Franklin Rebels vs Brentwood Bruins

kingz615

Question about a call.

When Kuivenin fumbled the snap and Brentwood recovered, specifically. The refs made a false start call against Franklin, and it was declined by Brentwood, and therefore they were given the ball. Now, isn't a false start a dead ball foul, and is unable to be declined? As in, the play doesn't count?

Just curious, but that is just the way that I took the rule.

Question about a call.

When Kuivenin fumbled the snap and Brentwood recovered, specifically. The refs made a false start call against Franklin, and it was declined by Brentwood, and therefore they were given the ball. Now, isn't a false start a dead ball foul, and is unable to be declined? As in, the play doesn't count?

Just curious, but that is just the way that I took the rule.

Good question. From the other side of the field I thought the same thing. I thought it would either be offsides on Brentwood or a dead ball/false start on Franklin.

However, ability to run the ball and turnovers were the key to the game. A great hard fought typical Franklin/Brentwood nailbiter. Both teams played hard. Prayers for Jason Springer. I hate seeing kids get hurt.

Congrats to the Bruins, keeping the tradition alive.

Your squad is now able to mark itself as one of the best with your district championship crown.

Balanced offense beats one dimensional offense. You simply have to have a running game.

Turnovers kill your chances on so many levels.

In looking at the quads, I don't like this new format. Some very very good teams are going to be bounced early.

Congrats to the Bruins, keeping the tradition alive.

Your squad is now able to mark itself as one of the best with your district championship crown.

Balanced offense beats one dimensional offense. You simply have to have a running game.

Turnovers kill your chances on so many levels.

In looking at the quads, I don't like this new format. Some very very good teams are going to be bounced early.

Your right about the playoff format fromthetop2...it is awful.

Hogan predicted the team with the less mistakes would win and that was the Bruins and they were declared the winner. Both teams need to get ready for a tuff post season run.

Brentwood won and I'm fine with that bc the Rebels had their chances. I also know that you shouldn't allow a bad call or no call to lose a game for you. However, the fumble early where they recovered on a 'dead ball' foul and then scored is bogus. I also wonder how in the world you can call a horse collar when there is no penalty for that in high school football (btw It wasn't a horse collar in the first place even if there was a rule covering that). For all the mistakes made by Franklin (staying in a 3-man front being one and not adjusting until it was too late being one - the Brentwood coaches adjusted very quickly to us), the Rebels played a heck of a game. Let's hope we meet again bc I think the Rebels win a rematch.

Brentwood won and I'm fine with that bc the Rebels had their chances. I also know that you shouldn't allow a bad call or no call to lose a game for you. However, the fumble early where they recovered on a 'dead ball' foul and then scored is bogus. I also wonder how in the world you can call a horse collar when there is no penalty for that in high school football (btw It wasn't a horse collar in the first place even if there was a rule covering that). For all the mistakes made by Franklin (staying in a 3-man front being one and not adjusting until it was too late being one - the Brentwood coaches adjusted very quickly to us), the Rebels played a heck of a game. Let's hope we meet again bc I think the Rebels win a rematch.

You're wrong about the horse collar. It is a personal foul penalty in high school football, per NFHS rules. It was added last season. Feel free to verify: http://football.refs.org/rules/NFrules2009pr.html. You're also wrong that it wasn't a horse collar. It absolutely was. Watch the replay on Williamson County Channel 3 (or Brentwood Channel 9) & you'll see it clearly. Good luck to Franklin & Brentwood both in the playoffs.