who wins 6a state championship

csa

Maryville ran all over Riverdale as well. Basically did what they wanted.

Yes they did. Basically Coach Q has Coach A's number in 4A and now in 6A! Maryville's play was over the DC head he brought with him from Nasville that is doing nothing but lose as a HC now and the replacement he choose for this year is not much better.

Coach Q has probably one of the best staffs in Tennessee period.

Numbers are not overrated(IMO), the bigger schools will field more competitive teams on average. As far as basketball goes it takes 5 to play, 1 of those to be very talented to dominate. Football requires more players and to dominate, typically more than one above average player. The numbers(population) rise in D7 directly relate to their success. Also it never hurts to be playing closer to home than your opponent, who more than likely has never had travel more than hour to play, but now is traveling 3-4 hours or more. (I believe the majority of state games have been played in the middle in the last 17 yrs.)

I think middle and east TN receive plenty of respect from the west, while the west is often discounted. For some reason, the rest of state believes that WTN districts are weak, while their districts are impossiblly hard. I mean all the districts play the same teams year after year, but because one or another team wins the state from that district does not mean it was the toughest district in the state in any given year. In other words, because you are the best on your street doesn't mean your are the best on every street or that your street is more competitve than any other(year to year). You are still playing your street after all. Logic would tell you this is subjective. It is at the very least 'possible' to have the most competitive district in the state and not even have a state finalist.

Edited by onefortheteam

Just a reminder about the team from the east, Dobyns-Bennett, should finish season undefeated and then use their size and speed to have a good shot at winning the state.

The only team we have played to gauge how good we are has been Farragut. I have no ideal if we have the team to make any noise in the playoffs or not. I think we have as much team speed as anyone so it'll come down to heart and coaching. We'll see how it goes.

The only team we have played to gauge how good we are has been Farragut. I have no ideal if we have the team to make any noise in the playoffs or not. I think we have as much team speed as anyone so it'll come down to heart and coaching. We'll see how it goes.

[/quote

It is hard to compare DB to a middle or west Tn. team without seeing them play or see how they do against the same oponents, but I believe DB has the total package to win it all. We know that for any team to win state everything has to go their way and good teams make that happen. DB has been playing championship style ball all year and no need to stop until they bring the title to East Tennessee.

Hey again owlbooster! You are such a clown. Just know that the F5 offer is on the table for week 0 next year. As for this season, Alcoa would smack MUS square in the face and owl fan couldn't do anything about it.

My thoughts on 6A is that a lot of you are still snack caking Maryville and I still do not get it. Has all of the teams in middle Tennessee gotten that much better? Because Riverdale got hammered by the Rebs in the playoffs last year, and Maryville, for a fact, is better than THEY were last year. I see the east as the "Evil Empire's " to lose

Just my .02.

BTW, Dobbinns Benet is a non- factor. And I misspelled it on purpose.

How DID you and your pals get so insecure? Did your mothers abandon you as children? Still can't get over your perceived "snub" in last year's national polls? Why were you so upset over the greater recognition of another TN team? Aren't we all in the same boat? In my two years here, I have never read a negative word about the Alcoa team (the coach and his scheduling are different matters). Every year they are consensus top 5, if not the best team, in the state. Yet a few of you stay in a constant defensive (and offensive) posture against some delusional attack, "disrespected" by the "haters." And if some BA jerk pissed off you or the Maryville brethren 5 years ago, does that justify your rudeness and hostility toward the present day DII posters and teams? Or have you simply never learned how to disagree respectfully??

No doubt Alcoa and a number of teams would "smack" MUS this year (and probably next year too). So what? They're irrelevant now. They had their 2 years in the limelight. Why are you guys still so obsessed with them? Do you think your bashing elevates people's opinion of you and your team? Think again.

As to the Blount County Bowl, haven't you got that locked up by now, especially with the financial incentives to lure the "chickens" into the fox's den? I don't know who you think I am, but I assure you I am no more than a spectator and that "offer on the table" is misdirected. From what I can foresee, you should direct your efforts around Metro Nashville. They're much closer and more easily lured. Besides, I'm not sure we could "hang" with you next year. In fact, Riverdale and another Rutherford County school would be good (although Riverdale and BA would be tantalizing, there's not much point in playing a DII "girlie" team). BTW, is there any info about the bowl on the net? I googled it and came up with nothing.

I am joining the many who have left the net because of the seemingly endless and largely unfounded rancor. Can't say I wasn't warned 2 years ago. Just know that I, MUS and DII are NOT the enemy. However, there is a legitimate and understandable animosity toward Coach Rankin, especially in Middle TN, because he played such a huge part in the public/private breakup, which nobody in DII wanted and which probably started the breakdown of the TN HS classification system into the mess it is now. Sorry I fell off the high road. Best wishes for the continued future success of the BC teams. As the closest thing to a TN HS football dynasty, I hope Alcoa won't be satisfied with their current schedule and find a way to carry the fight to an elite OOS school some day. You are the logical team to do it.

Edited by owlbooster

Hey again owlbooster! You are such a clown. Just know that the F5 offer is on the table for week 0 next year. As for this season, Alcoa would smack MUS square in the face and owl fan couldn't do anything about it.

My thoughts on 6A is that a lot of you are still snack caking Maryville and I still do not get it. Has all of the teams in middle Tennessee gotten that much better? Because Riverdale got hammered by the Rebs in the playoffs last year, and Maryville, for a fact, is better than THEY were last year. I see the east as the "Evil Empire's " to lose

Just my .02.

BTW, Dobbinns Benet is a non- factor. And I misspelled it on purpose.

Nice to see yall beat MARYVILLE.I bet if yall played NOW yall wouldn't.Stick in your little 2a POWERCLASS.And good luck the rest of the yr.Some of us others WISH we could get RUNOFFS from MARYVILLE like yall do :thumb: Take it easy MARYVILLE WANTABE :roflol: