District 8-AAA possibilities for #1 and #2

jabbo

Looking ahead, here's what I've come up with - if anyone disagrees feel free to correct me.

Winner of the Lawrence County/Tullahoma game is #1.

If Tullahoma loses, the Wildcats are #2 if Lincoln County beats Shelbyville, or if Lincoln County loses and Columbia beats Franklin County.

If Tullahoma loses and both Lincoln County and Columbia lose then Shelbyville is #2.

If Tullahoma wins, the race for #2 is about as complicated....

Lincoln County is #2 if the Falcons beat Shelbyville.

Shelbyville is #2 if the Golden Eagles beat the Falcons and Columbia loses to the Rebels - if Columbia wins then the Lions are #2.

• Upvote 1

Looking ahead, here's what I've come up with - if anyone disagrees feel free to correct me.

If Tullahoma loses, the Wildcats are #2 if Lincoln County beats Shelbyville, or if Lincoln County loses and Columbia beats Franklin County.

If Tullahoma loses and both Lincoln County and Columbia lose then Shelbyville is #2.

Shelbyville is #2 if the Golden Eagles beat the Falcons and Columbia loses to the Rebels - if Columbia wins then the Lions are #2.

Complicated as it sounds. It looks about right.

I believe Tullahoma beats Lawrence Co and Lincoln Co beats Shelbyville to finish #1 and #2.

I don't think you can say the winner of the Ttown/LCHS game will be number 1. If Ttown wins then that statement is correct. If LCHS wins then it is a little more complicated. LCHS could indeed win the district with a win but with all the tie breakers it still has a lot to do with some other schools and wether they win or lose. If you go to the TSSAA website and check out the tie breaker you will see that LCHS would need for a team that Columbia beat to finish with a losing record(Marshall Co.) to win the #2 tie breaker. If Marshall Co. wins one of its remaining two games then they will have a winning record and therefore Columbia would have a good chance to win the district. As I see it, Ttown still is the only team that can control their own destiny. This is going to be a very interesting next couple of weeks in District 8AAA!!!

• Upvote 1

I don't think you can say the winner of the Ttown/LCHS game will be number 1. If Ttown wins then that statement is correct. If LCHS wins then it is a little more complicated. LCHS could indeed win the district with a win but with all the tie breakers it still has a lot to do with some other schools and wether they win or lose. If you go to the TSSAA website and check out the tie breaker you will see that LCHS would need for a team that Columbia beat to finish with a losing record(Marshall Co.) to win the #2 tie breaker. If Marshall Co. wins one of its remaining two games then they will have a winning record and therefore Columbia would have a good chance to win the district. As I see it, Ttown still is the only team that can control their own destiny. This is going to be a very interesting next couple of weeks in District 8AAA!!!

You're right - if Lawrence County and Columbia win then they're locked in a three way tie with Tullahoma for 1st. The TSSAA website currently indicates that Tullahoma would be 1st and Lawrence County 2nd in that case - that may change when it's updated tomorrow.

You're right - if Lawrence County and Columbia win then they're locked in a three way tie with Tullahoma for 1st. The TSSAA website currently indicates that Tullahoma would be 1st and Lawrence County 2nd in that case - that may change when it's updated tomorrow.

The tie breaker system is going to be very interesting! Ttown will most certainly be 1st tomorrow since they only have one loss in the district! Ttown must not lose their next two games!! If they do it would certainly be extrememly bad and they could possibly slide all the way out of the playoffs. I know that is a stretch but that is a possibilty. That would put them at 6-4 and with the tie breaker system you never know. That holds true for LCHS and Columbia as well. It appears that that Lincoln County must win their last two games to make it to the playoffs and Shelbyville, Lawrence County, Columbia and Tullahoma would certainly make it with one more win. I see District 8AAA sending 5 teams to the playoffs this year but again all the teams must finish as I am thinking they will. The two teams that I am really watching is Ttown and Lawrence County. Ttown will be tested by Siegels running game. I feel as if there is a strong possibility they may lose out due to the fact they have problems stopping the run and both Siegel and LCHS loves to run the ball right at you. Lawrence County appears to be coming together again and could make a strong finish but only time will tell about them. They need to play well against Hardin County and then it appears they will get all their players back for the last game of the season against Tullahoma. I would really hate to be Shelbyville right at this moment. Lincoln County seems to be coming together just in time to send Coach T out with a bang! The last week in District 8AAA should stack up to be one of the most exciting showdowns in the state with all that is riding on these games and I for one can't wait. Such a shame a person can't be at more than one place at a time!! Good luck to all the District teams in the following weeks.

I may be wrong but I don't think the District Championship will be determined by the TSSAA tie breaker rules. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I believe if there is a three way tie then overall record would be what decides it. After that, it would be head to head. We could sit and talk about this all we want but if Tullahoma beats Lawrence County then they win the district. Right now Ttown/LCHS, Shelbyville/Lincoln County and even Columbia/Franklin County games are all huge. As interesting as all this may seem, what needs to be on everyones mind is who, how many, what quad and what seed in the playoffs will these teams get. There could be a chance where one team might win the district and be a lower seed going into the playoffs. As crazy as that may seem, it is a real possiblity!

• 2 weeks later...

district 8 could be the 1st district that all teams get into the playoffs

Very good insight! I have been round and round trying to figure out who the district champion was going to be and never once looked to consider all the teams will probably indeed get in. That is very interesting! This district should be one that the TSSAA will have to look at and very well will. First off, I now believe that the winner of the LCHS/Tullahoma game will most certainly decide the district championship. As strange as it may sound the tie breaker rule will determine where a team finishes and there is no head to head to determine a champion. That will be one thing that they will look at and then they will also have to look and explain how all the teams in District 8AAA made the playoffs. I am looking forward to Saturday to see what happens!!