Greenbrier @ Westmoreland 10-15-10

mancoverage

As big as your win was against White House, you took two steps back with the loss at home against Westmoreland! Yes, you will still finish higher than WH but we beat the Eagles 41-6!! Good luck against Goodpasture. I still like BDP chances agaisnt Greenbrier in the playoffs!!

Not that it matters, and I am sure the quads could and will change again on Tuesday, but Whouse is in quad 2 (at the bottom) and Greenbrier is in quad 3. Don't ask me why we are in seperate quads. Here is the link for ya:

TSSAA Playoff Picture

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the line really? obviously u didnt watch the game cause it was not the lines fault

:roflol: Your right. I was too busy filming the game to watch it :roflol:

I watched it again on film, and I still have the same opinion. :popcorneater:

Line play and special teams was the difference in the game, and anyone there would agree. Our field position was bad, we could not move the ball, and we could not contain their QB, who touched the ball 24 times for 150 yards.

Even though the truth hurts, it's still the truth! Westmoreland was VERY well prepared for us and certainly came to play.

This was a TOTAL team failure: Players AND coaches. We were flat, not prepared and had absolutely NO spirit! Their QB and their O-line ate our lunch...and watchin' film wouldn't tell you any more than you already know, if you're honest.

Use this week to suck it up, get ready for GP (don't lose this game BEFORE steppin' on the field) and finish strong!

5 Sport, there have only been a handfull of games that I've been to of Greenbrier's that I've had the gut-feeling that I had from the kickoff like I did the other night. I agree totally on there being NO spirit coming from those guys. They went thru the ritual coming onto the field but I could see it from the get-go. Once that punt was blocked and Westmoreland recovered, it was like the air was sucked out of the Bobcats. They came out flat and played without heart.

I do think that Fall Break and pregame celebrations can get a team out of sync. That along with Westmoreland WANTED that game bad, and it was like the coaches didn't know how to contain Colley. I could call the QB keeper from the stands.

These guys have lost 2 in a row now and the big one is coming. They have GOT to get their heads back into the game next week and the Bobcat coaches need to be studying the film and get Green ready. I'd like to see the last game be their best of the season.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

5 Sport, there have only been a handfull of games that I've been to of Greenbrier's that I've had the gut-feeling that I had from the kickoff like I did the other night. I agree totally on there being NO spirit coming from those guys. They went thru the ritual coming onto the field but I could see it from the get-go. Once that punt was blocked and Westmoreland recovered, it was like the air was sucked out of the Bobcats. They came out flat and played without heart.

I do think that Fall Break and pregame celebrations can get a team out of sync. That along with Westmoreland WANTED that game bad, and it was like the coaches didn't know how to contain Colley. I could call the QB keeper from the stands.

These guys have lost 2 in a row now and the big one is coming. They have GOT to get their heads back into the game next week and the Bobcat coaches need to be studying the film and get Green ready. I'd like to see the last game be their best of the season.

I agree completely about the team being flat, but there was an exception to this. #4, Senior Captain and leader of the Bobcat Team, did everything he could to motivate this team. He was all over the field on Defense and showed what we have been missing (suffering from turf toe)all year in the backfield when he took us down to the red zone and caught the TD to send the game into overtime.

I have the video clip of #68 for Westmoreland doing a double foot stomp(Haynesworth style) on our #4's hand at the end of a play. #4, Treavor Thaxton is now out with a season ending injury (suffered eight fractures in his hand)because of this players actions. Thaxton has been an anchor on this team for a long time, and I really hated to see this happen to him. :angry:

Enjoy the week off -

Let's take it to GP next week and get ready for the playoffs!

I agree completely about the team being flat, but there was an exception to this. #4, Senior Captain and leader of the Bobcat Team, did everything he could to motivate this team. He was all over the field on Defense and showed what we have been missing (suffering from turf toe)all year in the backfield when he took us down to the red zone and caught the TD to send the game into overtime.

I have the video clip of #68 for Westmoreland doing a double foot stomp(Haynesworth style) on our #4's hand at the end of a play. #4, Treavor Thaxton is now out with a season ending injury (suffered eight fractures in his hand)because of this players actions. Thaxton has been an anchor on this team for a long time, and I really hated to see this happen to him. :angry:

Enjoy the week off -

I guess I should have singled out Treavor because I did see his continued effort. I hate that this has happened to him because he does bring spirit to the team. I really think the TSSAA should boot a kid that follows Haynesworth's style. Somewhere along the line, Karma comes knocking.

Go Bobcats!

Enjoy the week off -

Sorry to hear about Thaxton, especially it being his Sr. year! It doesn't suprise me that something like that happened. Westy has known to be a little chippy at times. I have gotten to know Coach Kelly a little over the past few years, and I just can't see him condoning that type of behavior. Best of luck to Treavor....heres to a speedy recovery. :thumb:

Now take every advantage of this off week and right the ship. :thumb: