Sullivan South vs Science Hill

The Hill

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure south folks understand no. 1 but I'm not very good at algebra do you care to explain?

surprised at no. 2 and agree with no. 3.

On # 2: South just has a better feeder program right now. Not enough credit is given these little league coaches and programs. SH may have more raw talent, but SS's is more refined.

On # 1: If I decoded that here, there would be a mass influx of "fans" at the South fieldhouse today resulting in hair pulling, incessant running in circles and spontaneous chanting of "Shut em down", "Shut em down".............

You don't even know me. You think you do but every time you make one of these half baked post you show that you don't. But whatever. I just can't believe I have a South fan that doesn't like me. Is it because we beat you 44-0 in 2006? Or was it the other wins over the past 17 years? Do some research and you might find out who I really am before you die of old age.

Have I ever said that I was from South---YOu don't know me. I know you, but you don't know me. I'm invisible and invincible. I am a legend in your own time and in your own mind.

Oh my gosh. Go crawl back under that southwest virginia rock you crawled out from under. Give me a freakin break. Gate City against DB. Obviously you don't get out much. South versus DB is a rivalry game. Gate City versus DB would be a beatdown of ultimate proportion. Where ever you work, they should send you for a drug test because your definately smokin crack. I remember when Gate City had possibly their best team ever in '98 and they scrimmaged DB. I don't think Gate City even got a first down. That's what would happen this year. Not taking away from their success, but it's a different league. We got too much speed and too many athletes. Grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be just skimming thru the post and not reading them good. I never said that my Devils would beat DB. I simply said that I wish DB and GATE CITY would play. They don't give drug test at the TimesNews.

Toss, you are attempting to present the boards with a querie whose answers are still in the quick, if you will, to Southers. We lost Jake...that was enough to deal with. Then we lost our revered coach, and no matter whether you loved him or abhorred him no one in the South camp will deny that he was revered. And then the South camp was divided on how the aftermath was compiled. It was the common discussion (argument) at the supper table and after church on Sundays. And it produced devistation for the beginning of our 2010 campaign. And irregardless of our divided opinions on how the staff is currently operating, none of us (Southers) can deny that the program is close to where we all felt we had the ability to be at week 0 had Stacy stayed. Sam Haynie had a tough row to hoe but we all will agree that he is scraping his way out of the ashes of which he was born. We will dare not to discuss anything else that would cause trepidation to this program at this juncture. We may be standing on pins and needles and hot coals but our athletes have been empowered with mind over matter and we will not disturb their focus with a discussion such as the one you advocate. So please understand that it is serious business on Pactolus and you need not feel disassociated but merely to not expect a debriefing of the state of the union of the Rebels. But to at least give the 'Toppers the respect of a response, I don't think anyone expects them to be a deer in the headlights Thursday night. Even Dobyns Bennett fans will attend the event. This is one for the ages. :excl:

Toss, you are attempting to present the boards with a querie whose answers are still in the quick, if you will, to Southers. We lost Jake...that was enough to deal with. Then we lost our revered coach, and no matter whether you loved him or abhorred him no one in the South camp will deny that he was revered. And then the South camp was divided on how the aftermath was compiled. It was the common discussion (argument) at the supper table and after church on Sundays. And it produced devistation for the beginning of our 2010 campaign. And irregardless of our divided opinions on how the staff is currently operating, none of us (Southers) can deny that the program is close to where we all felt we had the ability to be at week 0 had Stacy stayed. Sam Haynie had a tough row to hoe but we all will agree that he is scraping his way out of the ashes of which he was born. We will dare not to discuss anything else that would cause trepidation to this program at this juncture. We may be standing on pins and needles and hot coals but our athletes have been empowered with mind over matter and we will not disturb their focus with a discussion such as the one you advocate. So please understand that it is serious business on Pactolus and you need not feel disassociated but merely to not expect a debriefing of the state of the union of the Rebels. But to at least give the 'Toppers the respect of a response, I don't think anyone expects them to be a deer in the headlights Thursday night. Even Dobyns Bennett fans will attend the event. This is one for the ages. :excl:

I look for several DB fans to see the new stadium as well.Much like the DB vs South game last year,when a lot of people came from all around.

To talk football, I think it will be a major undertaking to contain #23. And he is not all they have in the backfield. Not to mention their air game. His speed is well documented and as well respected. If he runs wild the Rebels will suffer. In addition, our secondary has improved with on the job training. Are they ready for the 'Topper air raid? As ready as they will ever be. Stacy is the master of using the pass to set up the run. So we cannot sell out to one or the other. Our largest hope is to get pressure on the QB. But respect has to be given to the 'Topper O line and that won't be an easy task accomplished. In my back seat opinion I think the long ball is our main concern. And not far behind is the return capabilities of the 'topper return corp. I will venture to say that this game will expose a seldom utilized 'Topper weapon and will turn this game into a dogfight. The thing about Carter teams is they are always multi-faceted. I hope for a fairly officiated game with no bad blood left behind.

Fair enough... If no Southers want to disrupt the apple cart then thats fine, I'm sure other fans on this board may have an opinion. One thing you wrote did catch my eye: "SH had a tough roe to hoe/ scraping his way out of the ashes." Are you saying SC left the program in ashes and the garden full of weeds or were there other factors involved?

Fair enough... If no Southers want to disrupt the apple cart then thats fine, I'm sure other fans on this board may have an opinion. One thing you wrote did catch my eye: "SH had a tough roe to hoe/ scraping his way out of the ashes." Are you saying SC left the program in ashes and the garden full of weeds or were there other factors involved?

I don't feel Stacy left the South program with animosity. We wished him the best and were proud to see him make what most in the area felt was a smart decision. We were proud to have been graced by his presence as I feel he was proud of his tenure. But not only did we lose Stacy, as well we lost an equally revered secondary coach. Sam Haynie was left with a high quality stable of athletes. But the prospect of not missing a beat would have been hard for any new coach to adhere to. The Pactolus commnuity would not tolerate anything but success. And after a questionable beginning Sam Haynie and staff were under fire. This is just life. Stacy caused neither failure nor success. But the consequense of his departure along with coach Weston's produced a tough act to follow. And coach Haynie has gone through the fire and his staff along with him in attempting to produce a product comparable with past Rebel warriors. I and I'm sure all Southers feel the Haynie Train is headed in an admirable direction. So to answer your question, no I don't think Stacy left the program in ashes and the garden full of weeds. The other factors involved are factors that would affect any new coaching staff at any program.