District 11-AAA standings through week 6

TheAnswer21

Patience airraid. I've said this once and will say it again. There will be more than just Brentwood and Franklin making it into the playoffs from this district. Four will get in and here is why.

Independence= Their key game is still against LaVergne although 3 wins probably won't get you in. However, wins over LaVergne AND Ravenwood could be enough. I don't see this happening.

Hillsboro= These guys have new life! The win over Cane Ridge was HUGE. This gives them 3 wins and 4 should be enough for the post season. Brentwood should smack them around easily but the game against Centennial in the last week could punch their ticket.

Ravenwood= Their key game will come on Thursday Night Lights. I would not be surprised to see the Raptors hold players out of the Smyrna game to have them ready to go against Independence. I've changed my mind and do believe 4 wins gets this team into the dance.

Centennial= This team suffered a disappointing loss to Lawrence County which would have helped their cause tremendously. However the Cougars still control their own destiny. They MUST win against Columbia to have a shot. I don't believe 3 wins will be enough to advance. IF they win against Columbia, there would be a one game showdown against Hillsboro for a spot in the playoffs.

(I am allowed to change my mind every week right?)

6A

Brentwood-IN

Franklin-IN

Ravenwood-IN

Independence-OUT

5A

Centennial-IN

Hillsboro-OUT

*although this could go either way but one of these two will make it*

:thumb: After looking at the standings across the state, 4 wins will not get you in 6A, but could get you in 5A. That means Ravenwood and Indy are in the weight room for the playoffs. Hillsboro might get in if they beat Centennial. :thumb:

:thumb: After looking at the standings across the state, 4 wins will not get you in 6A, but could get you in 5A. That means Ravenwood and Indy are in the weight room for the playoffs. Hillsboro might get in if they beat Centennial. :thumb:

Looking across the state? We must be looking at two different states. Out of the current 32 playoff spots, 12 teams (that are in as of right now) have 4 wins OR less.

Soddy Daisy, Hardin Valley, and Nashville Overton all had 4 wins as of last week and are currently in the playoffs.

These were the wild cards spots as of last week that had only 3 wins!

Farragut

William Blount

Ooltewah

Ravenwood

Southwind

Jefferson County

Oak Ridge

Heritage

Collierville

Ravenwood needs to finish strong and see where the chips fall. They are still very much alive.

We'll know more tomorrow when the new playoff standings come out. :mrgreen::popcorneater:

I would say there is a higher probability Ravenwood will be looking to send the head coach back home to West Virginia than making the playoff's.

Edited by rappy

I would say there is a higher probability Ravenwood will be looking to send the head coach back home to West Virginia than making the playoff's.

So are we seriously saying that Independence is going to beat Ravenwood? Because this is the only way that the Raptors are not finishing with at least four wins.

The "other wood" is going to the dance! Have faith. :o

This post shows how far down District 11 is this year in that we're seriously debating which 4 win teams are going to make the playoffs. Other than Brentwood and Franklin, none of them deserve to get in at this point.

Hopefully, the Bruins are going to lock up their playoff spot this Friday night!!

so the coach talk is starting already? hear they have more than the normal amount of injuries... is this a consideration?

Not in the least, it's about being a head coach. Ravenwood has coach called head coach but he is not a head coach..."empty suit" as the phrase goes. Whatever Brian Rector was, he is 180 degrees opposite of everything Rector stood for or instilled into the program. It's just totally disgraceful...nothing but disgraceful.

Looking across the state? We must be looking at two different states. Out of the current 32 playoff spots, 12 teams (that are in as of right now) have 4 wins OR less.

Soddy Daisy, Hardin Valley, and Nashville Overton all had 4 wins as of last week and are currently in the playoffs.

These were the wild cards spots as of last week that had only 3 wins!

Farragut

William Blount

Ooltewah

Ravenwood

Southwind

Jefferson County

Oak Ridge

Heritage

Collierville

Ravenwood needs to finish strong and see where the chips fall. They are still very much alive.

We'll know more tomorrow when the new playoff standings come out. :mrgreen::popcorneater:

:thumb: How bout it Dan; this week shows where Indy and Ravenwood will end up, don't get me wrong I hope they make it but it doesn't look good. :thumb:

This post shows how far down District 11 is this year in that we're seriously debating which 4 win teams are going to make the playoffs. Other than Brentwood and Franklin, none of them deserve to get in at this point.

Hopefully, the Bruins are going to lock up their playoff spot this Friday night!!

In all reality, their in.

:thumb: How bout it Dan; this week shows where Indy and Ravenwood will end up, don't get me wrong I hope they make it but it doesn't look good. :thumb:

How does this week show anything?

Ravenwood has a bye week. (I see them winning this one after bye did have a big upset win over Independence.)

Independence plays Franklin. The Rebels win this one easily!

We won't know anything about the future of these two teams until Oct 28th.

Thursday Night Lights baby!

Oh yeah, Rebels are in and Bruins are in. I guess only thing that matters is Oct. 29 and which one goes in as #1 and which is #2.

Hypothetical Question for Everyone (I know the answer just want to see if everyone else is on the same page)

Say Franklin loses to Indy tomorrow night and beats Brentwood (who wins out until week 10). Who is seeded higher in the playoffs?