AC vs. Hardin Valley

Space3

Really edge? Your gonna call out a game against carter and say that AC should beat HV by that much? I can understand u being excited about your team but you must show a team respect when they beat OR{a team thats down and you lost to them} and played powell well(a team that put the beat down on AC) just saying HV comes as a surprise to me and I would ask OR and Powell how good they r b4 saying your gonna beat them by 36

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think Powell was over looking HV like they did Clinton? Oak ridge just came off big win against AC and lost to HV. idk but AC will not over look them AC wins big!!!

I hope Powell wasn't overlooking either team, but you never know. HVA had only lost one game going into that game against Powell, so I would hope the Panthers weren't overlooking them. Clinton's decision to put Patrick at QB made a huge difference in their game versus Powell. It's possible that OR came out flat after their win against AC. Powell had the same problem against Karns, which was the week following the blowout against AC.

I'm sure AC is ready to give HVA their best shot, and I'm sure they aren't overlooking the Hawks. I like AC, I think they are a very talented group. I know they are going to do damage again in the playoffs, but one fact still remains - the Mavs have only beaten one team with a winning record (Mo East) this season. Obviously, they're going to get another shot against a winning team in HVA, who is arguably the most well-coached team in the district, but I just don't think AC will "win big." I think AC will win, but I expect a close game (27-24 AC).

Eskridge is a talented back, they have a good QB, and a solid offensive line, but they've gotten to 6-2 because they play excellent defense (much like Powell and OR). I don't think they are as talented as Powell or OR in the secondary, but HVA is the best tackling team I've seen all year.

Edited by osunut2

I hope Powell wasn't overlooking either team, but you never know. HVA had only lost one game going into that game against Powell, so I would hope the Panthers weren't overlooking them. Clinton's decision to put Patrick at QB made a huge difference in their game versus Powell. It's possible that OR came out flat after their win against AC. Powell had the same problem against Karns, which was the week following the blowout against AC.

I'm sure AC is ready to give HVA their best shot, and I'm sure they aren't overlooking the Hawks. I like AC, I think they are a very talented group. I know they are going to do damage again in the playoffs, but one fact still remains - the Mavs have only beaten one team with a winning record (Mo East) this season. Obviously, they're going to get another shot against a winning team in HVA, who is arguably the most well-coached team in the district, but I just don't think AC will "win big." I think AC will win, but I expect a close game (27-24 AC).

Eskridge is a talented back, they have a good QB, and a solid offensive line, but they've gotten to 6-2 because they play excellent defense (much like Powell and OR). I don't think they are as talented as Powell or OR in the secondary, but HVA is the best tackling team I've seen all year.

Ok I see your point. Im expecting a very good game... How good are they against the pass?? Im sure they are studing Oak ridge and powell when the play us. But I will take it back that AC wins big I just hope they do..... they need to have a great game before playoff start. So I will say AC35 HV21

Edited by Space3

I thought AC would beat OR, and didnt. I thought AC would give Powell all they wanted, and didnt. Its hard for me to pick AC to beat Hardin Valley...i have seen HV play a couple of times this year, and they are a well coached football team. I belive they find a way to beat AC.

Bump!

The HV defense front seven is as good as I've seen this year. If they have a weakness, it is their secondary, and they got their first two interceptions of the year against us(both awful passes). So that will be an advantage for AC if they can handle the pressure from the pass rush. The HV running game is darn good. The full back is a big tough runner who gets overshadowed by Eskridge, the O-line is very good and physical. Can AC stop the run? Advantage Hardin Valley. Their qb is no Tanner Williams, but he is very accurate and does not make mistakes. I think there are two very important things that HV has on their side and those things are momentum and confidence. HV has improved as much as any team can in one season, they are much better than the team that played Carter. This team is now taking the field expecting to win and believing they will. It will be a great game. I think I will go to this one since we play on Thurs. Is it at AC or HV?

The HV defense front seven is as good as I've seen this year. If they have a weakness, it is their secondary, and they got their first two interceptions of the year against us(both awful passes). So that will be an advantage for AC if they can handle the pressure from the pass rush. The HV running game is darn good. The full back is a big tough runner who gets overshadowed by Eskridge, the O-line is very good and physical. Can AC stop the run? Advantage Hardin Valley. Their qb is no Tanner Williams, but he is very accurate and does not make mistakes. I think there are two very important things that HV has on their side and those things are momentum and confidence. HV has improved as much as any team can in one season, they are much better than the team that played Carter. This team is now taking the field expecting to win and believing they will. It will be a great game. I think I will go to this one since we play on Thurs. Is it at AC or HV?

The game is at HVA. And I completely agree with your assessment of the Hawks.

The game is at HVA. And I completely agree with your assessment of the Hawks..

The Mavericks are really going to have to be ready!! They have the ability to win 48-28 but they have the ability to lose 35-28. Over the past few weeks things have really changed. Even Powell should be able to agree with that. It is almost a new season for everyone. This game should decide whom plays Powell in the second round of the playoffs. The approach Hardin Valley has, they have the ability to beat Powell.

The Mavericks are really going to have to be ready!! They have the ability to win 48-28 but they have the ability to lose 35-28. Over the past few weeks things have really changed. Even Powell should be able to agree with that. It is almost a new season for everyone. This game should decide whom plays Powell in the second round of the playoffs. The approach Hardin Valley has, they have the ability to beat Powell.

While AC can play Powell in the second round of the playoffs, HVA can't. They'll be meeting up with a Farragut, Bearden, Maryville, or DB, to name a few likely 6A opponents. But I agree with you that the Mavs better be ready. HVA appear to be real good at this point in the season.

.....when the pressure is on.

Colonel, I love this Williams kid. He's a fine young man. Very humble. Very quickly and unselfishly gives credit where credit is due. That would, of course, be to his linemen and receivers/backs. HIS NUMBERS DON'T LIE!!! (And he throws a pretty mean spiral!) That being said, I am and have always been VERY concerned about his ability to handle PRESSURE. Gillum's system has been in place a couple of years now and the "Powells" and "Oak Ridges" have done their homework on this system. They know. Williams, even with all his numbers, is NOT a Justin Price or a Paul Longmire. He IS NOT very mobile. PRESSURE does not make him dangerous. I would love to see him not only improve in these two areas, but master them as well. The sky would be the limit for this fine young man if that happened. Anyways, Good Luck Mavs.

Hardin Valley just might beat AC. Their running back is tough. Their qb is for real, too. When a passing team passes all the time and does not have any significant running game to speak of, how does their defense practice/prepare to beat running teams efficiently? (No offense meant to you Mr. Hutson. I think you do a great job when you do get the ball. I would like to see a little bit more of it along with a lot more of Mr. Mabe running the ball, also. Mabe's had some great catches this year. The kid has so much more to contribute to his team. Does the word FULLBACK mean anything to anybody any more? I know. I know. I'm OLD school. Do the words BALANCED OFFENSE mean anything to anybody anymore? I know. I know. Just my 2 cents worth.....

It seems oppressed always has something negative to say whether it be williams or trying to tell the prices how to coach. I believe it was oppressed who didn't even think williams would be the qb 2 years ago, so that says how much he knows. After breaking records and leading a team nobody thought would even make the play-offs he still finds something negative to say. Williams can run when needed, but they don't want him to run from what I know. Can Peyton Manning run, can Tyler Brey run and I believe he has a 40 time of above 5.0. Oh well, if oppressed us such a good coach and can tell the Prices how to run things he should go to school and get his degree and get into coaching. I am of the opinion that if you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all. He has bashed Williams from the start, and now he can;t handle pressure? Mr. Oppressed do you remember the Clinton game in the playoffs last year? You don;t get anymore pressure than that. This team was not good enough to go undefeated and should have beaten Oak Ridge but didn't, but it seems you only look at the positive with a negative spin!

It seems oppressed always has something negative to say whether it be williams or trying to tell the prices how to coach. I believe it was oppressed who didn't even think williams would be the qb 2 years ago, so that says how much he knows. After breaking records and leading a team nobody thought would even make the play-offs he still finds something negative to say. Williams can run when needed, but they don't want him to run from what I know. Can Peyton Manning run, can Tyler Brey run and I believe he has a 40 time of above 5.0. Oh well, if oppressed us such a good coach and can tell the Prices how to run things he should go to school and get his degree and get into coaching. I am of the opinion that if you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all. He has bashed Williams from the start, and now he can;t handle pressure? Mr. Oppressed do you remember the Clinton game in the playoffs last year? You don;t get anymore pressure than that. This team was not good enough to go undefeated and should have beaten Oak Ridge but didn't, but it seems you only look at the positive with a negative spin!

Colonel...oh,my bad...I mean General. We're all entitled to our opinions. And, yes I am the one who never really believed in Williams. I'm still not totally convinced it is not Coach Gillum's system. Once again, I believe Tanner is a great kid. That has nothing to do with his athletic ability. Peyton Manning is a great guy. He NEVER beat Florida, though. Does that mean he is not a good qb? No. Of course, not. Does that mean he has room for improvement? Yes, he does. Even Peyton is man enough to admit that and not get his shorts in a bind. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Prices. My opinion/advise seems to have bothered you a lot more than it did them.

Maybe I've misinterpreted your statement about the 5.0 forty time. Unless you're a lineman that's not very impressive. Once again, just my opinion.

You might look at my statements as being negative (I personally think I've hurt your lil ole feelin's)but being realistic is what they are. You have my permission to interpret them any way you want to. (Now,now,now. How's that? Much better? ...just picture me handing you a Kleenex tissue right about now)

At the end of the day, I'm a MAVERICK fan. Through and through. I have my opinions, just like everyone else. I hope you're not suggesting to EVERYONE on CoachT, that in order to express an opinion, they must get a degree and get into coaching. Besides that, HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT I DON'T?

I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours. hahahaha

You have a good evening. I hope YOU are going to the AC/HV game tonight to support Tanner.... and the MAVS.

GO MAVS!!! :thumb:

P.S............Clinton's defense last year couldn't be compared to Powell's defense this year. Or the fact that Coach L did his homework when we played Powell this year.

Are you saying that the TEAM alone lost to Oak Ridge this year when they should have won? Would you agree that the two interceptions played a part in that loss because of the PRESSURE Oak Ridge's defense exhibited?

Edited by oppressed238

Colonel...oh,my bad...I mean General. We're all entitled to our opinions. And, yes I am the one who never really believed in Williams. I'm still not totally convinced it is not Coach Gillum's system. Once again, I believe Tanner is a great kid. That has nothing to do with his athletic ability. Peyton Manning is a great guy. He NEVER beat Florida, though. Does that mean he is not a good qb? No. Of course, not. Does that mean he has room for improvement? Yes, he does. Even Peyton is man enough to admit that and not get his shorts in a bind. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Prices. My opinion/advise seems to have bothered you a lot more than it did them.

Maybe I've misinterpreted your statement about the 5.0 forty time. Unless you're a lineman that's not very impressive. Once again, just my opinion.

You might look at my statements as being negative (I personally think I've hurt your lil ole feelin's)but being realistic is what they are. You have my permission to interpret them any way you want to. (Now,now,now. How's that? Much better? ...just picture me handing you a Kleenex tissue right about now)

At the end of the day, I'm a MAVERICK fan. Through and through. I have my opinions, just like everyone else. I hope you're not suggesting to EVERYONE on CoachT, that in order to express an opinion, they must get a degree and get into coaching. Besides that, HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT I DON'T?

I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours. hahahaha

You have a good evening. I hope YOU are going to the AC/HV game tonight to support Tanner.... and the MAVS.

GO MAVS!!! :thumb:

P.S............Clinton's defense last year couldn't be compared to Powell's defense this year. Or the fact that Coach L did his homework when we played Powell this year.

Are you saying that the TEAM alone lost to Oak Ridge this year when they should have won? Would you agree that the two interceptions played a part in that loss because of the PRESSURE Oak Ridge's defense exhibited?

wow, ill be totally honest... i went to this game tonight and came away really impressed with AC... they bottled up eskridge pretty much all night... Ac ran the ball A LOT more than they did against oak ridge and it really worked well... you see how much better they are with a balanced attack rather than just passing it and passing it every down.. #15 for AC is a real player, that guy was everywhere tonight, what a game by him..