Lipscomb vs. CPA

coachrus

CPA at Lipscomb Friday night for the 104.5 game of the week. Both played Goodpasture close with Lipscomb winning by an extra point and CPA losing by an extra point. It will be Lipscomb's running game vs. CPA's passing game. Defense will win this game. Can CPA stop the running game of DL or can DL put pressure on CPA's QB? Should be a good one.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I feel that Lipscomb has a 7 point advantage, but this game could go either way. CPA is always dangerous with their passing attack and Lipscomb is solid on both sides of the ball. However playing at home, being 4A, and winning last year should help Lipscomb just enough to win.

Edited by RicFlare

Right now I feel that Lipscomb has a 7 point advantage, but this game could go either way. CPA is always dangerous with their passing attack and Lipscomb is solid on both sides of the ball. However playing at home, being 4A, and winning last year should help Lipscomb just enough to win.

Lipscomb won last year 13-10 scoring with 38 seconds to go in the game. If I remember correctly the big play in the drive was a pass that all-state saftey Trent Fisher almost intercepted, but the ball went through his hands for a completion and a huge gain for DL. CPA played tough, but DL did what they had to do to win. Always fun to wathc these two team go after it.

These are the types of games CPA over the last 3-4 years have played close but have not been able to win, typically losing by less than a touchdown. If DL can run the ball in the 2nd half, they should win, but it will probably come down to a turnover or special teams play to determine the winner.

Lipscomb is good, but their secondary is not up to par. If CPA can get the ball off and pick on the corner's and the SS and FS they will be in good shape. Lipscomb traditionally has excellent LB's so get the ball out wide and deep, stay away from the middle and make those perimeter guys make tough open field tackles.

These are the types of games CPA over the last 3-4 years have played close but have not been able to win, typically losing by less than a touchdown. If DL can run the ball in the 2nd half, they should win, but it will probably come down to a turnover or special teams play to determine the winner.

CPA at Lipscomb Friday night for the 104.5 game of the week. Both played Goodpasture close with Lipscomb winning by an extra point and CPA losing by an extra point. It will be Lipscomb's running game vs. CPA's passing game. Defense will win this game. Can CPA stop the running game of DL or can DL put pressure on CPA's QB? Should be a good one.

the game will also be on www.cpa.ihigh.com audio and video.

When you give up 21,31,21,20 pts to page,maplewood,overton,goodpasture.... something is not right. Your secondary has to make more plays. They need to come up more and help support the run. Playing in the secondary isn't all about interceptions.. 7 in two games is nice, but secondary isn't your strength it is your DL,LB's that shut down everything that forces a team like Greenbrier out of its run game, and makes them throw the football. And teams like maplewood,stratford, whitescreek can't pass the ball, the only reason maplewood can is because they have far superior athletes then you, but when a well coached CPA team comes in to spread the ball on you they will exploit your weaknesses in the secondary, picking apart your zone coverages. I know I am not a coach but in my opinion if I was a coach for CPA, I would throw the ball all game, and look to exploit Lipscomb's corners, and through the smash and the corner post combo's all day, to put those safties who are in zone coverage in a bind, and the through bubble screen or the now route which would force DLHS to take a LB out of the box, which would then open up their run game alittle more. Lipscomb is good but it will be a tough game.