Stewart County vs Waverly

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stewart County needs this one because they do not want to end up 1-2 against the trio of Cheatham County, Montgomery Central, & Waverly Central.

Waverly Central has Stewart County, Cheatham County, & Montgomery Central in their final 3 games.

I know that there is some bad blood between these 2 and I expect this game to go down to the wire and unlike the previous poster believes I don't expect anything to be decided by halftime in this one.......maybe except papatigers beverage of choice at the concession stand :thumb:

Stewart County needs this one because they do not want to end up 1-2 against the trio of Cheatham County, Montgomery Central, & Waverly Central.

Waverly Central has Stewart County, Cheatham County, & Montgomery Central in their final 3 games.

I know that there is some bad blood between these 2 and I expect this game to go down to the wire and unlike the previous poster believes I don't expect anything to be decided by halftime in this one.......maybe except papatigers beverage of choice at the concession stand :thumb:

i don't think there is bad blood just been not so one sided in the past 4 years.

again not speaking for sc fans.this will be a tough game,stay focused rebels.

Thank you ptc. i was about to say the same thing. I believe with the momentum that stewart county has right now, waverly is going to have to get mentally and physically prepared for this one.

Stewart-35

Waverly-13

Good luck to both teams in a hard-nosed football game!!!

This will be an extremely close game perhaps who has the ball last. Anyway, looking for a good time at Dover Friday night. Papatiger is on the way. Howdoitknow2, I'll take water.

This one is gonna be over by halftime no way we lose this one after beating Creekwood and Central! Predictions

I really don't see your analogies lining up. Central is a very improved team. I haven't seen them play but know they are pretty good this year. SC beat Creek Wood by 3 with CW's qb and rb out. Waverly lost to CW with their full compliment of players by 5 early in the year with Waverly misfiring twice in the endzone on the last two plays of the game. This game will be close. Don't forget, papatiger is coming to town. See you there.

In week three Waverly beat McEwen improving to 3-1 and Stewart County lost to Clarksville Academy falling to 1-2. Since that night Waverly is 0-3 and Stewart County is 3-1. Stewart County is tough to beat in Dover and I am sure this is especially the case on homecoming. Waverly needs to fix their problems now before they find themselves out of the playoff picture altogether. I think Waverly is desperate for a win and pulls this one out on the road. Tigers 28-26!

In week three Waverly beat McEwen improving to 3-1 and Stewart County lost to Clarksville Academy falling to 1-2. Since that night Waverly is 0-3 and Stewart County is 3-1. Stewart County is tough to beat in Dover and I am sure this is especially the case on homecoming. Waverly needs to fix their problems now before they find themselves out of the playoff picture altogether. I think Waverly is desperate for a win and pulls this one out on the road. Tigers 28-26!

you want us to lose this week but it aint gonna happen there ain't no way waverly can beat us. its gonna be over by halftime

If Stewart County wants to win this game they have to get pressure on Hale. If he is allowed to step into his throws he is tough. Stewart's objective on defense will be to bring pressure and hope the Tigers are unable to pick it up.

If Waverly Central wants to win this game they have to protect Hale and allow him time because there will be guys running open against the Rebels secondary if he has the time to find them.

If Stewart County wants to win this game they have to get pressure on Hale. If he is allowed to step into his throws he is tough. Stewart's objective on defense will be to bring pressure and hope the Tigers are unable to pick it up.

If Waverly Central wants to win this game they have to protect Hale and allow him time because there will be guys running open against the Rebels secondary if he has the time to find them.

This may come down to who has the least injuries at this time of the season and as the other poster said it will come down to how much SC can pressure the QB. If given a little time it could spell trouble for SC. Hopefully SC can control the ball and limit Waverly's and their QB touches. Look for a close game but I think SC comes out ok in this one.

This one will come down to the wire. Stewart County showed a a a lot of guts when it played Central, and won it in the second half. They are a hard nosed football team. Coach Holiday is a good coach but he is too emotional and he should have been thrown out of the game for a second time this year when he stormed onto the field after Central scored on a controversial played just before half time. (Maybe time expired). He received a unsportsmanlike penalty but also stood over the ball when he argued with the white hat about the play. Are you kidding me? Totally unprofessional and the rules clearly state no coach shall enter the field of play to dispute a call. I hope the Tigers of Waverly can put a whoopin on the Rebels. I wonder if #10 and #22 will play. The Indians put them out of the game last Friday. Should make things easier for the Tigers if they are out. They better stop #20. A great running back. Good luck to both teams. 21-17, Tigers.