Polk Co. at Meigs Co.

polkalumni

Maybe we can exorcise some of those demons from the late 90's early 2000's. Regardless it will bring back some bad memories seeing the Rams come to Benton.

POLK HAS CAME LONG WAY FROM THOSE TEAMS OF THE PAST.. IM SURE IF WE CAN HANDLE SOUTH PITT WE CAN PLAY WITH TYNER AS WELL THESE DAYS.. WE HAVE ACCUSTOMED OUR SELF TO PLAYIN SPEED SINCE THEN WITH PLAYIN HOWARD AND SOUTH PITT AND BRADLEY IN THE LAST FEW YRS.. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR UR TAKE RAM FAN.. HOWW DO U THINK THAT MATCH UP WOULD BE....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we can exorcise some of those demons from the late 90's early 2000's. Regardless it will bring back some bad memories seeing the Rams come to Benton.

...'polkalumni'...I don't know about that, now...the last time we played each other was for the District Championship and Polk was driving (and inside the 15yd line)...it took everything we had to make the stop on that 'big' fullback y'all had(I forgot his name)...but it was exciting game...our coaches (me included) have the utmost respect for Coach Davis and his staff!!!

...'polkalumni'...I don't know about that, now...the last time we played each other was for the District Championship and Polk was driving (and inside the 15yd line)...it took everything we had to make the stop on that 'big' fullback y'all had(I forgot his name)...but it was exciting game...our coaches (me included) have the utmost respect for Coach Davis and his staff!!!

im guessin 2003 at tyner.. we drove to the three .. it was the game of the week .. and that fullback was #34 my lil cousin shane wooten.. he was short and stocky but could run with any of em... great great game

POLK HAS CAME LONG WAY FROM THOSE TEAMS OF THE PAST.. IM SURE IF WE CAN HANDLE SOUTH PITT WE CAN PLAY WITH TYNER AS WELL THESE DAYS.. WE HAVE ACCUSTOMED OUR SELF TO PLAYIN SPEED SINCE THEN WITH PLAYIN HOWARD AND SOUTH PITT AND BRADLEY IN THE LAST FEW YRS.. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR UR TAKE RAM FAN.. HOWW DO U THINK THAT MATCH UP WOULD BE....

...IF things play-out as predicted, it will be game that (in my opinion) will be a toss-up...'new season', both teams wanting to advance, both have exceptional athletes...I think one other person said it will come down to which team makes the least amount of mistakes(at critical times) and which team stays focused when faced with adversity!!!

I graduated with Shane. He was great player and a great teammate.

so im sure u remember the game quiet well.. we had every opportunity to win... we beat westmoreland in rd 1 on the back of yet another great qb in #12 Couch... then we went on the goodpasture in rd 2 and got spanked... well u prob know my identity seein im related to shane and my alumni yr.. lol...