South Pitt at Polk County

PittsburgLegend

Both teams better be ready to play.SP for awhile tonite played very uninspired at times. A few turnovers against a sorry LV team and our first unit D gave up a little more on the ground than they should have but I guess 61-20 isn't so bad. The second team did play all of the second half and the offense looked good but lv's first team whipped our second team D just plain and simple. If SP goes into Polk like they did tonite,well it could be a long ride home but I look for the Pirate's to play up to the competition. I belive both teams will be all fired up and for it to be like the Signal game this year with the game on the line late in the fourth quarter. I look forward to the game and I hope somebody from Polk can give good direstion's to the stadium and tell us what time it start's.

I have a feeling the directions wont be the problem. It will be how long it takes to get there that might stop me from going to this game, and just listening to it on WEPG.

Edited by NoCompetition2

Where's Powerp and has he got that crow taste outta his mouth yet? :shock:

I am here man no worries..just got back to Lebanon from Gordonsville...This will be a real tough game for the Pirates..It will really tell me alot about what they are made of..You know Polk will come right at you..should be a good game...Playing at Polk County will be a challenge but its nothing are boys are not ready for I don't think...It should definitily be a fun game to watch...will be glad to be surrounded by the orange and black again next week :thumb:

Both teams better be ready to play.SP for awhile tonite played very uninspired at times. A few turnovers against a sorry LV team and our first unit D gave up a little more on the ground than they should have but I guess 61-20 isn't so bad. The second team did play all of the second half and the offense looked good but lv's first team whipped our second team D just plain and simple. If SP goes into Polk like they did tonite,well it could be a long ride home but I look for the Pirate's to play up to the competition. I belive both teams will be all fired up and for it to be like the Signal game this year with the game on the line late in the fourth quarter. I look forward to the game and I hope somebody from Polk can give good direstion's to the stadium and tell us what time it start's.

Directions to the stadium: Take I 75 N to exit 20 take a right off the exit, then exit onto US64 east then exit onto US411 N (watch your speed at the intersection,construction) stay on 411 till you come to the school on your right approximatily 2 miles PAST Benton.

I love S.P. but I have zero coinfidence that they beat Polk. Polk came in last year and took it to us. It took S.P. one half to wake up and then it was too late. Polk by 14

Old Pirate says this version of the Pirates will have ther hands full. Jest not sure theys are prepared for the smash mouth futeball that we are sure to see in Polk. As OP has stated many times, the fellers are men and the goats are skeerd in Polk. The point here theys likes a challenge. :roflol: Figure them Wildcats will exploit the Pirate's pass defense that will open the run game. The Pirates while so far have been pretty balanced will have to do something theys NOT done all year, prevent turnovers. That said OP ain't sure theys can do it, don't figure enough time has been spent on taking care of the football. Recon us skillet heads learn to protect after a few skillet attacks, leastways for a short time. If the Pirates turn the ball over as they have in big games in the last several years, theys lose by 10 points.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

The halves won't be as lop-sided as last year in this one. I think we have to utilize our play-makers in every phase of this game to win. I think possession time will go to Polk, but it will go back and forth. It wouldn't shock me if this game ends in a 0-0 tie at the end of regulation. Either way, I think it will be a 1 possibly 2 TD game. I believe this team clicks in different ways (better) than last year's. Then again they do tend to start out flat. Polk will be big and physical, but IMO won't be on the same level as Signal Mtn and we should have beaten them.

SP wins by 7

The halves won't be as lop-sided as last year in this one. I think we have to utilize our play-makers in every phase of this game to win. I think possession time will go to Polk, but it will go back and forth. It wouldn't shock me if this game ends in a 0-0 tie at the end of regulation. Either way, I think it will be a 1 possibly 2 TD game. I believe this team clicks in different ways (better) than last year's. Then again they do tend to start out flat. Polk will be big and physical, but IMO won't be on the same level as Signal Mtn and we should have beaten them.

SP wins by 7

Agreed 100%!!!!!! I dont know if anyone can play with Signal in Chattanooga not even Polk but we couldve shouldve. if we dont turn the ball over i think we will be just fine.. you cannot beat yourselves in this type of Game. if we do we loose.

SP wins by 7

Watched SM clips last night and I don't think SM compares to Polk at all. Signal is alot smaller but has alot more pass oriented offense and speed, 2 totally different teams. All I saw all night on the SP clips were #11, all the time, every play. Now I know there has to be more to the team than #11. So what other players should Polk look out for? I can't wait to see how it all boils down.

TIPS FOR SP FANS!

DO NOT SPEED THROUGH BENTON!!!FROM THE NANCY WARD GRAVESITE ALL THE WAY TO THE CROSSROADS PAST BENTON SHOOTERS SUPPLY. Gettin there is easy and there is ample parking at school and across the road and it's free. The stadium is beautiful and has great food. Bing maps calls for a 1hr 17min trip but be sure to add time for construction on 411. Be sure to eat in Cleveland too because once you get off on US64 restaurant choices are few and far between(McD's, hardees or huddle house is all)There's a great little pizza place buffet about a mile or so up the road on 411 Papa's Pizza but besides that you better eat in Cleveland. Be sure to have sunglasses too because the visitor seats are directly facing the sunset. Seating on visitors side is about the same as your visitors side give or take a little. So I hope this helps and I am glad to see this thread being alot more grown up than last years.

Edited by Coach J

Directions to the stadium: Take I 75 N to exit 20 take a right off the exit, then exit onto US64 east then exit onto US411 N (watch your speed at the intersection,construction) stay on 411 till you come to the school on your right approximatily 2 miles PAST Benton.

Thanks for the directions. What time does the game start? Looking forward to an exciting week on coacht this week.

Watched SM clips last night and I don't think SM compares to Polk at all. Signal is alot smaller but has alot more pass oriented offense and speed, 2 totally different teams. All I saw all night on the SP clips were #11, all the time, every play. Now I know there has to be more to the team than #11. So what other players should Polk look out for? I can't wait to see how it all boils down.

I tell ya Coach Signal was a different breed you may cant see in films but in person... They didnt have the 250 or 260+ players but they all looked to be and i know im exagerating but 6'1 and bigger and all stronger build ....and #11 is awesome averaging well over 100 yards in everygame.. but we have 2 other running backs that can haul the mail and our Qb suprises everyone with his pass ability... we have some studs on our def line and our db with knock a hole in ya ear as well as polk will im sure. gonna be a great Game...

Edited by Geno

The first defense that gets 3 stops will win the game thats my prediction...I think both defenses will play well...and both teams will be prepared coming into the game...SP..for once..is an underdog I think...What is polk ranked in 3a?

That's probably accurate as long as: 1) team that makes those stops doesn't turn the ball over; and 2) they score following those stops.