Centennial (2-3)

Ravenwood (2-3)

Franklin (4-1)

Brentwood (5-0)

If Ravenwood can pull together and beat Indy and FRA they will make the playoffs, Franklin and Brentwood are already in.Everyone else in District 11 take 3 weeks off and then get back to the weight room. :thumb:

Same with Independence, if Indy beats Ravenwood and Franklin, they are in the playoffs

Who are some of the better players in this district?

If you really want an honest answer take the best 5-7 players off Franklin and Brentwood and then 1 player from the rest of the teams..that will give you a good list of the top 15 or so players in the district.

Edited by TheAnswer21

Same with Independence, if Indy beats Ravenwood and Franklin, they are in the playoffs

You really expect that to happen? I mean sure we could do all of the impossible scenarios. Maybe Indy will beat Franklin and RHS, Bwood will lose to Hilsboro, FHS will beat BHS and Bwood will be left out of the playoffs altogether! I mean but really? Franklin and Bretnwood for the district on Oct. 29th, Ravenwood a longshot for the playoffs as a wild card. Not trying to bash Indy or anything, but let's be realistic here..

You really expect that to happen? I mean sure we could do all of the impossible scenarios. Maybe Indy will beat Franklin and RHS, Bwood will lose to Hilsboro, FHS will beat BHS and Bwood will be left out of the playoffs altogether! I mean but really? Franklin and Bretnwood for the district on Oct. 29th, Ravenwood a longshot for the playoffs as a wild card. Not trying to bash Indy or anything, but let's be realistic here..

really? impossible scenarios? indy loses to centennial 10-9....yes, centennial deserved to win if they can score on 4th and goal from the 17 and indy has to settle for 3 fgs instead of getting at least ONE touchdown....but seriously independence SHOULD have won but they didn't....and franklin beat centennial by 3? and Ravenwood lost to Hillsboro 16-0 or so?....NOT SO IMPOSSIBLE IF YOU ASK ME??

Independence (1-4)

Centennial (2-3)

Ravenwood (2-3)

Franklin (4-1)

Brentwood (5-0)

I don't agree with you. I see three maybe four teams making the playoffs from this district.

Brentwood:They will finish in the top two of the district so they are an automatic qualifier. PREDICTION: IN

Franklin: They are in the same boat as B'wood so they advance. PREDICTION: IN

Ravenwood:Based on their current standings plus the win they will receive over Independence in the final week, I see 4 wins as being enough to get in...probably. I don't believe they have much of a shot against FRA and definitely won't beat Smyrna. PREDICTION: LIKELY IN

Centennial: This is a dark horse pick, but I believe they get in the 5A playoffs. They have played a full schedule of all 6A schools. They beat Indy and Antioch while having close losses to Franklin and Overton. Keep in mind they were BLOWN OUT by Brentwood and Smyrna but most 5A and some 6A schools would get killed by two of the best teams in the state. They only loss I can't figure is the Ravenwood game, but it was early in the year. Centennial finishes with games against three 5A teams. I think they win two of these and slip in the postseason. PREDICTION: IN ONLY BECAUSE THEY EARNED IT

Independence: Their destiny is in their own hands. They will lose to Franklin so let's look at the rest of the way. Columbia will be tough but should be winable. Their season comes down to Ravenwood and LaVergne. Yes, I said LaVergne. I believe Ravenwood will be too much, but does Indy get into the postseason with two more wins over Columbia and LaVergne? I think they will lose one of these, maybe both. PREDICTION: NOT IN

Hillsboro: They have three games left and need two wins to get into the "dance". Brentwood will smoke them so that leaves games against Cane Ridge and Centennial. They should beat Cane Ridge BUT I won't write it down as a win yet. Their season may come down to the final game against the Cougars. I give the nod to Centennial based on how both teams performed against Independence. PREDICTION: NOT IN

All your postseason info you need can be found here

----> http://tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/wildcard.cfm?class=5A

I don't agree with you. I see three maybe four teams making the playoffs from this district.

Brentwood:They will finish in the top two of the district so they are an automatic qualifier. PREDICTION: IN

Franklin: They are in the same boat as B'wood so they advance. PREDICTION: IN

Ravenwood:Based on their current standings plus the win they will receive over Independence in the final week, I see 4 wins as being enough to get in...probably. I don't believe they have much of a shot against FRA and definitely won't beat Smyrna. PREDICTION: LIKELY IN

Centennial: This is a dark horse pick, but I believe they get in the 5A playoffs. They have played a full schedule of all 6A schools. They beat Indy and Antioch while having close losses to Franklin and Overton. Keep in mind they were BLOWN OUT by Brentwood and Smyrna but most 5A and some 6A schools would get killed by two of the best teams in the state. They only loss I can't figure is the Ravenwood game, but it was early in the year. Centennial finishes with games against three 5A teams. I think they win two of these and slip in the postseason. PREDICTION: IN ONLY BECAUSE THEY EARNED IT

Independence: Their destiny is in their own hands. They will lose to Franklin so let's look at the rest of the way. Columbia will be tough but should be winable. Their season comes down to Ravenwood and LaVergne. Yes, I said LaVergne. I believe Ravenwood will be too much, but does Indy get into the postseason with two more wins over Columbia and LaVergne? I think they will lose one of these, maybe both. PREDICTION: NOT IN

Hillsboro: They have three games left and need two wins to get into the "dance". Brentwood will smoke them so that leaves games against Cane Ridge and Centennial. They should beat Cane Ridge BUT I won't write it down as a win yet. Their season may come down to the final game against the Cougars. I give the nod to Centennial based on how both teams performed against Independence. PREDICTION: NOT IN

All your postseason info you need can be found here

----> http://tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/wildcard.cfm?class=5A

Some very interesting points! If the Cougars can make a stout run down the stretch, they should be fine. Where's justonemoyard? Dyson rally the troops. You have a shot! I realize you are a 6A school needing wins over a 5A school and 6A power LaVergne to get in, but your fans know you will overcome this very tough part of the schedule. This is where we will see Dyson at his best...right? :thumb:

Uh Ravenswood . . . any thoughts on this? Anyone else feel this way? :popcorneater: