Westview @ Obion Co

treefitty74

It might be our XP block team that we have :roflol: We blocked 3 more last night against Crockett Co. Our XP block team is the best thing we have going for us right now. See you Black Bear Rebels down in Dyer next week! :roflol:

You remember the score you predicted for this game ??...Pretty dang close...33-21...

Maybe the Rebs will go for two all night long... :roflol:

Isn't that Black Bear thing the stupidest thing you have ever heard ??...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not clock management...Sure you can throw the ball....But when you are on the plus side of the 50 with a lead and your opponent has only one time out and you can pretty much get a first down on the ground anytime you want, why risk the clock stopping on an incomplete pass ??....They only ran about 40 seconds off the game clock and basically gave OC a free possession..Had OC not committed a bad penalty they would have had the ball on their own 30 yard line, which would have been just about their best starting field position all night....

That's elementary clock management you learn in junior high coaching.......Like I said, it worked out but didn't make any sense...

I don't know how you manage the clock in Union City....but where I'm from...we've always been taught that "moving the chains" is the best way to control the clock...and you do that by advancing the ball forward by means of ground or air attack..which ever seems to be working the best at the time! As a matter of fact...Coach Coady is one of those coaches who believes that as well!

ha im tired of all of you obion fans making excuses like yall always do. What i heard in the game is that yall all play cheap....tell me how does the kicker get hit right after he kicks the ball off??...sounds like yall are just out to hurt whoever the best player on the other team is which is real sportsmanship let me tell you.....just get over it Westview beat yall just like i said and move on please :roflol:

ha im tired of all of you obion fans making excuses like yall always do. What i heard in the game is that yall all play cheap....tell me how does the kicker get hit right after he kicks the ball off??...sounds like yall are just out to hurt whoever the best player on the other team is which is real sportsmanship let me tell you.....just get over it Westview beat yall just like i said and move on please :roflol:

If I didn't know any better I would think this is WesCharge. I would probably be offended if this come from anybody but a 12 year old. Seeing as several times OC players picked up Haddad after a tackle and both players slapped each others helmets I don't think there was any unsportrsmanship from either team. Then again I don't know why I'm reasoning with someone like you.

I don't know how you manage the clock in Union City....but where I'm from...we've always been taught that "moving the chains" is the best way to control the clock...and you do that by advancing the ball forward by means of ground or air attack..which ever seems to be working the best at the time! As a matter of fact...Coach Coady is one of those coaches who believes that as well!

Do you just stay in the booster club office and count the program's money on Friday night ???

The way Union City manages the clock is they run the ball...They don't pass very much...

I'm going to go through this one more time, then I'm done...

Westview was moving the ball on the ground, pretty much at will...On a drive in the 4th quarter when they should have been running out the clock with a lead, Coady decided to ditch his run game in favor of trying TWO passes....Both fell incomplete and stopped the clock..The Chargers only ran 40 seconds off the clock....

"What I heard".."Sounds like"..Really ??...You gonna come on here with that ??

If I didn't know any better I would think this is WesCharge. I would probably be offended if this come from anybody but a 12 year old. Seeing as several times OC players picked up Haddad after a tackle and both players slapped each others helmets I don't think there was any unsportrsmanship from either team. Then again I don't know why I'm reasoning with someone like you.

Rebfan, please dont take that post as the true feelings of anyone from the Westview side. I have been a Westview supporter for 30+ years and was certainly there for every second of the game. The only questionable action on the field Friday night was the action coming from the officials. They made some calls that I think we might both agree could have been done without, not to mention the unending conferencing they did that prolonged the game. There was no unsportsmanlike conduct on either side. It was a hard fought game, and we are are pleased that we came away with a win. We respect your program and your players. Best of luck.

Rebfan, please dont take that post as the true feelings of anyone from the Westview side. I have been a Westview supporter for 30+ years and was certainly there for every second of the game. The only questionable action on the field Friday night was the action coming from the officials. They made some calls that I think we might both agree could have been done without, not to mention the unending conferencing they did that prolonged the game. There was no unsportsmanlike conduct on either side. It was a hard fought game, and we are are pleased that we came away with a win. We respect your program and your players. Best of luck.

There was some real head-knocking going on out there....Big boy football...My son's first words out of his mouth when he got home was "54 is a baller"...

I want to take a minute to show my gratitude for some OC kids going out there and playing hurt/injured...Tyler Tankersley ,who is a cancer survivor, not only has dealt with that to get back on the field, has been playing despite a painful foot injury,LaDevin Fair has been playing with a groin injury,Shawn Weaks has been playing with a bad knee,collar bone/shoulder and migraines,Joe Ferguson has played with bad knees his entire career, Stratton Moore has been battling a concussion and Trey Phipps had an automobile accident on Thursday on his way to practice that he is lucky to have walked away from uninjured...Rolled his truck....Seat belts save lives...Dylan Trout will probably have to have surgery on his shoulders at season's end, Lucas Garland had surgery on his shoulder in the off-season and in the very first game he separated it again, Kevin Cumana will more than likely face shoulder surgery in the off-season, Chris Donaldson broke his hand early in the season and has been playing with a cast, big Skylar Hopkins has been playing with a bad shoulder and ankle..There are probably more but I just wanted to let those guys know that I appreciate, and I know all other Rebel fans appreciate, your dedication to the program and sucking it up and playing through the pain...In this day and time when it seems hard to get kids out for football with all the other things going on in their lives and just the simple fact football is a tough sport, mentally AND physically, to play and some kids just don't want to put out the effort, it's refreshing to see some that do...

Come on man get off here acting stupid! That was a uncall for post! Does the kicker get hit right after he kicks off the ball! If he don't run off the he's going to get hit! No cheap shot man it's call football not checkers! <_<