Top 5 fastest players in south pittsburg History

Geno

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A legend like myself naturally always has kept up with the speed burners of the Sequatchie Valley. The young lad named Pickett was hands down the fastest young lad I ever saw in the orange and black. Another young lad I remember was Bo Haden. Someone mentioned Zalmer Chubb, but I don't think he had the same streaking speed as some other young lads. Bibbs was another young lad I saw that was really fast. I remember the Tipton young lsd from the mid 90's. He was in the speed window of a Eric Westmoreland. I would venture to say that the Tipton boy was quicker rather than a straight burner. The Hutchins young lad from the 90's was probably the closest thing to Pickett you people have ever had. The 40 time is how football speed is measured. These 100 meter dash times are not nearly as important. You mentioned one young lad on this thread named Scott? I have never heard of this young lad. If be was on a team I apologize for not remembering. I remember all of the young lads that were the battle tested ones and I don't remember that name.

A legend like myself naturally always has kept up with the speed burners of the Sequatchie Valley. The young lad named Pickett was hands down the fastest young lad I ever saw in the orange and black. Another young lad I remember was Bo Haden. Someone mentioned Zalmer Chubb, but I don't think he had the same streaking speed as some other young lads. Bibbs was another young lad I saw that was really fast. I remember the Tipton young lsd from the mid 90's. He was in the speed window of a Eric Westmoreland. I would venture to say that the Tipton boy was quicker rather than a straight burner. The Hutchins young lad from the 90's was probably the closest thing to Pickett you people have ever had.

The 40 time is how football speed is measured. These 100 meter dash times are not nearly as important. You mentioned one young lad on this thread named Scott? I have never

heard of this young lad. If be was on a team I apologize for not remembering. I remember

all of the young lads that were the battle tested ones and I don't remember that name.

Legend Scott was on 94 Team...He was a special teams ace and was a backup to Beavers and Case and I think even Tipton some...He had tremendous straightaway speed especially for a white guy....He was def one of fastest guys on team but I would have to see it with my own eyes as far as being faster than Perry..

Pick the 5 fastest that played against us Rebels in '07 at Cookville!!!! If there have been any faster than them they need to be registered with the FAA and put the numbers down their fusilage!!!!

Those guys were slow compared to some of the guys we have been discussing. :mrgreen:

Sam Picket returned a punt against Moore County and went by the punter while he was still in his follow through. :roflol:

Those guys were slow compared to some of the guys we have been discussing. :mrgreen:

Sam Picket returned a punt against Moore County and went by the punter while he was still in his follow through. :roflol:

Oh Please!!!!!! :roflol::thumb:

But good one. I needed that laugh!!!!

But, I'll concede that Pickett surely must have been a burner.

PS--

There is this kid over here on the west end named Jabriel Washington from TCA that won't take a back seat to anybody. He's committed to Alabama as a DB. He's so fast he scares me in the stands!!!

Edited by duckman38201

The 2007 South Pittsburg team had the Bibbs kid and Weatherspoon kid that were pretty fast. I believe Bibbs was #1 and Weatherspoon was #21. That is really the only two FAST kids SP had that season. #24 was a BIG runningback, but he barely ran a 4.8 forty. I believe the Johnson kid they have now that wears #2 might end up being the fastest to ever play for SP. He is a sophomore now and is pretty fast.

The 2007 South Pittsburg team had the Bibbs kid and Weatherspoon kid that were pretty fast. I believe Bibbs was #1 and Weatherspoon was #21. That is really the only two FAST kids SP had that season. #24 was a BIG runningback, but he barely ran a 4.8 forty. I believe the Johnson kid they have now that wears #2 might end up being the fastest to ever play for SP. He is a sophomore now and is pretty fast.

You are so correct about that Johnson kid #2. Check this stat out for a Sophomore: 25 touches for almost 500 yards and 10 touchdowns. This kid has blazing speed and his yards after catch are breathtaking.-------HowiePirate---Class of 1985! Go Pirates!

I guess we saw a lot of those two then!!! Barely a 4.8 for #24, gosh, he must have been a porker!!! :roflol: But, honestly, this Washington kid from TCA sets the grass on fire behind him. Guess that's why 'Bama wants him. Based on my experience though the SPitt kid named Pickett was likely faster. Where did he end up at?

I guess we saw a lot of those two then!!! Barely a 4.8 for #24, gosh, he must have been a porker!!! :roflol: But, honestly, this Washington kid from TCA sets the grass on fire behind him. Guess that's why 'Bama wants him. Based on my experience though the SPitt kid named Pickett was likely faster. Where did he end up at?

Played in East/West all-star game and was MVP...Had bad grades and didn't have heart to go Juco route....Great guy that made bad decisions and tried to go the easy way out a few years after high school...Sad to say but he is in pin stripes now and he don't play for the Yankees...

On another note I honestly think #2 and #6 will end up possibly being the best one two punch that's ever came through the school...Yes and TrainTracks is including The Moore/Pickett show...IF hard work is put in both these kids will be special....Neither will be as big as Moore as he was a man amongst boys on the field but both are already elusive and both will have size to do great things after high school....Like always just depends on how bad they want it and keep there head on straight

Oh and one u forgot Ambassador from 2007 is D Jones....He ran a 4.5- 4.6 his JR year and had plenty of speed...Pretty sure he cut on a dime and scored from about 30-40 out during state game against McKenzie...We also had Mitchell who was another who ran a 4.6 so we had four guys that were all in that speed range then the bruiser in Robinson