AAA State Brackets

clifford20

DB versus Munford

Ravenwood versus Karns

(Top half of bracket)

Siegel Versus Collierville

Soddy-daisey versus Indy

(bottome half of bracket)

Tough top bracket with Karns, DB, and Ravenwood. Looks like Siegel got a sweet deal with the weaker side of the bracket and hosting on Thursday? Why would TSSAA give a competiting team that kind of advantage??? Very strange.

I these brackets are correct sounds like the top half got screwed! TSSAA IS A JOKE! More than likely they are seeking a huge crowd from siegel! Karns, D-B, Ravenwood should be very upset. Three great teams who get screwed again by a bunch of old men sitting around a table. Anyone from siegel on that board? Ive seen it before! Tired of this and will not attend and pay money to see anymore TSSAA STATE TOURNMENTS! What a joke!

I these brackets are correct sounds like the top half got screwed! TSSAA IS A JOKE! More than likely they are seeking a huge crowd from siegel! Karns, D-B, Ravenwood should be very upset. Three great teams who get screwed again by a bunch of old men sitting around a table. Anyone from siegel on that board? Ive seen it before! Tired of this and will not attend and pay money to see anymore TSSAA STATE TOURNMENTS! What a joke!

How did the top half get screwed? You have to beat whoever is in front of you. It is an eight team double elimination tourny. The two best teams will be there in the end. It is a tougher bracket, no doubt.

And don't try to throw siegel in this either. It wasn't their choice to host and if I were to bet, they would prefer not hosting. It is an insane amount of work for the coach, parents, and admin.

I bet you are right, all the Siegel people were at TSSAA this am, fixing the draw. I think they actually submitted the bracket to TSSAA and they just went with it.

Not sure how TSSAA is going to make it without your gate money either. Seeing how they play the tournament during the day and middle of the week...there will only be parents there anyway.

you obviously don't understand how a blind draw works. Heck Munford may well beat the 3 teams you say got screwed. Support your team and shut up whinning........ <_<

What's sad is that because the volleyball tournament is on weekdays and in the day many parents won't be their either. Especially from the far corners of the state. I understand the location/court issue, however can it ever be that the biggest volleybll event for the teams of the year will be held through a weekend? Everyone is used to tournaments being held over a weekend anyway. Splain the basis of this to me pleeze.

Edited by bigfoot1200

What's sad is that because the volleyball tournament is on weekdays and in the day many parents won't be their either. Especially from the far corners of the state. I understand the location/court issue, however can it ever be that the biggest volleybll event for the teams of the year will be held through a weekend? Everyone is used to tournaments being held over a weekend anyway. Splain the basis of this to me pleeze.

Bigfoot, I completely agree. The time and dates of the state tourny are crazy. I am sure it does come down to court availablility, but there has to be a better solution this Wed and Thurday.

I agree. Ravenwood, Dobyns-Bennett and Karns should be upset. One of the 3 top teams will be eliminated early- no way around it, allowing the teams with weaker records (based on what I see) to push through farther. I am sorry to say that we may have a blow out in the finals and no body likes that. ( no disrespect to any team intended). If the officials setting up the brackets did a great job it will be proven by a tight match in the finals. We shall see.

I agree. Ravenwood, Dobyns-Bennett and Karns should be upset. One of the 3 top teams will be eliminated early- no way around it, allowing the teams with weaker records (based on what I see) to push through farther. I am sorry to say that we may have a blow out in the finals and no body likes that. ( no disrespect to any team intended). If the officials setting up the brackets did a great job it will be proven by a tight match in the finals. We shall see.

So you are basing how good or bad the teams are based on record? Karns has 5 losses and munford has 6. How many do you think they would have if they played in the district with Ravenwood, Brentwood, Independence and Centential?

I am not saying they aren't good, cause they are. I really like Karns a lot. But Indy has played Ravenwood 6 times this year. Which is more losses then Karns and Munford has total. You have to consider who these teams are playing. That is why you can't seed based on records. Other wise Munford woudl be the #1 seed.

The finals will be the best two teams...

The same situation happened last year and it looked the same but a couple of matches down the way evened everything out.

Whoever is playing well has the advantage no matter the Bracket. I saw no one pick Munford even those who competed with them in West Tennessee. Everyone picked Ravenwood, Karns, Dobyns-Bennett, Collierville. Independence, Siegel, and Soddy were there if they played well. Anyone thinking Siegel got a break should have been there last year at 1:00AM and watch Siegel and OOltewah play the night/early morning shift only to have to play Thursday morning @ I believe 8:00. All of the bottom bracket are very close and most matches will go 5 games. Long day and night on Wednesday. And yes, matches will end sometime between 1:00 and 2:00AM MT Zone. Bracket one, whoever plays well, will end about 11:00 according to how Munford plays. IMO, the matches can be more decisive so as an observation, being a slow starter will not be an advantage in any way. The ET Zone teams will have some advantage with a faster start. The brackets seem fair. Depth will ultimately decide the winner in AAA. And EDGE, you won't have to come Wednesday. Thursday and Friday will give you all your want and maybe just Thursday. It will save you some sleep also.

Everyone has seen most of the others play except Munford. Thats no advantage for them. But just to see the "Flyin Hawaiian" and her sister, a setter is worth the price of admission. I would hate to characterize this AAA bracket like this but this is almost an extended Gold Division Club Bracket Tournament with Double Elimination. These players know each other. Bragging rights are at stake.These Coaches and players are some of the best in the State and that will be very obvious.

Edited by PHargis

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”   -groucho marx-   Is this the family qoute?
    • The Girls Basketball team I am a part of played for a gold ball this season. One of the biggest differences in the sports is that there is no field prep/maintenance in basketball.   Our baseball is successful and play 30 games in the regular season as well. All of the teams dedicate A LOT of time in preparing for their next opponent. 
    • “facts” or better yet ‘opinions’ had been up for weeks/months. that’s not why the thread was deleted. get over yourself. 
    • Im pretty excited about the new rules that NFHS voted to adopt. Does anyone know if this will take place in Tennessee starting this year? I think I heard/read somewhere that the TSSAA bi-laws say they have to mirror what the NFHS does, and when the NFHS offered the current weight classes as options, TSSAA didn’t adopt them until NFHS made them official. Did NFHS make these changes official starting next season or will it be similar to the weight classes where TSSAA doesn’t change what they are doing until it is  an officially official part of the NFHS rule book? It’ll be interesting to see if it is rolled out for the new TSSAA Middle School season and I saw a post where the youth wrestling in TN was going to vote on adopting it as well.  I’ll pray for all the youth coaches that will have to shoulder the confusion from all those crazy #### parents who already think they know the rules more than everyone else  . Imagine the first time their kid is taken down and a 3 goes up on the scoreboard or their kid gets pinned with only one point of contact in the cylinder. Their heads might explode. i kid, I kid. Sort of. I’m surprised ride time was brought down with all the other changes. I know some argue that it promotes stalling on top, but its been an official scoring method in college forever, so I figure it must be doing something right. Do any of you think that’ll ever be implemented? 
    • Crazy how the thread just gets deleted when facts come out.