fatherreb

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what gets whined about more tonight?

The referees

OR

That MHS did not take a knee when the QB went down?

Good point. Maryville doesn't even take a knee when its own player gets hurt. I can not figure out why this is such a big deal to so many fans. Unless the injury is of such a critical nature that everyone needs to pray for a fallen athlete, kneeling actually can cause the legs to cramp. You don't see college or professional athletes kneel every time there is an injury. If a team chooses to kneel, that's ok. If a team chooses not to kneel, that's ok too.

So what gets whined about more tonight?

The referees

OR

That MHS did not take a knee when the QB went down?

Not sure either side will praise the officiating. 2 PI calls on farraguts last possession kept the drive alive and gave them a chance. Afraid to say the pace of some of these 6A games is a bit tough for TSSAA officials to manage anymore.

First I was Amazed at how few fans Farragut brought to the game , seems like for such a big school they would of had 3 or 4 times as many fans .

Maryville won ..... and it wasn't pretty . We really need for some leaders to come forward on this team , it seems like the last 2 weeks Maryville has came out very flat . Offensively we need to quit making mistakes and defensively we need some leaders to step up and set the tone of how we're going to play . Defense came out in the second half fired up and played a lot better ... why do we have to go get a Pep talk at half to get fired up though ? Usually Maryville is improving every game and really starting to put it together by this time of year .... this team isn't . If they want to accomplish their goals they are going to have to get a sense of urgency , and some leaders have to step up and set the tone in practice every day . I heard George on the radio and you could tell he was disappointed and frustrated .

First I was Amazed at how few fans Farragut brought to the game , seems like for such a big school they would of had 3 or 4 times as many fans .

Maryville won ..... and it wasn't pretty . We really need for some leaders to come forward on this team , it seems like the last 2 weeks Maryville has came out very flat . Offensively we need to quit making mistakes and defensively we need some leaders to step up and set the tone of how we're going to play . Defense came out in the second half fired up and played a lot better ... why do we have to go get a Pep talk at half to get fired up though ? Usually Maryville is improving every game and really starting to put it together by this time of year .... this team isn't . If they want to accomplish their goals they are going to have to get a sense of urgency , and some leaders have to step up and set the tone in practice every day . I heard George on the radio and you could tell he was disappointed and frustrated .

i am an oak ridge fan... i wish we could complain about winning our ditrict and being what 7-1 right now? lol just saying... enjoy your success...

i am an oak ridge fan... i wish we could complain about winning our ditrict and being what 7-1 right now? lol just saying... enjoy your success...

My senior year , 78 , Maryville played Heritage , we were supposed to Drill them , well we played a very sloppy game but still won the game 28-0 .... well we were all happy ... till we got on the buses and Coach Don Storey told us he didn't want to hear a word . We watched the film on Sunday and we didn't play near as well as we should have and paid for it at Monday's practice . Oh BTW , we went on and won every game that year , 14-0 State Champions . I'm happy with the win , but I know Coach Quarles and the Maryville Football team set a very high standard for themselves , and I know they expect to play better .

My senior year , 78 , Maryville played Heritage , we were supposed to Drill them , well we played a very sloppy game but still won the game 28-0 .... well we were all happy ... till we got on the buses and Coach Don Storey told us he didn't want to hear a word . We watched the film on Sunday and we didn't play near as well as we should have and paid for it at Monday's practice . Oh BTW , we went on and won every game that year , 14-0 State Champions . I'm happy with the win , but I know Coach Quarles and the Maryville Football team set a very high standard for themselves , and I know they expect to play better .

yes, all im saying is i have been through the great oak ridge years just like your experiencing the great maryville years... you know as well as i do that they dont last forever, thats all im saying..oak ridge has very high standards too as im sure you know, but the bad years roll around it is inevitable... we as humans just tend to take things for granted if we are spoiled with great winning teams though the years.. it is hard watching the team i grew up loving and played for with a great winning tradition like oak ridge has to see where they are now.. i got spoiled over the years, now aint so much fun.

It's always that way with Farragut. At least in my experiences. Even in the playoffs, for the most part, fans just don't travel. Unless of course it's Bearden or Oak Ridge. Plus it is also fall break in knox county yeah? I think that's what they said on the radio. I have no clue. I'm not there.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

One of the Admiral coaches is a friend. Says they fear Cody Rule's injury may be ACL tear. Man, I bleed for him and that team that is now decimated by injury I think he said every starter in the backfield is down. The end of a season is a colossal deal in the world of a high schooler.

Thought the Admirals competed pound for pound as hard as anybody we've played all year. We needed a game with blood in the water near the end of the reg. season to see how we handle adversity and to find or maintain our edge. We got that kind of game, but not sure I want to face the music about our response. Yes we had some circus catches, some great individual efforts (how about Stian Romberg on D?), but you wonder about basic execution,silly penalties, each play getting max effort, etc. Someone may well tell me not to give aid and comfort to the enemy with regard to future opponents. I say, go ahead and be honest or don't say anything. Here's what I'm going to do: cheer louder and harder, encourage the players I know to seize their opportunities, play at potential, and provide authentic leadership to the degree they're able. Finally, remember it is just a game, but one with amazing possibility for teaching us all if we will be good students.

Pep yore exactlee rite....

We stumbled and bumbled and sumhow still won....Eye meen tha easy thangs like gettin a snap iz a chore fer this teem....And our passin' gaim looks toetully out ov sink at times....Cunsistintlee incunsistint....Eye thought tha D played good in tha seccund haif....Butt when'st we haid'em 24-10, tha offence could not close tha deel....A cupple of pass interference calls, a late Farrah-Gut TD and yore then tryin two git a recovery on tha onside....

Eye thank we haiv onlee been farred up and reddy two play onlee a few times this yeer (Alcouh, Beer-Den, and West)....And tha rest ov tha time sum ov tha execution haz ben downrite pittyfull....

GQ sed hit abowt rite in today's Mairvul Misprint....If we don't git bettur and play wif a little bit ov old Rebull spirit, we'll haiv a short playoff run fer shore....

We need sum moe-mintum goin' intwo tha playoffs....Startin' att Will-Yum Blunt Fridee nite....If'un tha don't....We'll bee in anuthur dog fite.....

Any yore exactlee rite abowt leaders....We need sum two show-up now....

Hope Cody Rule is ok..... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Oh come on folks, All of a sudden I am by myself. Go back and look at the Maryville - Farragut game during the regular season. The phantom pass interference call that kept the drive alive for Maryville. The holding calls every time Farragut had a big run. The questionable block in the back on a big kickoff return for Farragut. The blatent non - holding call (it was actually a tackle) on Maryville in the middle of the field that resulted in a Maryville TD. Maryville is well coached and disciplined but they have had help along the way. Farragut on the other hand has always had an attitude of arrogance and the refs usually don't give them a lot of slack. Perception you say...try 20 years of watching local High School ball. I will be at the game to support HS athletics.

ROPE and a stool. :thumb: