Henry County Patriots at Dickon County Cougars

QBClubPrez

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC only having three days versus HC's week and a half to prepare will come into play. DC has had a tendency to let teams stay in the games through turnovers this season. If they do that against HC, it's trouble.

correct me if I'm wrong...Clarksville was in the entire game last Friday...yet..there were no turnovers on either side (other than turn over of downs)...so...why was Clarksville able to "stay in the game"?

correct me if I'm wrong...Clarksville was in the entire game last Friday...yet..there were no turnovers on either side (other than turn over of downs)...so...why was Clarksville able to "stay in the game"?

They played well. I don't believe I said every game.

Edited by couga14

If this game is called straight up and down, HC will win by 14 pts... but mark my word it won't be called straight up and down....

I just hope its better than the fiasco in Dickson vs. Inman game! That was horrible, and blatantly one sided. There should be fair calling with it being a televised game, but you never know.

They were able to stay in the game with DC for the exact same reason they were able to stay in the game with HC...They are a good, tough team! I'd also venture to say that the DC kids were probably looking forward a little bit towards this game and may have slightly looked past the Wildcats. It doesn't matter. A W is a W! Should be a good one this thursday!

No I was joking! Dickson is not fast at all!!! Especially on defense. I take it you haven't seen the Cougars play. If you are an HC fan, you may be in for a surprise on Thursday.

no Bear..trust me..I've seen both play! As good as the Cougars have been this year..is hasn't been their size or speed that's been the difference!

Edited by QBClubPrez

I'm not sure where some of you are getting the impression that Dickson County has an advantage in talent or speed. I've seen both teams play more than once and I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe Dickson County is faster or more talented than Henry County. This should be a good game between two good football teams. I'll take off my red shades and look at this game realistically. As good of a player as Bo Brown is, DC will not beat HC by trying to pound the ball down their throat all night. HC's run defense is too good. Dickson has to get some big plays in the passing game if they want to win. The only real weakness on this HC team is the secondary. They've been torched a few times this year. However, they've also shown their ability to force turnovers. I'm not sure how many INTs they've forced, but I know it's quite a few. If DC can get some big plays in the passing game, without the turnovers, to compliment the running game, then HC could be in for trouble. But if this just turns into an all out slugfest, I think HC wins.

I also think the fact that HC is coming off a bye while Dickson is preparing on a short week could very well come into play. Although I hope the effect is minimal at the most. I want to see both of these teams on their best game.

Best of luck to both teams.

GO PATRIOTS!!

Edited by RedSwarm10