Greenbrier @ Westmoreland 10-15-10

mancoverage

ogor,

Cowards exist in every walk of life, but sometimes it's magnified in sports (if you'll look at the film close enough you'll also see where their #75 cheap-shotted your own son WAY after the whistle on a play late in the game; of course, he responded...after he got up...but then, as usual and as he has been raised and coached, he walked away; smart and classy...and yes, what goes around usually comes back around, so...'heads-up,' 75).

Treavor Thaxton is just another in a long line of unbelievable football players for Greenbrier. Just an athlete! SO sorry to hear about another heartbreaking injury for him. I wish some college(s) would see his 'upside.'

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ogor,

Cowards exist in every walk of life, but sometimes it's magnified in sports (if you'll look at the film close enough you'll also see where their #75 cheap-shotted your own son WAY after the whistle on a play late in the game; of course, he responded...after he got up...but then, as usual and as he has been raised and coached, he walked away; smart and classy...and yes, what goes around usually comes back around, so...'heads-up,' 75).

Treavor Thaxton is just another in a long line of unbelievable football players for Greenbrier. Just an athlete! SO sorry to hear about another heartbreaking injury for him. I wish some college(s) would see his 'upside.'

It sounds as if Thaxton is a special person, on and off the field. I hate to hear he was injured and I know the team will "play up" with him being out. Last year, we here in Smith County, had the same experience GB had last Friday night. You will bounce back.

I agree completely about the team being flat, but there was an exception to this. #4, Senior Captain and leader of the Bobcat Team, did everything he could to motivate this team. He was all over the field on Defense and showed what we have been missing (suffering from turf toe)all year in the backfield when he took us down to the red zone and caught the TD to send the game into overtime.

I have the video clip of #68 for Westmoreland doing a double foot stomp(Haynesworth style) on our #4's hand at the end of a play. #4, Treavor Thaxton is now out with a season ending injury (suffered eight fractures in his hand)because of this players actions. Thaxton has been an anchor on this team for a long time, and I really hated to see this happen to him. :angry:

Enjoy the week off -

Let's take it to GP next week and get ready for the playoffs!

1st i've read of this.. NOT GOOD! hope the best for this young man

:roflol: Your right. I was too busy filming the game to watch it :roflol:

I watched it again on film, and I still have the same opinion. :popcorneater:

Line play and special teams was the difference in the game, and anyone there would agree. Our field position was bad, we could not move the ball, and we could not contain their QB, who touched the ball 24 times for 150 yards.

well thats your opinion

as our coaches disagreed with that when film was being watched

the problem containing their qb was our linebackers fault. if u go back and watch the film they were talking people who didnt have to ball, and they were told not to touch them.

I guess everyone is a pretender that doesn't win the last game in Cookeville.

If you say so buddy. I said that because they have lost 2 straight games one to a defeated team and are going on 3 staight. Im not putting them down its just they have been overrated all year and were ranked 5th in 4AA and lost to the worst team in 3AA according to thier record. PRETENDER

If you say so buddy. I said that because they have lost 2 straight games one to a defeated team and are going on 3 staight. Im not putting them down its just they have been overrated all year and were ranked 5th in 4AA and lost to the worst team in 3AA according to thier record. PRETENDER

The Bobcats losing to a defeated team in high school is about the equivalent of Michigan losing to Appalachain St a few years back. A Nat'l powerhouse (used to be) losing to an FCS school is embarrasing :roflol: but I do give props to Westmoreland for playing a great game... except for the kid going Albert Haynesworth on Thaxton's hand... That is just ridiculous and uncalled for. I expect the bobcats to learn from this and come out next friday and play a good game against Goodpasture

Edited by soulsurvivor34

after a tough loss to westmoreland I expect bobcats to come out and win against goodpasture. they are the underdog yes and people think they suck cause the lost to westmoreland but I dont think that fall break didnt play a factor who know but I say if they played them again they would win by quiet a lot. I look for them to come out and play true greenbrier football against goodpasture!!!!!

If #75 "cheap shotted" someone it must have been on the side line. He hasn't dressed all year. Not sure why, just remember seeing him on the sideline. I missed the "double foot stomp". Greenbrier seems to be a classy program with classy coaches and fans.

I clearly saw #68 stomp two or three times on Thaxton's hand. Greenbrier is classy and Westmoreland is dirty. Or at least they were last friday. :angry:

Edited by soulsurvivor34

So you're sure that you watched the whole game and Greenbrier did nothing dirty? I think that's a little stupid to say. And you're sure the kid wasn't holding his foot? I mean I am pretty sure no coach would tell any player to stomp on a kid's hand or any part of their body. And to call Westmoreland a dirty program is going over-the-top.

As big as your win was against White House, you took two steps back with the loss at home against Westmoreland! Yes, you will still finish higher than WH but we beat the Eagles 41-6!! Good luck against Goodpasture. I still like BDP chances agaisnt Greenbrier in the playoffs!!

If y'all can even get to the playoffs hahah good luck with that one you guys were to come back to our house again I could promise you the same result