Giles vs. Marshall

playwithheart

Can't believe Marshall Co. was that bad. Wasn't expecting that at all.

I was thinking the same thing about Giles. Almost all of their points were scored by the Marshall offense (who played their worst game of the year). From all the chatter, I was expecting Giles to be this great power.....found out they were far from it. If Marshall doesn't have 7 turnovers, they're in that game till the end. No team can overcome that. Talent wise, not a huge difference in those two teams.

I was thinking the same thing about Giles. Almost all of their points were scored by the Marshall offense (who played their worst game of the year). From all the chatter, I was expecting Giles to be this great power.....found out they were far from it. If Marshall doesn't have 7 turnovers, they're in that game till the end. No team can overcome that. Talent wise, not a huge difference in those two teams.

Are you serious!?!?! Those Hollywood lights must have been in your eyes last night. You get hammered 44-0 and you say Giles Co didn't look good and Talent wise..not a huge difference. Unbelievable!!!

Talent wise not much difference????? #1 had 3 picks last night. #8 had a pick six and an 80 yard TD reception. #3 had two TD runs....I could go on and on. By the way those were all Giles County players. Marshall Co QB threw 4 interceptions. Your running back got the ball ripped from him by a backup DB who took it to the house. Please give me some stats that show "Talent wise, not a huge difference in those two teams" I must have missed something sitting on the side of the field I was on.

Hollywood...we need to put a breathalizer on your computer to make sure you are sober prior to posting.

Are you serious!?!?! Those Hollywood lights must have been in your eyes last night. You get hammered 44-0 and you say Giles Co didn't look good and Talent wise..not a huge difference. Unbelievable!!!

Talent wise not much difference????? #1 had 3 picks last night. #8 had a pick six and an 80 yard TD reception. #3 had two TD runs....I could go on and on. By the way those were all Giles County players. Marshall Co QB threw 4 interceptions. Your running back got the ball ripped from him by a backup DB who took it to the house. Please give me some stats that show "Talent wise, not a huge difference in those two teams" I must have missed something sitting on the side of the field I was on.

Hollywood...we need to put a breathalizer on your computer to make sure you are sober prior to posting.

:) I'm very sober!!! Keep drinking that Giles cool-aide and swallow hard when the playoff run ends in a few weeks. Stats??? Here's one, the picks were a batted ball and 4 overthrown balls right into the db's chests!!! Anyone with a pulse could have picked those off. Like I said, poor offensive play, Marshall did that to themselves!!! The junior backup did a great job ripping the ball from the starting 140lb. FRESHMAN tailback. By the way, were you at the behind-the-woodshed whooping the Tigers put on Giles in the JV game, using actual freshman and sophmores that don't start? Just wondering. Moving on.....stat two. Offense committed penalties on every possession except for I think 3. Kinda hard to move the chains when it's first/second and 15-20 all night. While I'm thinking about it, nice classy job by the coaching staff going for two and throwing the ball with a 30+ point lead. Any SOB that does that is only asking to get his tail whipped in the future. Congrats Giles on the big victory. Your vetern, semi-talented team was much more ready to play than the extremely young, semi-talented opponent you played. I watched Marshall give away a game a week ago and lose by 6 to a much more talented (than Giles) Page team. You remember them, right? So with that said......yeah, not sold on Giles. Just didn't impress me that much. You go ahead and drink their cool-aide.....I'll pass.

I watched Marshall give away a game a week ago and lose by 6 to a much more talented (than Giles) Page team. You remember them, right?

You just lost any chance of anyone taking you seriously with this comment. I have seen both Page and Giles play. Giles was the better team hands down. The Giles loss to Page was a fluke. All Marshall has done all season is blame the refs for their losses. Your players do it, your coaching staff does it, and your fans do it. With an attitude like that Marshall Co. will continue to be a middle of the road program.

Giles Co. has a great team. You complain about having 7 turnovers and you can't win that way. All I know is Fairview threw 5 interceptions against Giles and still played the Bobcats very close (within 6 points). When you lose by 40 plus, you are not a very good team.

Congrats to Giles Co. on winning the district. Wish we could see a Fairview-Giles Co. rematch. I think these two teams will battle it out the next two years for the district title. Good luck to Giles in the playoffs.

:) I'm very sober!!! Keep drinking that Giles cool-aide and swallow hard when the playoff run ends in a few weeks. Stats??? Here's one, the picks were a batted ball and 4 overthrown balls right into the db's chests!!! Anyone with a pulse could have picked those off. Like I said, poor offensive play, Marshall did that to themselves!!! The junior backup did a great job ripping the ball from the starting 140lb. FRESHMAN tailback. By the way, were you at the behind-the-woodshed whooping the Tigers put on Giles in the JV game, using actual freshman and sophmores that don't start? Just wondering. Moving on.....stat two. Offense committed penalties on every possession except for I think 3. Kinda hard to move the chains when it's first/second and 15-20 all night. While I'm thinking about it, nice classy job by the coaching staff going for two and throwing the ball with a 30+ point lead. Any SOB that does that is only asking to get his tail whipped in the future. Congrats Giles on the big victory. Your vetern, semi-talented team was much more ready to play than the extremely young, semi-talented opponent you played. I watched Marshall give away a game a week ago and lose by 6 to a much more talented (than Giles) Page team. You remember them, right? So with that said......yeah, not sold on Giles. Just didn't impress me that much. You go ahead and drink their cool-aide.....I'll pass.

If you will just tell me the name of the Giles County boy that stole your girlfriend i'll check with him to see if he'll unlock the stall and let her graze on back home :thumb:

Some thing do change in Marshall County. Unfortuanelly its just the red lights :roflolk:

• Upvote 1

sore loser much? All of your reasons for losing point to one thing...Giles was more talented and more disciplined than the Tigers, period.

On another note, you seem to be the only Marshall Co. fan left on Coacht. Ever since Hightower left and the program went downhill there haven't been many of yall on here. Of course I would be embarrassed to say I was from Marshall Co. too :roflol: