Lipscomb vs. CPA

coachrus

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just havin' a litte fun C...touchy touchy. :D Yeah...good schedule for CPA. The district games are tough enough. It is a catch 22 under the current format. Do you play up and risk not making the playoffs? It is a tough decision. Lexington -Christian is 6-2...Fort Campbell is 3-5. Both are decent teams...but not qualified as teams you played up to (this year). Goodpasture and DCA are both very good teams.

I think you do what most other teams do. You try to find opponents close by that will bring a good crowd.

We do the same. Sometimes you play whomever you can to fill the schedule.

As for english lesson...I don't think I need it. lol

All in fun, but face it, you know that no public (same division) will respond to an invite to play a private out of district. Especially in the same division. There is a general dislike of D1 privates by the publics, and they don't want them in D1, and they won't play them. So, we have to go to other privates and Kentucky to get games. Or we have to schedule 5AA or 6AA teams (like Goodpasture does)who don't mind playing down.

Would love to see CPA play Camden, SC, Fairview, White House, Greenbrier on a regular basis rather than have to play teams from Kentucky. Woudn't you?

CPA4Ever

All in fun, but face it, you know that no public (same division) will respond to an invite to play a private out of district. Especially in the same division. There is a general dislike of D1 privates by the publics, and they don't want them in D1, and they won't play them. So, we have to go to other privates and Kentucky to get games. Or we have to schedule 5AA or 6AA teams (like Goodpasture does)who don't mind playing down.

Would love to see CPA play Camden, SC, Fairview, White House, Greenbrier on a regular basis rather than have to play teams from Kentucky. Woudn't you?

We have played privates in the recent past in nondistrict games. We almost played CPA this last classification period...but our schedule was already filled when they asked.

We only play two teams in our class out of district. We have to play Gville...and we played two 4a teams. Not sure who we will pick up next time.

Edited by Antwan

C'Mon, give CPA some credit. CPA couldn't stop DL in the 1st quarter, and yes, it could have been 21-0, or at least 13-0 early with the 2 missed FG's. But remember CPA had first down on the 5 and didn't get any points either. So, it could have easily been 21-17 DL or 17-13 CPA at half. Instead it was 10-7. That's football - you can't just move the ball, you have to finish drives. Neither team did that in the 2nd half, but DL got one TD on a short field drive.

CPA shut down the DL run most of the 2nd half. "Could of been a blow out" is like CPA saying they "could of" won if they hadn't thrown 2 INT in the 4th quarter.

Bottom line, DL was probably the better team, but CPA responded to the early dominate rush game, kept their heads up and had a chance to win.

Congrats, DL, should do well in the playoffs. For CPA, this is a great way to prepare for the playoffs despite the loss. And props for playing "up" rather than scheduling patsies.

but if it would of been 21 to 0 in the first cpa would of started to fold

but if it would of been 21 to 0 in the first cpa would of started to fold

This really doesn't deserve a reply, but it seems to me that DL has had its share of losses, especially in state finals, and even to CPA in basketball. Did they "fold"? No, they have a good program with great kids and they kept fighting, just like DL did last Friday, and CPA would have done if it had been down 21-0.

If you were "Legend of 09", you may have been a part of one of the DL teams that lost a big game. Would you say you folded?

This really doesn't deserve a reply, but it seems to me that DL has had its share of losses, especially in state finals, and even to CPA in basketball. Did they "fold"? No, they have a good program with great kids and they kept fighting, just like DL did last Friday, and CPA would have done if it had been down 21-0.

If you were "Legend of 09", you may have been a part of one of the DL teams that lost a big game. Would you say you folded?

Well...I guess you should go ahead and congratulate us now C. Our next year's schedule will include no teams in our class. We have to play our 1a coherts...but the other 4 games will likely be with teams above our class...possibly one 6a team. :D

Well...I guess you should go ahead and congratulate us now C. Our next year's schedule will include no teams in our class. We have to play our 1a coherts...but the other 4 games will likely be with teams above our class...possibly one 6a team. :D

I never had a criticism with SC scheduling, just some comments in the past about the strength of the former region and current district. Of course, I had to eat crow last year. SC has to play Gordonsville as rival, and games with Trousdale (for example) in the past certainly show a willingness to schedule tough ones.

Do you know who the upcoming "play ups" will be? Love to see you guys play Goodpasture in regular season. Would be an awesome matchup.

I never had a criticism with SC scheduling, just some comments in the past about the strength of the former region and current district. Of course, I had to eat crow last year. SC has to play Gordonsville as rival, and games with Trousdale (for example) in the past certainly show a willingness to schedule tough ones.

Do you know who the upcoming "play ups" will be? Love to see you guys play Goodpasture in regular season. Would be an awesome matchup.

I do know...but would rather not say now...nothing finalized. We were in the same region with GP & DL not many years ago. The problem with privates is that most don't travel well.

We can get much bigger gates with White House...Macon...and the other teams we will end up playiing. Let's just say it will be a couple of tough games for a small school like us.

well when cpa wins 40 games in three years you can get back to me