Sullivan South vs Science Hill

The Hill

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On # 2: South just has a better feeder program right now. Not enough credit is given these little league coaches and programs. SH may have more raw talent, but SS's is more refined.

On # 1: If I decoded that here, there would be a mass influx of "fans" at the South fieldhouse today resulting in hair pulling, incessant running in circles and spontaneous chanting of "Shut em down", "Shut em down".............

I have a kid that plays for the Junior Vikings that lives across the street from me, and he says that HANDS DOWN the Junior Toppers OBLITERATE EVERYBODY. He said they have two full teams and even the least of the two crushes most every team. That's just what he told me. Does anyone know for sure?

I don't feel Stacy left the South program with animosity. We wished him the best and were proud to see him make what most in the area felt was a smart decision. We were proud to have been graced by his presence as I feel he was proud of his tenure. But not only did we lose Stacy, as well we lost an equally revered secondary coach. Sam Haynie was left with a high quality stable of athletes. But the prospect of not missing a beat would have been hard for any new coach to adhere to. The Pactolus commnuity would not tolerate anything but success. And after a questionable beginning Sam Haynie and staff were under fire. This is just life. Stacy caused neither failure nor success. But the consequense of his departure along with coach Weston's produced a tough act to follow. And coach Haynie has gone through the fire and his staff along with him in attempting to produce a product comparable with past Rebel warriors. I and I'm sure all Southers feel the Haynie Train is headed in an admirable direction. So to answer your question, no I don't think Stacy left the program in ashes and the garden full of weeds. The other factors involved are factors that would affect any new coaching staff at any program.

Good post :thumb: I also agree that Haynie is doing a good job but that Gate City loss still surprises me.

I have a kid that plays for the Junior Vikings that lives across the street from me, and he says that HANDS DOWN the Junior Toppers OBLITERATE EVERYBODY. He said they have two full teams and even the least of the two crushes most every team. That's just what he told me. Does anyone know for sure?

What age Cap? Little bitty kids? 7-9 y/o?

Good post :thumb: I also agree that Haynie is doing a good job but that Gate City loss still surprises me.

Couple all that I said previously with the fact that the 2009 Rebels seniors were comprised almost exclusively of 3 year starters on both sides of the ball. And quite a few of them. Graduation left lots of holes to be filled with talented but inexperienced athletes.

Back to this game, SC is a good coach and loves the kids on his own team no doubt, but that is as far as it goes. I as do all the Raider Faithful remember the last two times North played the Rebels and still remember how he used his starters all through the 3rd 1/4 in games that were never even close.I remember the looks on our boys faces just so he could put up big #s.I as most Raider lovers hope SCs teams never score another point. I don't know Coach Haynie personality but I know his family and they are as good as gold. I would say this is the most important game of Coach Haynies career to this point.A lot of the Rebel followers are not the best losers. If the rebs come to play like they did against the tribe they will beat SH I think. If not I hope SC will at least look outside himself enough to have a little class in winning.GOOD LUCK #1 all the Raiders are pulling for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK REBS SHOW EVERYONE WHAT YOU ARE MADE OF

Guys, I think for the Toppers, it comes down to toughness. In my opinion, we lack overall consistent (physical) toughness and confident mindset. I know the Toppers rolled into Gray THINKING they were going to treat Boone like they treated Crockett. IMO comparing Boone and Crockett is like comparing apples and oranges. And I KNOW coach Carter was preparing them for a dog fight, but for whatever reason the kids thought they would just roll and got punched in the mouth and seemed to not know how to handle it. Yeah, SH has speed, size, athleticism and overall talent. BUT, overall consistent physical toughness and a confident (I'm gonna inflict my will and you can't stop me) mindset they lack or is their weakness.

This is my honest opinion of what's wrong at The Hill. If the Toppers don't come into this game Thursday night in a bad mood and looking to take it out on somebody, the Rebels will whip us. Just being real.

Edited by The Hill

Guys, I think for the Toppers, it comes down to toughness. In my opinion, we lack overall consistent (physical) toughness and confident mindset. I know the Toppers rolled into Gray THINKING they were going to treat Boone like they treated Crockett. IMO comparing Boone and Crockett is like comparing apples and oranges. And I KNOW coach Carter was preparing them for a dog fight, but for whatever reason the kids thought they would just roll and got punched in the mouth and seemed to not know how to handle it. Yeah, SH has speed, size, athleticism and overall talent. BUT, overall consistent physical toughness and a confident (I'm gonna inflict my will and you can't stop me) mindset they lack or is their weakness.

This is my honest opinion of what's wrong at The Hill. If the Toppers don't come into this game Thursday night in a bad mood and looking to take it out on somebody, the Rebels will whip us. Just being real.

Hill, after two losses to 5A schools...we fully well expect the Devil to come out Thursday night. I mean...what Stacy has tried to do with your boys has basically never been done...correct? To build this kind of dedication to excellance takes a while to soak in. I think you have turned the ship around rather admirably. And you have the athletes to compete with most anyone. It's that mental madness that is tough to master. And of course that is what you speak of. So Good luck to your warriors and I hope for no injuries and no bad flags.

Hill, after two losses to 5A schools...we fully well expect the Devil to come out Thursday night. I mean...what Stacy has tried to do with your boys has basically never been done...correct? To build this kind of dedication to excellance takes a while to soak in. I think you have turned the ship around rather admirably. And you have the athletes to compete with most anyone. It's that mental madness that is tough to master. And of course that is what you speak of. So Good luck to your warriors and I hope for no injuries and no bad flags.

Overcoming adversity is what SC teaches and preaches. It is a way of life for the Rebel program. Games against Knox West, Greeneville, Boone, Gate City, and Dobyns-Bennett have prepared the South side for this one. To date, the TSSAA website shows Melrose and South to have the toughest strength of schedule in 5A. The strong grow stronger Thursday night.

REBEL NATION thumb[1].gif

He's in 6th grade... 10-12.

Kingsport has 2 Delta Force teams that compete with others that age Cap, but I only saw the Jr. Toppers on the 7-9 y/o schedule. Some South kids play on Delta Force but it is mostly D-B kids.Most of South's kids that age would be playing in the Sullivan County Optimist League against other kids from Boone,East ,North, Central and D-B. So to answer your question, I don't know who the Jr. Toppers are wearing out. I guess it's all relative to how good their competition is. Besides, you and I both know a team at that age is not a harbinger of greater things to come in a high school program. Pee-wee football is still a lot like fast break basketball at that age. Maybe that's why the Jr. Toppers are so good. :rolleyes: