Polk Co. at Meigs Co.

polkalumni

I gotta agree with you on not having starters in to long, halftime maybe. The way Polk is playing right now, its scary for opponents. Im not blowing smoke folks, not sure what happened in the first game, but cannot beleive they lost. If anybody has the chance to beat Alcoa or Cak, this is the team, just my opinion.

What happened was : Polk did not come ready to play. INDIVIDUAL attitudes about this game was what killed our boys before setting foot on the field. That IS the bottom line. NO way Bradley could beat our boys with game on like 10-22-2010. NO FRIGGIN' WAY. Shots to the foot area,little league errors,was the end .Not dissing ANY player,cause I think as does anyone else at Polk,its a TEAM effort,the guys just did not get their HEAD ( < ) game right. And ya can't do that for 'em. I helped coach alot of the guys comin' up,and you know as well as I the potential is there ,but ya just about gotta slap 'em in the face ,get 'em P'oed to do what they are capable of. And the individuals I'm talking about are ALL of them.Top to bottom.Ya got a TEAM,and ya think alike! Winning is not easy when yer playing the big boys.BUT,it CAN be done.TOO many guys on this team RIGHT NOW, know what it takes to win it all. Alcoa,? . Heck with them.I believe our boys can take it to 'em , - nut up,git yer crap inna bag, and keep it WITH ya ! Our boys would k ,,well,ya know whatta mean,fer Coach Davis,who is the most class act I've ever seen.The unsportsmanlike penalties were very unusual,but,I can see the boys taking a stand for PRIDE. I'd like to see nuthin' but passing in the Meigs game.And if we're ahead,MORE passing by the younger guys.LOVE that up the gut,but,ya gotta keep 'em guessing.And who the heck would want to play ANYONE BUT ALCOA ? We don't aim fer blowouts,we aim for the baddest.And right now,thats Alcoa.Lets go. ( LOL @ myself,,sheesh,,I preach like Obama,,,sorry,got a little wound up there. :shock: ) Least you knows how I feels,lol. Go Polk,proud of ever' one a ya s.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened was : Polk did not come ready to play. INDIVIDUAL attitudes about this game was what killed our boys before setting foot on the field. That IS the bottom line. NO way Bradley could beat our boys with game on like 10-22-2010. NO FRIGGIN' WAY.

Ok Let's not get too uppity here. Bradley is a much improved team as well, and this rematch would be a great game.

Polk wins against Meigs by whatever they want.

Hear ya. MOST a the air is outta my head now. lol. But thats also all thats LEFT ! mea culpa :oops:

No problem. As a Bradley fan I couldn't let that one go by without a response. And I am serious about it being a great game every time we play.

Great thing about our schedule last year and this is that I have been able to watch Polk 6 times now. Polk has a great chance in the playoffs, even tho getting by Alcoa is a tall order.

Lots of mixed emotions about this one. Agree that I would love to see an all out air assault for the first quarter then turn it over to the pups if successfull. I still have nightmares about what happened to the Murphy kid a few years ago up there at Meigs. THE MOST AWEFULL CHEAP SHOT I have ever seen. After punting the ball he is trailing the play 40 yards back and gets his legs taken out from behind!!! Torn ACL took his senior season away from him and thats something you never get back. It was terrible. Made me sick. Starters better keep heads on swivels. Don't think Meigs coaches would condone something like this but in the heat of battle when your frustrated who knows. Dont want to be a downer but we want everyone healthy. As for Alcoa I dont think they are worried about us even though they are looking at this board. Heck, dont think Loudon or CAK too worried either, but thats OK. We usually are better when we have a chip on the old shoulder. Very proud of our team. A lot of really good kids on and off the field.

Edited by bigcat77

Meigs has NO chance in this game. As for looking down the road I agree with bigcat, Loudon, CAK, and Alcoa could care less if they played Polk. I do however believe that PC could beat CAK or Loudon and would compete well with Alcoa. Polk's season will end when they run into a team that has linemen they can't blow off the ball. Until then I expect the Wildcat train to steamroll along.

No problem. As a Bradley fan I couldn't let that one go by without a response. And I am serious about it being a great game every time we play.

Great thing about our schedule last year and this is that I have been able to watch Polk 6 times now. Polk has a great chance in the playoffs, even tho getting by Alcoa is a tall order.

Thx man. Lol,most a the time my mouth is out aheada my brain.I ,too,am a Bradley fan.Our son Josh,# 51 ,played baseball with Bradley and Tucker,,, think 12-14 year olds ? And Bradley's dad was a coach then. All around GREAT people we met then. Funny,if ya look at the pic s,Bradley and Josh were captains,I believe,last game.Man thats what high school ball should be.The two games I look forward to are Bradley and South Pitt. It s the atmosphere , the tension is at the limit. I wanted to see ya'll this year,may still get the chance. We got over there last year,on our off week. Heh,heh,thanks fer bringin' me down a notch. That said,GO POLK !!!!!

Oh stuff it, APB - it *may* not be us, but it darn sure will be somebody.

:hungry:

Heh-heh.WHATEVER dude.This is like any team playing the same blowouts year after year.At ,no ,not the LEAST,,South Pitt took it up a knotch .As Polk will.We don't want blowouts ,we want COMPETITION ! Win or lose.Playing beneath your capabilities makes you WEAK. Blowouts ruin a friday night -BORING. With ya Yeehaw,,, :thumb:

Meigs has NO chance in this game. As for looking down the road I agree with bigcat, Loudon, CAK, and Alcoa could care less if they played Polk. I do however believe that PC could beat CAK or Loudon and would compete well with Alcoa. Polk's season will end when they run into a team that has linemen they can't blow off the ball. Until then I expect the Wildcat train to steamroll along.

Ya never know on a givin' Friday night. Them big heads and rose colored glasses come off real quick sometimes.