Lipscomb vs. CPA

coachrus

I eat my words... Nice Game Lipscomb

When you give up 21,31,21,20 pts to page,maplewood,overton,goodpasture.... something is not right. Your secondary has to make more plays. They need to come up more and help support the run. Playing in the secondary isn't all about interceptions.. 7 in two games is nice, but secondary isn't your strength it is your DL,LB's that shut down everything that forces a team like Greenbrier out of its run game, and makes them throw the football. And teams like maplewood,stratford, whitescreek can't pass the ball, the only reason maplewood can is because they have far superior athletes then you, but when a well coached CPA team comes in to spread the ball on you they will exploit your weaknesses in the secondary, picking apart your zone coverages. I know I am not a coach but in my opinion if I was a coach for CPA, I would throw the ball all game, and look to exploit Lipscomb's corners, and through the smash and the corner post combo's all day, to put those safties who are in zone coverage in a bind, and the through bubble screen or the now route which would force DLHS to take a LB out of the box, which would then open up their run game alittle more. Lipscomb is good but it will be a tough game.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA at Lipscomb Friday night for the 104.5 game of the week. Both played Goodpasture close with Lipscomb winning by an extra point and CPA losing by an extra point. It will be Lipscomb's running game vs. CPA's passing game. Defense will win this game. Can CPA stop the running game of DL or can DL put pressure on CPA's QB? Should be a good one.

this game could of been a blow out if lipscomb could of finished some drives early. DL wins 14-10

this game could of been a blow out if lipscomb could of finished some drives early. DL wins 14-10

C'Mon, give CPA some credit. CPA couldn't stop DL in the 1st quarter, and yes, it could have been 21-0, or at least 13-0 early with the 2 missed FG's. But remember CPA had first down on the 5 and didn't get any points either. So, it could have easily been 21-17 DL or 17-13 CPA at half. Instead it was 10-7. That's football - you can't just move the ball, you have to finish drives. Neither team did that in the 2nd half, but DL got one TD on a short field drive.

CPA shut down the DL run most of the 2nd half. "Could of been a blow out" is like CPA saying they "could of" won if they hadn't thrown 2 INT in the 4th quarter.

Bottom line, DL was probably the better team, but CPA responded to the early dominate rush game, kept their heads up and had a chance to win.

Congrats, DL, should do well in the playoffs. For CPA, this is a great way to prepare for the playoffs despite the loss. And props for playing "up" rather than scheduling patsies.

Edited by CPA4Ever

C'Mon, give CPA some credit. CPA couldn't stop DL in the 1st quarter, and yes, it could have been 21-0, or at least 13-0 early with the 2 missed FG's. But remember CPA had first down on the 5 and didn't get any points either. So, it could have easily been 21-17 DL or 17-13 CPA at half. Instead it was 10-7. That's football - you can't just move the ball, you have to finish drives. Neither team did that in the 2nd half, but DL got one TD on a short field drive.

CPA shut down the DL run most of the 2nd half. "Could of been a blow out" is like CPA saying they "could of" won if they hadn't thrown 2 INT in the 4th quarter.

Bottom line, DL was probably the better team, but CPA responded to the early dominate rush game, kept their heads up and had a chance to win.

Congrats, DL, should do well in the playoffs. For CPA, this is a great way to prepare for the playoffs despite the loss. And props for playing "up" rather than scheduling patsies.

• Upvote 1

Breaking News! -David Lipscomb defeated CPA to claim the Golden Plunger on 104.5 the zone. Does the game even matter anymore?

Matt: just curious about your question as to whether the game matters. Why wouldn't it? I know DL is 4A and CPA 3A, but they are in the same district and the way the playoffs are decided, doesn't every game matter? That plus DL vs CPA has turned into a great, great rivalry for both schools in just about every sport.

Please explain.

Matt: just curious about your question as to whether the game matters. Why wouldn't it? I know DL is 4A and CPA 3A, but they are in the same district and the way the playoffs are decided, doesn't every game matter? That plus DL vs CPA has turned into a great, great rivalry for both schools in just about every sport.

Please explain.

Doctorno - I think Matt was referring to the trivia contest that a group of DL students won over a group of CPA students that was broadcast on 104.5. The prize was the Golden Plunger trophy. Team captain Keith Smith led the DL team to victory.

Please explain.

I was totally kidding. Sorry if you didn't catch the sarcasm. The football game was obviously the only big deal. I watched the game online from knoxville and was rooting for CPA. Congrats on a big win to Lipscomb.

Yeah...it is really easy to schedule up when they are in your district... :D

Yeah...it is really easy to schedule up when they are in your district... :D

English lesson: The word "and" can gramatically imply a new thought, and doesn't necessarily refer to the Lipscomb game. In this case, it refers to the season where they played 2 tradionally good Kentucky teams, a perennially above average team in DCA, and an always good Goodpasture team. You can't resist a dig at me, can you Antwan, even when you have to stretch to do it? ;)

English lesson: The word "and" can gramatically imply a new thought, and doesn't necessarily refer to the Lipscomb game. In this case, it refers to the season where they played 2 tradionally good Kentucky teams, a perennially above average team in DCA, and an always good Goodpasture team. You can't resist a dig at me, can you Antwan, even when you have to stretch to do it? ;)

Just havin' a litte fun C...touchy touchy. :D Yeah...good schedule for CPA. The district games are tough enough. It is a catch 22 under the current format. Do you play up and risk not making the playoffs? It is a tough decision. Lexington -Christian is 6-2...Fort Campbell is 3-5. Both are decent teams...but not qualified as teams you played up to (this year). Goodpasture and DCA are both very good teams.

I think you do what most other teams do. You try to find opponents close by that will bring a good crowd.

We do the same. Sometimes you play whomever you can to fill the schedule.

As for english lesson...I don't think I need it. lol

Edited by Antwan