Alcoa to play in herbstreet classic

Vandy15

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the schedule for Alcoa and Maryville next year. It will be interesting if they are able to pull it off.

Mr. Abbott is Alcoa's 2011 schedule already set? I was just wondering since it seems that Dallas Jackson from Rivals is now on the "Alcoa should play OOS competition" bandwagon now. I thought that there were still some open dates-clue me in :thumb:

Edited by alcoafan72

What is this Blount County Kickoff Bowl that we speak off? Hopefully Im not going to have Alcoa and Maryville in the same stadium 2 weeks in a row cause I hate getting to games before school lets out. However if Neyland wants to open their gates we can have William Blount vs Heritage at 6pm and Alcoa vs Maryville at 9 in back to back games :)

No, the Twin City Classc (I think it's going to be called) will be Alcoa and Maryville playing two teams that are invited in. The game will be held at the site not having the Maryville/Alcoa game. Ensworth and MUS were the first two contacted and last I heard it didn't look good that they were going to accept.

No, the Twin City Classc (I think it's going to be called) will be Alcoa and Maryville playing two teams that are invited in. The game will be held at the site not having the Maryville/Alcoa game. Ensworth and MUS were the first two contacted and last I heard it didn't look good that they were going to accept.

To everyone of you, other than BC and pepvol--if Alcoa and Maryville are extending this olive branch to us (in D2), and we don't accept the offer to play, then we need to play in it or quit talking about Maryville and Alcoa's schedules forever more. This sort of event (and I really do hope it's real, but when it comes from those two most of us are going to instantly dismiss it) is EXACTLY WHAT SHOULD BE HAPPENING ALL OVER TENNESSEE. This is what has happened in Memphis with the Bridges Classic for years. This is what the Clinic Bowl was supposed to be. Again, I hope it's real and hope one of us in D2 plays in it. Forget the out-of-state stuff; this is what we should be doing in Tennessee.

As it is, Alcoa has a proud tradition of taking on bigger private school opponents (i.e., McCallie), pre-Rankin.

Pepvol to you, you told me you didn't care about meaningless regular season games involving D1 and D2 teams, so you should start planning something else to do that night if it happens.

To everyone of you, other than BC and pepvol--if Alcoa and Maryville are extending this olive branch to us (in D2), and we don't accept the offer to play, then we need to play in it or quit talking about Maryville and Alcoa's schedules forever more. This sort of event (and I really do hope it's real, but when it comes from those two most of us are going to instantly dismiss it) is EXACTLY WHAT SHOULD BE HAPPENING ALL OVER TENNESSEE. This is what has happened in Memphis with the Bridges Classic for years. This is what the Clinic Bowl was supposed to be. Again, I hope it's real and hope one of us in D2 plays in it. Forget the out-of-state stuff; this is what we should be doing in Tennessee.

As it is, Alcoa has a proud tradition of taking on bigger private school opponents (i.e., McCallie), pre-Rankin.

Pepvol to you, you told me you didn't care about meaningless regular season games involving D1 and D2 teams, so you should start planning something else to do that night if it happens.

I love how you keep posting these Quotes of mine that you just make up in your head . I have no problem for Maryville playing anybody ... I don't make the schedule , but I could care less who we play , I'll be there . What I find amusing is how DII guys like yourself feel the need to bash any public team that gets a little attention unless they play your team . Your schools choose to stay where they are , if you want to be a part of the entire State of Tennessee Football ... man up and come and get you some . Maryville & Alcoa owes you nothing , you choose to disrespect teams unless they go along with your agenda of making DII relevant , even though they want to play by different rules . I also find it hilarious how DII guys think they have more Class than the public schools while constantly showing disrespect to any team that doesn't play them .

I used to really respect MBA & BA , but after the last few years of DII guys always feeling like they have to disrespect any public school that becomes successful , I'm quickly losing all respect for you guys . I don't see any " Grins and Giggles " threads going over here bashing DII . I didn't like the thread bashing MUS a couple of months ago on here , and I don't like any thread that is being disrespectful to a High School team . Funny how any thread that even mentions Alcoa now attracts you guys like a bunch of flies .

"us" "olive branch"??? don't flatter yourself there girlie school lover.... :bored:

And don't make yourself out to be better, like you never belittled Alcoa's program of Maryville's program for the fact they don't play "big time opponents"or "OOS" Then, point at Pepvol and myself because we call you out on your true motives!

Plus, when did Brentwood Acad and Webb quit playing DII? Did you NOT want to show the complete domaination of the DII football programs by small public school! :thumb:

Face the fact........DII IS NOT the elite high school football in the state of TN............It is far from it! :excl:

Edited by BCsportsfan

"us" "olive branch"??? don't flatter yourself there girlie school lover.... :bored:

And don't make yourself out to be better, like you never belittled Alcoa's program of Maryville's program for the fact they don't play "big time opponents"or "OOS" Then, point at Pepvol and myself because we call you out on your true motives!

Plus, when did Brentwood Acad and Webb quit playing DII? Did you NOT want to show the complete domaination of the DII football programs by small public school! :thumb:

Face the fact........DII IS NOT the elite high school football in the state of TN............It is far from it! :excl:

At least I know with you and your nonsense, you're just jerking everyone's chain. I actually worry a little about pepvol.

Anyways it will be fun if these games happen. they should be happening in Tennessee every year, and I will be there if they do.

I love how you keep posting these Quotes of mine that you just make up in your head . I have no problem for Maryville playing anybody ... I don't make the schedule , but I could care less who we play , I'll be there . What I find amusing is how DII guys like yourself feel the need to bash any public team that gets a little attention unless they play your team . Your schools choose to stay where they are , if you want to be a part of the entire State of Tennessee Football ... man up and come and get you some . Maryville & Alcoa owes you nothing , you choose to disrespect teams unless they go along with your agenda of making DII relevant , even though they want to play by different rules . I also find it hilarious how DII guys think they have more Class than the public schools while constantly showing disrespect to any team that doesn't play them .

I used to really respect MBA & BA , but after the last few years of DII guys always feeling like they have to disrespect any public school that becomes successful , I'm quickly losing all respect for you guys . I don't see any " Grins and Giggles " threads going over here bashing DII . I didn't like the thread bashing MUS a couple of months ago on here , and I don't like any thread that is being disrespectful to a High School team . Funny how any thread that even mentions Alcoa now attracts you guys like a bunch of flies .

This is really incoherent, pepvol, even for you.

No, the Twin City Classic (I think it's going to be called) will be Alcoa and Maryville playing two teams that are invited in. The game will be held at the site not having the Maryville/Alcoa game. Ensworth and MUS were the first two contacted and last I heard it didn't look good that they were going to accept.

How do you and "the others" know all this inside info about whom has been "contacted"

or "called" by the TCC promoters? Do you all work in the athletic departments of these schools? The list of schools that have "turned down" invites now includes BA, MUS, CBHS, MBA and Ensworth. How do you "know" this? I have spoken with a few football staff at both MUS and CBHS this week, and NONE of them knew anything about this. Of course, I mave have not spoken to the right person, but nobody outside of BC seems to know anything about this "Secret Bowl." I was told by a CBHS coach that MUS and CBHS are working on their own similar week zero "Bowl" against 2 Ohio teams, so maybe they really aren't available right now, but might be later if their own efforts fail. He also said it would be great if these 4 teams could find a way to play.

Edited by owlbooster

Funny how any thread that even mentions Alcoa now attracts you guys like a bunch of flies.

You used "disrespect" and "bash" 3 times each in your post, so I will validate you with my usual "hate" and "disrespect" for the 'Naders by repeating for the umpteenth time that they are arguably "the best team in TN in any classification" this year and the closest thing presently to a perennial power. You find it "funny" that TN HS football fans might be attracted to a thread that mentions "Alcoa" and "Herbstreit" in the same sentence??? With all due respect to the "Buffalo Springfield" - "Paranoia strikes deep. Into your heart it will creep..."

I already apologized for my gratuitous "hypocrisy and narcissism" comment which I tried unsuccessfully to remove from "Grins and Chuckles." Without it, the topic would read "Anybody who has an hour to burn and is interested in the public/private controversy, check out the 3A/4A thread "Alcoa Zoning Restrictions" then post a comment." As always, you brilliantly intuited my real intent: NOT to get educated, as I was, about one of the possible reasons that little ol' school has so many good football players ( I had thought there was something in the water) but rather to "get people to take shots" at Alcoa.

Beware the DII bogeymen and all the enemies of Alcoa. They are massing their sharpshooters at the Blount County line. The "attack" is imminent...

Edited by owlbooster