Sullivan South Rebels v TN High Vikings 10/29/10

2000southreb81

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy guys easy, there are some guys on here that get real sensitive when we get negative with one another. Can't we all just get along. I hope for all of the teams playing tonight that they play their best and show great sportsmanship towards each other. I think the fans should do the same. Maybe after the playoffs we can all get together and have a coachT picnic. What do you say guys! :thumb:

Yeah....I'll bring the punch. :)

Believe me… that one break down doesn’t even get a bleep on the radar in comparison to what Seabolt and Carmichael did to the Vikings. Burger King didn’t get out of the drive-thru. Other than the breakdown in coverage on the go rout, Boone really didn’t do much of anything on offense.

Well considering I just watched the Boone game and they beat you with the power, the option, the counter, the pass threat....they chip at you where you are weak at. They have more than just the option Cap1. Now, any team that has it and you take it away....yes I can see it hitting hard. But that option is something new for Boone. Boone's game will always be a power Pro set....the option is like a gift to screw up defenses when they aren't expecting it.

Believe me… that one break down doesn’t even get a bleep on the radar in comparison to what Seabolt and Carmichael did to the Vikings. Burger King didn’t get out of the drive-thru. Other than the breakdown in coverage on the go rout, Boone really didn’t do much of anything on offense.

Well for starters, "Burger King" really didn't get that many carries at all because Jeremy knew not to do anything stupid and get his stud hurt. If they wanted him too Kevin could have ran over your defense. If you noticed he didn't really play that much on offense in the second half of the game. What you saw was Boone football the way it is supposed to be. They done exactly what they needed too on offense, scored early and then just ate away at the clock after they had a pretty comfortable lead. If you have noticed Boone doesn't ever try to blow any team out, they just win anyway they have to do it. If they wanted to have 200 yards passing in that game they probably could have. If they wanted Kevin to have 200 yards rushing they could have done that. Fact of the Matter is, TN HIGH'S offense did not make them do so. Boone's defense was so good that TN High did not score a touchdown until their was 8 seconds left in the game, and for them most part they had to play behind their own 30 yard line.

Well for starters, "Burger King" really didn't get that many carries at all because Jeremy knew not to do anything stupid and get his stud hurt. If they wanted him too Kevin could have ran over your defense. If you noticed he didn't really play that much on offense in the second half of the game. What you saw was Boone football the way it is supposed to be. They done exactly what they needed too on offense, scored early and then just ate away at the clock after they had a pretty comfortable lead. If you have noticed Boone doesn't ever try to blow any team out, they just win anyway they have to do it. If they wanted to have 200 yards passing in that game they probably could have. If they wanted Kevin to have 200 yards rushing they could have done that. Fact of the Matter is, TN HIGH'S offense did not make them do so. Boone's defense was so good that TN High did not score a touchdown until their was 8 seconds left in the game, and for them most part they had to play behind their own 30 yard line.

Who cares about BOONE… this is a THS vs South thread. Don’t pat yourself on the back to hard because I could of picked a group of parents out of the stands and stopped the Viking offense that night. I hate to tell you this but I’m not taking part in the Boone tea party… I haven’t been impressed with anything they’ve done (other than the hard running from the backs) and really don’t think they’re that good. Boone threw a hail mary down the sidelines for the first score, and the other two were wrapped up with a big bow on the top inside the 10 yard line by the Viking offense (or lack there off). I watched the game last night just to try and figure out how in the world KC ran a punt back on Science Hill. So you can come down off your pony because I for one am not drinkin the Blazeraid. ;)

Who cares about BOONE… this is a THS vs South thread. Don’t pat yourself on the back to hard because I could of picked a group of parents out of the stands and stopped the Viking offense that night. I hate to tell you this but I’m not taking part in the Boone tea party… I haven’t been impressed with anything they’ve done (other than the hard running from the backs) and really don’t think they’re that good. Boone threw a hail mary down the sidelines for the first score, and the other two were wrapped up with a big bow on the top inside the 10 yard line by the Viking offense (or lack there off). I watched the game last night just to try and figure out how in the world KC ran a punt back on Science Hill. So you can come down off your pony because I for one am not drinkin the Blazeraid. ;)

Well I guess I can understand what you are saying Cap, so back to your game. I think that TN High has not responded well to some adversity that has come their way this year. I will say that hey....Greeneville and DB beat you and if the polls say anything...it ain't nothing to be too ashamed about (I'm sure the Viking loyal will say differently, but hey that is your team and your right) and well, you didn't seem to have too good a game against Boone. You whipped Central like you should have and now are left with South. A win against South means you still were able to beat 2 out of the big 4 games that each of the schools have in our conference every year (including DB, South, Boone, SH, and TN High) and in my mind, that is a pretty good thing. In comparison to last year when you were taking everyone out left and right..it happens.

I think this should be a close game, a big rivalry between these two schools. Right now, South picked up the pieces and by all means is riding high and getting the job done. It'll be a tough job by TN High to get it done, but I think it can. I think conference wise a TN High win or loss doesn't affect Boone, as they would still tie with South in conference wins and South wins at the head to head, but would be below Boone if you look at overall schedule... definitely affects who you want to play in that opening round of the playoffs. I had a good idea who would be playing who last year at this time, but this year I don't have a clue who will be playing who and w who is even in for sure.

I’m hoping the Vikings can put together a better game plan (Coaches included) and bring it to the table this time… or else it’s going to be colder than the predicted temperature on the home side tonight because Double H WILL make you pay. By now the coaches should know what they are working with (which is still more than most) and should make adjustments to accent the attributions we do have. Boone and South are both perfect examples of coaches knowing what they’re working with and making it work for them. I still maintain the fact that if they don’t go ahead and let the Jr. QB get his feet wet, we will continue to struggle on offense. My guess is that Stubbs will do everything in his power to prove that wrong because…. that’s the way Stubb-orn is. If he hasn’t made the change thus far he’s decided to go down with the ship as I said in an earlier post. I DO think the Vikings have the crew to pull this one off, but it’s going to take a heavy hand at the wheel to steer them in the right direction to get some wind in those empty sails. Good luck and stay safe and injury free to all involved. :thumb:

Edited by Cap1

Well ok looking at the TSSAA spot...it looks like the seeding for Quad 1 will be

1. Powell

2. Knox West

3. Boone

4. Mo West

5. TN High or South

6. TN High or South or Mo East

7. Tn High or South or Mo East (haha)

8. Crockett

If TN High or South wins, they will be playing Mo West in Round 1

If TN High loses, they will be playing Boone.

If South loses, they will be playing Knox West and Boone will be playing Mo East or if Mo East loses South will be playing Boone....I think.

Something along those lines. Playing to see who plays West basically I think, and then after that it gets tossed up. If one of the teams from the other side of the state or something knocks Crockett out, we could see a shuffle with the top teams moving Quads because of Geography....but based on the map I do not see another knoxville team coming in unless Crockett is knocked out....again...I think.

Well ok looking at the TSSAA spot...it looks like the seeding for Quad 1 will be

1. Powell

2. Knox West

3. Boone

4. Mo West

5. TN High or South

6. TN High or South or Mo East

7. Tn High or South or Mo East (haha)

8. Crockett

If TN High or South wins, they will be playing Mo West in Round 1

If TN High loses, they will be playing Boone.

If South loses, they will be playing Knox West and Boone will be playing Mo East or if Mo East loses South will be playing Boone....I think.

Something along those lines. Playing to see who plays West basically I think, and then after that it gets tossed up. If one of the teams from the other side of the state or something knocks Crockett out, we could see a shuffle with the top teams moving Quads because of Geography....but based on the map I do not see another knoxville team coming in unless Crockett is knocked out....again...I think.

I think Boone gets the loser of the South-THS game. I just don't see Mo East beating Sevier County tonight.

I think it will look like this barring any upsets:

DC @ Powell

Mo East @ Knox West

THS @ Boone

South @ Mo West

Powell is already 10-0. I believe West will beat Heritage to take the 2nd spot. Mo' West should beat Seymour. I think South will beat THS and Sevier Co. will beat Mo East.

If there are any upsets it will definitely scramble those matchups.

I think Boone gets the loser of the South-THS game. I just don't see Mo East beating Sevier County tonight.

I think it will look like this barring any upsets:

DC @ Powell

Mo East @ Knox West

THS @ Boone

South @ Mo West

Powell is already 10-0. I believe West will beat Heritage to take the 2nd spot. Mo' West should beat Seymour. I think South will beat THS and Sevier Co. will beat Mo East.

If there are any upsets it will definitely scramble those matchups.

So if this happens, the winner of the Boone TN High game plays the winner of Powell and DC...interesting.

Well I guess I can understand what you are saying Cap, so back to your game. I think that TN High has not responded well to some adversity that has come their way this year. I will say that hey....Greeneville and DB beat you and if the polls say anything...it ain't nothing to be too ashamed about (I'm sure the Viking loyal will say differently, but hey that is your team and your right) and well, you didn't seem to have too good a game against Boone. You whipped Central like you should have and now are left with South. A win against South means you still were able to beat 2 out of the big 4 games that each of the schools have in our conference every year (including DB, South, Boone, SH, and TN High) and in my mind, that is a pretty good thing. In comparison to last year when you were taking everyone out left and right..it happens.

I think this should be a close game, a big rivalry between these two schools. Right now, South picked up the pieces and by all means is riding high and getting the job done. It'll be a tough job by TN High to get it done, but I think it can. I think conference wise a TN High win or loss doesn't affect Boone, as they would still tie with South in conference wins and South wins at the head to head, but would be below Boone if you look at overall schedule... definitely affects who you want to play in that opening round of the playoffs. I had a good idea who would be playing who last year at this time, but this year I don't have a clue who will be playing who and w who is even in for sure.

You’re right… and to be perfectly honest with you the only real surprise for me at this point in the game is Science Hill. I really thought they should have been better than they were this year and I thought that W would have been the difference maker in the end. But it ended up kinda like Boise State and VT. If South wins tonight I think that seals up second place in the conference with Boone in third… but I think a Viking win would put a crazy twist on the overall conference standings. That would put us all at 5-2. With THS beating South and South beating Boone who beat THS… how would the standings pan out? I also think Boone would more than likely play the loser of tonights game in the first round… IMO.