Banning PRAYER at a football game!

Bleedingblue

True Story, I'm at the Blackman, Riverdale game Friday night. Riverdale scores with less than a minute to play to take their first lead of the game. Blackman gets the ball and has it at midfield. I look on the Blackman sideline and there are two Blackman players hand in hand and it's clear they are praying. I thought to myself "that's cool" but what if they don't score will they think prayer does't work. Next play tunnel screen and the Blackman kid takes it to the house and scores with 32 seconds left in the game, Blackman holds on for a 44-43 win..... so much for my faith! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

If the athletic event takes money at the gate to enter, it should not be considered a gov supported activity. So if people pay to come then they should be allowed to do what they want at the game, pray if they choose and not participate if they choose. But not say anything to or about those who choose to do so, heck no harm in a lil prayer for the saftey of all.

If the athletic event takes money at the gate to enter, it should not be considered a gov supported activity. So if people pay to come then they should be allowed to do what they want at the game, pray if they choose and not participate if they choose. But not say anything to or about those who choose to do so, heck no harm in a lil prayer for the saftey of all.

i dont think you thought out your reply very well. if people pay they should be allowed to do what they want. come on man. should a clansman be able to wear his robe in because he paid, should people be able to curse coaches and players with no consequence. neither of these would be allowed in the presence of authority at a football game yet neither is illegal. i am a christian as well as many on this thread, however i will trade the prayer over the p.a system for what i would have to live with if prayer was allowed.

i dont think you thought out your reply very well. if people pay they should be allowed to do what they want. come on man. should a clansman be able to wear his robe in because he paid, should people be able to curse coaches and players with no consequence. neither of these would be allowed in the presence of authority at a football game yet neither is illegal. i am a christian as well as many on this thread, however i will trade the prayer over the p.a system for what i would have to live with if prayer was allowed.

You have to use some common sence. If a clansman chose to wear his robe into a game he has that right and can not be denied, he could not wear a hood. No one is allowed to wear a face cover out in public due to laws except for halloween that way if a crime is committed they can be recognized. Now a person would be stupid to do things like wear a robe especially if in wrong part of town, they may get more than just a beating in the game....lol

People in the stands cuss officials and coaches all the time, is it the right thing to do NO, but it happens.

Prayers have always been a part of public display at athletic events and should continue. If you dont want to hear it like I have said earlier put in ear phones or dont stand but do not interfer with those who choose to do it and knowing it is expected.

If one cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen.

School officals are considering(or already have decided) to ban prayer before the football games in Hamilton County. This is crazy! There is always a prayer before sporting events. That's just the way sports go. I understand the freedom of speech and all but what about the freedom of speech for those who do want to pray? I am glad so many people are lashing out about this and I PRAY THAT THIS IS NOT BANNED! Thoughts?

Prayer is not being banned at football games or anywhere in the U.S. .Anyone of any faith can still pray at ball games and at school. What is being banned is school led prayer. You dont need the anouncer or a principal

to tell you when to pray ,besides, how would everyone feel if the person leading the prayer at a ball game was Muslim ,Hindu, Jewish ect... Would you be willing to stand up for that persons right ?

So if you want to pray you stil can.