Dyersburg hosts Obion County

justaOCfan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebels, Rebels, where have you been all year Rebels !!!???...

Obion Central played as flawless a first half as may have EVER been played by a Rebel team...

42-0 was the score at half...Wonder how many Trojan teams have been down 42-0 at home at the half ??

The Rebs totaled over 500 yards total offense...Jr. Trey Phipps was 14-16 for 369 yards...Le Devin Fair had over 150 yards rushing..Flawless offensive performance...The Rebs scored on every possession except their final drive when the subs came in...

Final was 48-7 Rebs....

Now to the defense....What a freakin' turnaround !!...They held the Trojans scoreless until the first drive of the second half...

I will say this...Whoever was responsible for the Trojan offensive game plan needs to be fired..I wonder if they even watched film on Obion Central...Didn't run a sweep on the Rebs till they were already down two scores and didn't run a misdirection play till it was probably 28-0..I don't believe they ran a true cross buck all night although they did run an inside trap a couple times....

Like I said before.."Bart Stowe is a fine man but he's not the answer" No offense to OC football but did you ever see the day Dyersburg would lose TWO straight to OCHS..The longer Stowe stays the further we go in the hole..Just the way it is... :(

He did beat em while at Haywood though....

I will say this...Dyersburg was woefully out-coached tonight...They had no clue what to do against Coach Jackson's offense...Basically like going against a scout team...

He did beat em while at Haywood though....

I will say this...Dyersburg was woefully out-coached tonight...They had no clue what to do against Coach Jackson's offense...Basically like going against a scout team...

Stowe had a lot of talent to work with at Haywood but still had a losing record against Dyersburg. That being said, The guy's dad was a great coach, he comes from a football family..But so did the Shula brothers...He's not the answer...Dyersburg needs to go in another direction.

WOW!! OC played just about a perfect game in the 1st half. On "O" they were very, very good. That is more of what I thought this bunch could do, but I don't think anyone saw them putting up those numbers in the 1st half. over 400 yards in the half. And then there is the "Defense", played WELL! solid game...ALL GAME. OC came into this game with their backs against the wall, and responded, big time. Great win, now they must "turn the page", and get ready for a very good Westview team. OC is at home for the first time in a long time, and will have to play well to take down the Chargers. I think many had real questions coming into the D'burg game, as OC was coming off a hard to take loss to Covington, a game the Rebs should have won, and D'burg was coming in off the upset of the year in the District beating Crockett last week. OC is basically in a 4 week play-off to reach the play-offs, and this was round 1. OC answered the bell this week, in a major way. Now guys, Round 2...............Westview.

As always.....GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by VOREBS

Well, I predicted a 4 point win for the Rebels. I never dreamed it would be 41 points. The Rebels looked as sharp as I have seen them this year on both sides of the ball. Dyersburg looked, well, terrible. While I give the Rebels credit for bringing their "A" game, Dyersburg looked as though they were totally blown away by the Rebels. Congrats Rebels!

Stowe had lots of talent at Haywood. He had tons of kids with size and speed. Perhaps he is being exposed where he is now. I just didn't see any fire at all from the Trojans. But those Rebels were fired up from the start. Maybe the Trojans were shocked at how fast OC scored, I just don't know. But the Rebel "D" stepped up big against what was in my opinion a predictable offense fron Dyersburg. Hopefully the Trojans will right their ship.

VOREBS is right. Time to forget this one and get ready for a good Westview team next week. GO REBELS!!!!!!!!