Springfield versus Northwest

Thank you for the compliment. I am not sure how I feel about a new stadium. I like the history that we have where we are BUT parking is horrible. I was envious to say the least when we traveled to Dickson. Their new stadium is state-of-the-art and parking was plentiful. I am torn between honoring the past and moving us to this century. On a side bar about Kenwood, I talked to one of the members of their administration after the game and complimented him on their game plan and execution. He told me that the biggest problem that Kenwood has is that they can't build any continuity because of the fluidity of their student body. Students are constantly moving and changing schools because of the zones. He said that even though they had been a school for 13 years they still haven't gotten that 2nd generation of student/athlete yet. When this happens and the community gets behind them watch out.

Dickson has a great stadium, but it's not new. You talking about the fieldhouse?

Edited by couga14

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickson has a great stadium, but it's not new. You talking about the fieldhouse?

When we played Dickson, a couple of weeks ago, it my was first visit to your stadium. I complimented one of your fans on the lay-out and he told me that it had been remodeled a couple of years ago. I am sorry if I was misinformed. Nonetheless, it is a very nice field and stadium. I always like the bowl effect where you walk in to the top of the bleachers and walk down to the field.

first of all springfield is not in the middle of a district title run, , Henry County will have to lose to Dickson and Rossview, I am sure the Dickson game will be tough and could go either way, however the Rossview game not likely and if HC lost both those games, they still own the tiebreaker with Springfield, IF HC loses its last two then Dickson is outright champs, HC 2nd and Springfield 3rd, If HC beats dickson then HC will be first, Dickson second, and springfield 3rd, no scenario gives springfield a district title.

also there was a comment made that if SPringfield would have cut out the mistakes against Kenwood then they would have won by 14, Is that cutting out just springfields mistakes or those of Kenwood too. At somepoint the springfield fan base needs to learn to give credit to their opponents for some of their short comings. Most turnovers are forced some are not, I think 5 out of the six against Henry coutny were forced, one was a bad snap.

first of all springfield is not in the middle of a district title run, , Henry County will have to lose to Dickson and Rossview, I am sure the Dickson game will be tough and could go either way, however the Rossview game not likely and if HC lost both those games, they still own the tiebreaker with Springfield, IF HC loses its last two then Dickson is outright champs, HC 2nd and Springfield 3rd, If HC beats dickson then HC will be first, Dickson second, and springfield 3rd, no scenario gives springfield a district title.

also there was a comment made that if SPringfield would have cut out the mistakes against Kenwood then they would have won by 14, Is that cutting out just springfields mistakes or those of Kenwood too. At somepoint the springfield fan base needs to learn to give credit to their opponents for some of their short comings. Most turnovers are forced some are not, I think 5 out of the six against Henry coutny were forced, one was a bad snap.

Maybe SF could play HC again and then all this controversey can end one way or the other.

Not sure who you are quoting about if Springfield cut out mistakes we would have won by 14. I started this thread and on all my posts I have given Kenwood credit for a good game plan and even though we won it still felt like a lose to me. We (Springfield Yellow Jackets) need to mature and learn to play discipline football to get better. Now that I am done with that I must ask, "why must all threads become about Henry County" I am new to this and greatly puzzled about this scenario

It might just happen in the playoffs like last year!

Correct if I am wrong, but wouldn't it have to be the second or third round for this to happen. If my memory serves be correctly, last year was a first round game and the plyaoff system has been changed to keep teams from the same district playing each other in the first round or has it?????

Edited by TheCommissioner

Correct if I am wrong, but woulden it have to be the second or third round for this to happen. If my memory serves be correctly, last year was a first round game and the plyaoff system has been changed to keep teams from the same district playing each other in the first round or has it?????

No Commissioner...i don't recall any changes to such a unique situation as we saw last year. You can play a team from your own district if 5 or more teams make it from the same district. I don't know if that's a indicator of how good our district is or how "watered down" the rest of the field is but nonetheless...we had 5 teams in last year. Somehow, I don't see that happening this year but, it is still possible.

Not sure who you are quoting about if Springfield cut out mistakes we would have won by 14. I started this thread and on all my posts I have given Kenwood credit for a good game plan and even though we won it still felt like a lose to me. We (Springfield Yellow Jackets) need to mature and learn to play discipline football to get better. Now that I am done with that I must ask, "why must all threads become about Henry County" I am new to this and greatly puzzled about this scenario

I said it and I stand behind my statement. I also said that KW was much better than I thought they were and was not the best match-up for Springfield. I do believe that SP is 2 scores better than KW on their best days. Also prophet you HERO; I said SP was in the middle of the district title run b/c they are 1-2 games out of 1st. I didnt say it was likely they would win it, just that they were top 3. So I did give KW credit, that point was baseless on your part, and you took the "middle of title run" all out of context, so I will acredit that to you just hearing what you want to hear.....

I said it and I stand behind my statement. I also said that KW was much better than I thought they were and was not the best match-up for Springfield. I do believe that SP is 2 scores better than KW on their best days. Also prophet you HERO; I said SP was in the middle of the district title run b/c they are 1-2 games out of 1st. I didnt say it was likely they would win it, just that they were top 3. So I did give KW credit, that point was baseless on your part, and you took the "middle of title run" all out of context, so I will acredit that to you just hearing what you want to hear.....

Thanks for clear things up and I agree with you on all points. We would also agree that last Thursday wasn't one of our "best days" either. The way I have things figure 3rd will be the highest we will finish; but, wouldn't we take a 8-2 record at the beginning of the year and been happy with it?? I think I am getting a little greedy. :rolleyes:

let me repeat, there is no title run for springfield, they are officially 3rd or worse in the district. The winner of the HC-Dickson game is the district champ and the loser of that game is second, and everybody else is somewhere else. A title run to me means that a team is still in the running for the title, Springfield is not, this is not my opinion but it is a fact, Springfield can not win the district title unless Dickson or HC has to forfeit some of their wins. The run is over for Springfield for the district title, it ended when they lost two consecutive games to HC and Dickson and those two programs got to 6-0 in the district with two games to play. Any ties between springfield and either dickson or HC, will go to either Dickson or HC, no tiebreaker goes to Springfield. Kevin you are not my hero, and I will repeat again for you, Springfield is in no title run, they are in a 3rd place run.

let me repeat, there is no title run for springfield, they are officially 3rd or worse in the district. The winner of the HC-Dickson game is the district champ and the loser of that game is second, and everybody else is somewhere else. A title run to me means that a team is still in the running for the title, Springfield is not, this is not my opinion but it is a fact, Springfield can not win the district title unless Dickson or HC has to forfeit some of their wins. The run is over for Springfield for the district title, it ended when they lost two consecutive games to HC and Dickson and those two programs got to 6-0 in the district with two games to play. Any ties between springfield and either dickson or HC, will go to either Dickson or HC, no tiebreaker goes to Springfield. Kevin you are not my hero, and I will repeat again for you, Springfield is in no title run, they are in a 3rd place run.

Wow, you are just a tool, plain and simple; my point had nothing to do w/ actually winning the district title so why continue to hammer home that point. They "were" in the running b/4 this point in the season which is irelevant b/c I was stating they had no chance after the 1st 3-4 weeks in the previous years. I am sure you will take that out of context as well, but remember it doesnt matter b/c I know very well the situation in the district.....