Franklin Rebels vs Brentwood Bruins

kingz615

Good question. From the other side of the field I thought the same thing. I thought it would either be offsides on Brentwood or a dead ball/false start on Franklin.

However, ability to run the ball and turnovers were the key to the game. A great hard fought typical Franklin/Brentwood nailbiter. Both teams played hard. Prayers for Jason Springer. I hate seeing kids get hurt.

Was the penalty here a "false start"? Or was it "illegal formation"? They both have the same hand signals. But illegal formation is not a dead ball foul & the play continues. I didn't see any movement from the press box, so I'm thinking it was illegal formation & the call was correct. We'll catch the replay & see.

You're wrong about the horse collar. It is a personal foul penalty in high school football, per NFHS rules. It was added last season. Feel free to verify: http://football.refs.org/rules/NFrules2009pr.html. You're also wrong that it wasn't a horse collar. It absolutely was. Watch the replay on Williamson County Channel 3 (or Brentwood Channel 9) & you'll see it clearly. Good luck to Franklin & Brentwood both in the playoffs.

he was not wrong about the dead ball call though. How is Brentwood allowed to get the ball there? Big Play in the game.

Well I had to get on here before someone comes on and starts getting on me. Congrats to the Bruins! They won the game and did what they had to do to win. Great game by our Rebels. I guess our "easy" schedule did not hurt us as we had a chance to beat the "hard" schedule team. I was right on Matt having a big game.

A couple of things to think about. I was wrong that our defense would keep up its dominating. Too many big plays given up to Brentwood. As the guy said earlier, I too wondered why we didn't make any adjustments to what Brentwood was hurting us on. Other thing for us to worry about now is can we bounce back from this loss like we did after our first loss. I think we can Rebels. I'm still going to be rooting for you and spreading the word!

he was not wrong about the dead ball call though. How is Brentwood allowed to get the ball there? Big Play in the game.

Well I had to get on here before someone comes on and starts getting on me. Congrats to the Bruins! They won the game and did what they had to do to win. Great game by our Rebels. I guess our "easy" schedule did not hurt us as we had a chance to beat the "hard" schedule team. I was right on Matt having a big game.

A couple of things to think about. I was wrong that our defense would keep up its dominating. Too many big plays given up to Brentwood. As the guy said earlier, I too wondered why we didn't make any adjustments to what Brentwood was hurting us on. Other thing for us to worry about now is can we bounce back from this loss like we did after our first loss. I think we can Rebels. I'm still going to be rooting for you and spreading the word!

Adjustments and mistakes are part of the game fbforme..the team that makes the best adjustments and less mistakes usually wins...you better get back on track quick as a trip to Oakland is on tap for Friday night. Good Luck :popcorneater:

Just couldn't resist adding one more post to what is obviously ancient history:

3- PEAT BRENTWOOD BRUINS DISTRICT 11-AAA CHAMPIONS!!!

And who did we beat each year to win it? Franklin

Way to go Seniors for carrying the load!!!!

Edited by lbhiii

Just couldn't resist adding one more post to what is obviously ancient history:

3- PEAT BRENTWOOD BRUINS DISTRICT 11-AAA CHAMPIONS!!!

And who did we beat each year to win it? Franklin

Way to go Seniors for carrying the load!!!!

And how many state championship appearances in that span? Winning the district in the regular season means nothing, it doesn't even affect seeding like we saw this year. All that matters is who goes farther than the playoffs, and the past two years total Franklin has fared better!

And how many state championship appearances in that span? Winning the district in the regular season means nothing, it doesn't even affect seeding like we saw this year. All that matters is who goes farther than the playoffs, and the past two years total Franklin has fared better!

I was actually going to trash you but I wanted to give you a chance to correct your horrendous error. I'm not going to wait long. :popcorneater:

Maybe you've tried to wipe last year from your memory but Brentwood beat Franklin TWICE on the way to the semifinals and lost in the last 30 seconds to eventual champion White Station. Also, we don't really count appearances - just championships. How many does Franklin have?

And I decided not to trash you because you're probably doing your homework.

Edited by kkbruin