South Pitt at Polk County

PittsburgLegend

Ummmmm????? Did you forget #40!!! Dear god man!!! Definitely the #3 defensive player beghind Allen and Hargrove if not right there with them.

No I did not forget #40. He is a GOOD player and is improving every week. He is NOT the calibur athlete of Hargrove and Allen. All the guys are playing great, but I have watched every game and Hargrove has at least 2 blockers coming at him every play sometimes 3. The opposing teams are always keyed in on Hargrove and Allen. Hargrove has led the defense for 3 years, and Allen and Lee the offense.I know the juniors playing are really contributing, and that is what makes a TEAM. To me the standouts in the junior class are #24 and #55, but make no mistake they are all doing great. Hopefully they will play Friday night the way they have the last 2 weeks.

It appears to me that MOST SP fans except for Howie have ALOT of respect for Polk County-Benton. They got South Pittsburg's attention last season when they beat us. I don't think Polk County-Benton will kill SP, but I think it will be tough for SP to beat this team. I try to look at things practically instead of a one way street like so many people. One thing is for SURE. If SP has multiple turnovers like they did last season then they ARE BEAT by multiple scores.

I was reading in my book about these Polk County boys and they are real good. That coach for Polk County needs to shave that mustache off or send in another picture to Murphy. It looks like he has been trying to grow that thing for over a year. You think im joking but im not. That Allen boy is a real good passer. He is 6'1 and 215lbs. That is a real big passer. Let me ask you Polk people a question. How fast can this passer run the 50 yard dash in? If he was a little taller, he could play in the SEC. I garuntee you Grider better make our boys lift weights this week. We will need to be real strong Friday or these Polk boys will knock a hole in our line. Grider better make our boys work on their side body blocks this week. We will need to make some good blocks or we will be getting sacked.

It appears to me that MOST SP fans except for Howie have ALOT of respect for Polk County-Benton. They got South Pittsburg's attention last season when they beat us. I don't think Polk County-Benton will kill SP, but I think it will be tough for SP to beat this team. I try to look at things practically instead of a one way street like so many people. One thing is for SURE. If SP has multiple turnovers like they did last season then they ARE BEAT by multiple scores.

i like your level headed approach to things on here. i believe sp playes well in this one.

I was reading in my book about these Polk County boys and they are real good. That coach for Polk County needs to shave that mustache off or send in another picture to Murphy. It looks like he has been trying to grow that thing for over a year. You think im joking but im not. That Allen boy is a real good passer. He is 6'1 and 215lbs. That is a real big passer. Let me ask you Polk people a question. How fast can this passer run the 50 yard dash in? If he was a little taller, he could play in the SEC. I garuntee you Grider better make our boys lift weights this week. We will need to be real strong Friday or these Polk boys will knock a hole in our line. Grider better make our boys work on their side body blocks this week. We will need to make some good blocks or we will be getting sacked.

He will be playing in the SEC but I'm guessing you already know that. :twisted:

I am really worried about this game. I was reading in my book and Polk has alot of starters back from last years team. They had some big ole boys last year. All of their blockers are big enough to play in the SEC. You think im joking but im not. Those boys knocked several holes in our line last year and they will do it again if Grider doesn't make our boys lift weights this week. Let me ask you Polk people a question. Is this Davis boy that coaches any kin to that Davis man that used to coach at Polk? That guy was a real good coach.

Edited by Roy Dillard

we need to stay in this Game and send a mesage that Spitt is ready for another Gold Ball. I doubt another single A Team can even come close to playing with Polk.. they have my respect for sure.. But Coach you wount wear us down..

im gonna give sp a little credit i mean heck they r playin a really really good 3a team heck they shouldnt win but sp is a good enough ball club they could beat ol polk so u better watch out polk it would be emarrising to get beat by a 1A skl wouldnt it haha ?

Piratetom back in the day I would say you are right. This year I think 1A is just going to be a easy ride for the Pirates. I think South Pittsburg could lose badly in this game, and still win the state easily. I know your not supposed to go by scores, but I ran across these games today. Wayne County beat a team by 3 points that beat Cascade by 1 point. I think I said that right. Anyways, South Pitt beat Cascade easily in what people say was our worse game this season. PowerP could tell us what he seen at Gordonsville whenever he gets back. I think SP will be alright as long as they have a positive response if they lose Friday night.

So if south pitt played wayne co you would base your opinion on Wayne Co. only beating a team by 3 points that Cascade beat by 1 point and that was wayne co. worse game of the season. Your sadly mistaken if you think south pitt will easily still win the state championshp. They have a good chance just like 3 or 4 more teams in 1a

I am really worried about this game. I was reading in my book and Polk has alot of starters back from last years team. They had some big ole boys last year. All of their blockers are big enough to play in the SEC. You think im joking but im not. Those boys knocked several holes in our line last year and they will do it again if Grider doesn't make our boys lift weights this week. Let me ask you Polk people a question. Is this Davis boy that coaches any kin to that Davis man that used to coach at Polk? That guy was a real good coach.

YEs sir Mr.Dillard the current coach is the elder Davis's son. The father is also on the coaching staff.

Edited by fallguy

I do have alot of respect for PC. The respect thing is not even the issue here. I am not going to set here all week and argue back and forth with you guys about the SP/PC game, come Friday October 22, 2010 at 00:00 my point will be truthfully valid.-------HowiePirate---Class of 1985! Go Pirates! "If we score we may win, if they never scorethan we will never lose; DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!" I WILL GET THE LAST LAUGH----GENO: DO NOT FORGET MY DEER MEAT BUBBA!

Well this is exactly the type of team we will struggle against...If we can control line of scrimmage better than last year we will win but that's a huge IF! We won't play any team rest of year as physical as Polk so this is going to be a huge challenge...I just think this one is completely on our D...Hope we can keep it close and have a shot in the end...Our offense will put up the numbers but can our D answer the bell this year that's the question....Regardless this will be a battle come Friday night

Hey win or lose it's got to be better playing Polk than the muffin we played this past week. What a boring game. No enthusiasm from the fan's or player's but I bet it will be different this week. I hope the Polk player's are as confidence as there fan's are on here. If you don't think SP will be ready,then you have a rude awakening coming and the same goes for a few of you SP people that think you know everything about SP football. This will be a great game that will come down to the wire. One thing SP fan's,get the early scrimage out of your head's. They have all gotton better since then.