Stewart County vs Waverly

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one will come down to the wire. Stewart County showed a a a lot of guts when it played Central, and won it in the second half. They are a hard nosed football team. Coach Holiday is a good coach but he is too emotional and he should have been thrown out of the game for a second time this year when he stormed onto the field after Central scored on a controversial played just before half time. (Maybe time expired). He received a unsportsmanlike penalty but also stood over the ball when he argued with the white hat about the play. Are you kidding me? Totally unprofessional and the rules clearly state no coach shall enter the field of play to dispute a call. I hope the Tigers of Waverly can put a whoopin on the Rebels. I wonder if #10 and #22 will play. The Indians put them out of the game last Friday. Should make things easier for the Tigers if they are out. They better stop #20. A great running back. Good luck to both teams. 21-17, Tigers.

#10 is Skylar Collins and #22 is Mark Young. I thought those 2 (along with #20 Clayton Eaton, #18 Taylor Craig, and #36 Cody Atkins) were Stewart County's playmakers. Without those guys in the lineup the Rebels could be in trouble!

Too bad kids play hard for both teams and officials decide the outcome. This was the worst officiated game that I've ever seen in my 53 years. I begged the coach to send it into the TSSAA. Thought of listing the crew but it won't do any good. They know who they are. Hope they can sleep tonight. I can handle losing but I can't handle referees who call one sided. All you do is cheat kids. What a shame...

And even at that Waverly was going in for the tying score with less than a minute and Waverly's runner ran into his own lineman at the one and fumbled.

I was there and both sides played really hard. If you want to see bad officiating you need to go play in West Tennessee. These refs didn't call one sided an you need to learn to lose with class. I really only saw one thing that the refs missed that should have been called against the Rebels but you know, something like that gets missed every game and it has to be on someone's side. You sir, are a whiner.

Honestly, I've seen some really bad officiating each time we have played at Waverly.

Edited by 80REB

That was some of the most one sided officiating I've ever seen. And yes, I've seen West Tn officiating. Parsons Riverside was bad this year but not nearly as bad as tonight. Let me just name a few missed calls, consistent holding on SC to allow their runner to get the edge, consistent hitting out of bounds, called once, the bogus offensive pass interference against Waverly, (you should of heard the explanation from the ref), the moving of the ball 1 to 2 yds further than it should every time SC ran it, moving it back when Waverly ran it, once Waverly lost a full yard on an incomplete pass. I could go on. No I'm not a whiner, I don't mind losing if it is done on the field without the help of officials. SC played hard as did Waverly, but by no means was that a fairly called game. I feel sorry for the kids and I don't know how that the referees can sleep tonight. If it would do any good the game film would have been turned in for reprocussion.

Obviously it was a game of perspective. Our perspective saw Waverly getting the advantage each time the ball was placed and as I mentioned earlier, they did miss a call on Waverly sideline of a delayed hit but those things DO get missed each time a game is played. The officiating was much better than ANY I have ever seen played at Waverly.

If you think it was that bad, turn it in to TSSAA and see if there are any repercussions but I think you are blinded by your loyalty. That was a really good high school football game and the kids on both sides played hard and somebody has to lose.

As for whether you are a whiner, I've been watching CoachT post for the past 5 years and from my perspective you are a whiner. :)

PAPPA TIGER HAS NEVER SEEN THE TIGERS JUST LOSE A GAME.THE REFEREES DID A FINE JOB TONIGHT AND I AM NOT SAYING THAT B/C WE WON.BOTH TEAMS PLAYED HARD HITTING FOOTBALL ,HATS OFF TO WAVERLY PLAYERS FOR NEVER QUITTING.HATS OFF TO SC FOR FIGHTING TO THE FINISH WITH 2 STARTERS OUT ON OFFENSE TONIGHT.CLAYTON EATON HAD A MONSTER GAME TONIGHT FOR SC HAD OVER 230 YARDS RUSHING.

I would disagree. the officials last night were not very good. Having said that let me also say that for several years now football officiating in Western Middle Tennessee has been very very bad. I do not believe there was intentional cheating, just inability to call a proper game. There were bad calls for both teams. However, I think it is valid to say that the calls that were blown definitely hurt Waverly more. The pass interference penalty against number 3 was bizarre, a great effort by Will while being grabbed by the jersey by the defender and it is called offensive pass interference. This would have gotten the Tigers out from the shadow of their own end zone and a safety would not have happened. The personal foul against #55 while diving for a fumble was a bad call that would have put Stewart in a deep hole on third down. (I really feel the head referee had become angered by all the complaining of poor calls and simply over reacted based on the anger with which he threw the flag down) and finally the touchdown run by Stewart county saw a blantant block in the back to spring the runner. The side judge simply swallowed his flag, but he refused to call anything all night, again I do not think it was cheating just lack of ability of the officials. In a game that is this close blown calls are going to sway things and last night that happened. I do feel having watched several of these officials before that they are in over their head and should be sidelined for a while, but I know that will not happen. Finally, PTC, now for you to say that you thought it was a well called game, I do not believe that. In your coaching days I believe you would have been more than a little upset with last night officiating ( as would I) as matter of fact I think I have witnessed some of that. LOL

Edited by Littlegar