District 11-AAA standings through week 6

TheAnswer21

really? impossible scenarios? indy loses to centennial 10-9....yes, centennial deserved to win if they can score on 4th and goal from the 17 and indy has to settle for 3 fgs instead of getting at least ONE touchdown....but seriously independence SHOULD have won but they didn't....and franklin beat centennial by 3? and Ravenwood lost to Hillsboro 16-0 or so?....NOT SO IMPOSSIBLE IF YOU ASK ME??

don't compare scores. Saying this team beat that team who lost to that team who almost beat that other team who was upset by that one team doesn't tell you anything about the teams. If you had actually watched both teams play, you would agree with me that Indy's chances of finishing top 2 in the district are close to impossible. Also, don't get all hyped up over beating Hilsboro, their QB got hurt the week before against Franklin.

I don't agree with you. I see three maybe four teams making the playoffs from this district.

Brentwood:They will finish in the top two of the district so they are an automatic qualifier. PREDICTION: IN

Franklin: They are in the same boat as B'wood so they advance. PREDICTION: IN

Ravenwood:Based on their current standings plus the win they will receive over Independence in the final week, I see 4 wins as being enough to get in...probably. I don't believe they have much of a shot against FRA and definitely won't beat Smyrna. PREDICTION: LIKELY IN

Centennial: This is a dark horse pick, but I believe they get in the 5A playoffs. They have played a full schedule of all 6A schools. They beat Indy and Antioch while having close losses to Franklin and Overton. Keep in mind they were BLOWN OUT by Brentwood and Smyrna but most 5A and some 6A schools would get killed by two of the best teams in the state. They only loss I can't figure is the Ravenwood game, but it was early in the year. Centennial finishes with games against three 5A teams. I think they win two of these and slip in the postseason. PREDICTION: IN ONLY BECAUSE THEY EARNED IT

Independence: Their destiny is in their own hands. They will lose to Franklin so let's look at the rest of the way. Columbia will be tough but should be winable. Their season comes down to Ravenwood and LaVergne. Yes, I said LaVergne. I believe Ravenwood will be too much, but does Indy get into the postseason with two more wins over Columbia and LaVergne? I think they will lose one of these, maybe both. PREDICTION: NOT IN

Hillsboro: They have three games left and need two wins to get into the "dance". Brentwood will smoke them so that leaves games against Cane Ridge and Centennial. They should beat Cane Ridge BUT I won't write it down as a win yet. Their season may come down to the final game against the Cougars. I give the nod to Centennial based on how both teams performed against Independence. PREDICTION: NOT IN

All your postseason info you need can be found here

----> http://tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/wildcard.cfm?class=5A

:thumb: After further review video evidence gives Centennial the last 3 wins which will get them in the playoffs: (BOOK IT) Indy should get by Ravenwood with all their injuries after beating Lawernce County and Columbia they get in but Ravenwood stays home. :thumb:

:thumb: After further review video evidence gives Centennial the last 3 wins which will get them in the playoffs: (BOOK IT) Indy should get by Ravenwood with all their injuries after beating Lawernce County and Columbia they get in but Ravenwood stays home. :thumb:

Do you really think its a slam dunk that Indy beats Columbia? I mean, I know you BOOKed IT and all but . . .

really? impossible scenarios? indy loses to centennial 10-9....yes, centennial deserved to win if they can score on 4th and goal from the 17 and indy has to settle for 3 fgs instead of getting at least ONE touchdown....but seriously independence SHOULD have won but they didn't....and franklin beat centennial by 3? and Ravenwood lost to Hillsboro 16-0 or so?....NOT SO IMPOSSIBLE IF YOU ASK ME??

:roflol: IMPOSSIBLE

Franklin will beat Independence by three touchdowns

:roflol:

No way Indy beats the REBELS!

District standings through week 6 (district record):

T-1. Franklin (3-0) 6-1

T-1. Brentwood (3-0) 5-2

T-3. Independence (1-2) 2-4

T-3. Hilsboro (1-2) 2-5

T-5. Ravenwood (1-3) 3-4

T-5. Centennial (1-3) 2-5

Franklin and Brentwood both looked very good in blowout district wins, we are now guranteed that their game on October 29th will be for the district championship (but really all that will be decided is who gets home-field for the 3rd round of the playoffs) . Independence seems to be improving with a shutout victory over an inconsistent Hilsboro team (is their QB still hurt from the Franklin game?). Centennial is still Centennial, and Ravenwood's playoff hopes seemed to be dashed last Friday at Franklin. Predictions? Opinions?

Here's an opinion: it doesn't look like anybody but Franklin and Brentwood deserve to be in the playoffs. The depth in this district has fallen off the charts.

Centennial? - Lawrence County may be good, but 25 point loss after playing Franklin so close?

Ravenwood? - I've heard it wasn't even as close as the 21-7 score indicated.

Independence? - What the heck is going on with their offense? Nothing is going on.

Hillsboro? - Cane Ridge? 2nd year of football?

Franklin may be playing a soft schedule but they are doing what they should do - dominate it (other than Centennial).

Brentwood looks like they have their act together.

Nothing against Franklin, but I did not see this type of season coming after the Smyrna scrimage. Brentwood is two plays away from possibly being undefeated. They are good and getting better. Best thing about the Bruins is that they are as good as they are and have managed to stay under the radar. Franlkin is going to have there hands full in week ten. As far as Indy and R-wood. What in the world has happened to these to programs. Both have either won or atleast played for a state title in the last five years and have quickly taken a down turn. Looks like the playoff teams out of this district will meet up with the 7AAA district to make for the toughest quad in the tourney (Quad 3). Should be fun. Good luck the rest of the way.

Do you really think its a slam dunk that Indy beats Columbia? I mean, I know you BOOKed IT and all but . . .

:thumb: Oh well, you know that happens to G.P. all the time on 104.5. I will try to refrain from saying BOOK IT. So now it looks like Brentwood and Franklin mabybe the only teams from 11-AAA to make the playoffs. :thumb:

:thumb: Oh well, you know that happens to G.P. all the time on 104.5. I will try to refrain from saying BOOK IT. So now it looks like Brentwood and Franklin mabybe the only teams from 11-AAA to make the playoffs. :thumb:

Patience airraid. I've said this once and will say it again. There will be more than just Brentwood and Franklin making it into the playoffs from this district. Four will get in and here is why.

Independence= Their key game is still against LaVergne although 3 wins probably won't get you in. However, wins over LaVergne AND Ravenwood could be enough. I don't see this happening.

Hillsboro= These guys have new life! The win over Cane Ridge was HUGE. This gives them 3 wins and 4 should be enough for the post season. Brentwood should smack them around easily but the game against Centennial in the last week could punch their ticket.

Ravenwood= Their key game will come on Thursday Night Lights. I would not be surprised to see the Raptors hold players out of the Smyrna game to have them ready to go against Independence. I've changed my mind and do believe 4 wins gets this team into the dance.

Centennial= This team suffered a disappointing loss to Lawrence County which would have helped their cause tremendously. However the Cougars still control their own destiny. They MUST win against Columbia to have a shot. I don't believe 3 wins will be enough to advance. IF they win against Columbia, there would be a one game showdown against Hillsboro for a spot in the playoffs.

(I am allowed to change my mind every week right?)

6A

Brentwood-IN

Franklin-IN

Ravenwood-IN

Independence-OUT

5A

Centennial-IN

Hillsboro-OUT

*although this could go either way but one of these two will make it*

Nothing against Franklin, but I did not see this type of season coming after the Smyrna scrimage. Brentwood is two plays away from possibly being undefeated. They are good and getting better. Best thing about the Bruins is that they are as good as they are and have managed to stay under the radar. Franlkin is going to have there hands full in week ten. As far as Indy and R-wood. What in the world has happened to these to programs. Both have either won or atleast played for a state title in the last five years and have quickly taken a down turn. Looks like the playoff teams out of this district will meet up with the 7AAA district to make for the toughest quad in the tourney (Quad 3). Should be fun. Good luck the rest of the way.

That is why it is a scrimage. Our coaches and players are getting better each week and we have a defense that is MEAN and NASTY! I really don't see Brentwood scoring alot of points on our defense so it comes down to our offense which is getting better each week and with the return of Dye then LOOK OUT!