Top 5 fastest players in south pittsburg History

Geno

Those guys were slow compared to some of the guys we have been discussing. :mrgreen:

Sam Picket returned a punt against Moore County and went by the punter while he was still in his follow through. :roflol:

Lol this is endulged a little but the scary thing is is that it's fairly accurate....Correct me if I'm wrong from bitterness but I'm thinking it was a Shanked punt that went about 15 yards and Pickett caught it stride and by the time the punter had came down and realized he Shanked it Pickett was already going by him...Yes he had blazing speed...Didn't Pickett also set state record for 6 touchdowns in the Champ game?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that 2000 team was fastest i ever heard about. they chickened out of showing up for there whipping at sunbright for the playofs so fast we didnt know who we were going to play. they were really fast and i bet they would have been even faster going back home after we would have whipped them.

Why would a team be scared to play Sunbright when the year before that we beat you all 76-10? Let me repeat that 76-10. Your team is a embarrassment to the state of Tennessee. 76-10 in 1999 but you would have whooped us in 2000? :roflol: Wait one more time. 76-10 :roflol:

Edited by NoCompetition2

Lol this is endulged a little but the scary thing is is that it's fairly accurate....Correct me if I'm wrong from bitterness but I'm thinking it was a Shanked punt that went about 15 yards and Pickett caught it stride and by the time the punter had came down and realized he Shanked it Pickett was already going by him...Yes he had blazing speed...Didn't Pickett also set state record for 6 touchdowns in the Champ game?

Sam set the record. You are correct sir. :thumb:

That is in fact the play I'm referring to! :thumb:

SP has had some very fast guys for their time/era. Johnny Sisco and Carl Lehr were very fast mid to late 80's. Early 90's was Perry Hutchins. Even Starkey was fast for a QB. I really can't remember too many years there wasn't a fast back at SP :?: Bibbs was very fast. Guys like Corey Tipton, Macho Greene, Weatherspoon, and this year's D. Johnson are all deceivingly fast. Sometimes it looks like they are in slow motion, but no one seems to be able to touch them. D. Jones was fast in the open field as well.

But I believe my "pick" would go to Sam Pickett. Anyone that can outrun a dog that is trained to chase people down....... is FAST!! (true story)

SP has had some very fast guys for their time/era. Johnny Sisco and Carl Lehr were very fast mid to late 80's. Early 90's was Perry Hutchins. Even Starkey was fast for a QB. I really can't remember too many years there wasn't a fast back at SP :?: Bibbs was very fast. Guys like Corey Tipton, Macho Greene, Weatherspoon, and this year's D. Johnson are all deceivingly fast. Sometimes it looks like they are in slow motion, but no one seems to be able to touch them. D. Jones was fast in the open field as well.

But I believe my "pick" would go to Sam Pickett. Anyone that can outrun a dog that is trained to chase people down....... is FAST!! (true story)

You mean racing a dog in the 50 yard dash? Your joking. I have never seen Grider make dogs race these boys to make them faster in the 50 yard dash. If anything Grider should be making these boys chase chickens to make them real quick. You think im joking but im not.

You mean racing a dog in the 50 yard dash? Your joking. I have never seen Grider make dogs race these boys to make them faster in the 50 yard dash. If anything Grider should be making these boys chase chickens to make them real quick. You think im joking but im not.

Why to you think Grider was tying pork chops around their necks? It was so those boys would run real fast and not quit before they crossed the line before the dogs. You think I'm joking but I'm not.

SP has had some very fast guys for their time/era. Johnny Sisco and Carl Lehr were very fast mid to late 80's. Early 90's was Perry Hutchins. Even Starkey was fast for a QB. I really can't remember too many years there wasn't a fast back at SP :?: Bibbs was very fast. Guys like Corey Tipton, Macho Greene, Weatherspoon, and this year's D. Johnson are all deceivingly fast. Sometimes it looks like

they are in slow motion, but no one seems to be able to

touch them. D. Jones was fast in the open field as well.

But I believe my "pick" would go to Sam Pickett. Anyone

that can outrun a dog that is trained to chase people

down....... is FAST!! (true story)

Lol well ol TrainTracks never heard this.... Guess that was after his football days running from the boys n blue... Not suprising though... It was almost as if he ran just fast enough to beat who he was racing...

Why to you think Grider was tying pork chops around their necks? It was so those boys would run real fast and not quit before they crossed the line before the dogs. You think I'm joking but I'm not.

Tommorrow night, Polk County will be chasing after some porkchops they will never catch. My top five fastest players in SP history: any five players form SP that go at Polk County at any given time.-------HowiePirate---"YOU CAN'T STOP WHAT YOU CAN'T SEE"